ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Blitz Nur Spec R or Ninja After burner which back box? (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/382903-blitz-nur-spec-r-or-ninja-after-burner-which-back-box.html)

UK300-199 26 November 2004 01:26 PM

Blitz Nur Spec R or Ninja After burner which back box?

Can you please tell me which back box should i get for MY51.

NeilT 26 November 2004 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by UK300-199
Can you please tell me which back box should i get for MY51.

Just to clarify, the Ninja and Afterburner are 2, separate backboxes, there is no such box as the "Ninja Afterburner".

Neil
Scoobyworld Ltd
www.scoobyworld.co.uk

UK300-199 26 November 2004 03:05 PM

OOOPS Sorry people ive got my wires crossed.

ok
so its either a ninja or after burner or blitz.

simplyscooby 26 November 2004 03:09 PM

I have just bought a tsl afterburner, and if you like it load you can't beat it, it can be heard over a mile away performance increase was good too.

NeilT 26 November 2004 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by simplyscooby
I have just bought a tsl afterburner, and if you like it load you can't beat it, it can be heard over a mile away performance increase was good too.

TSL 'Afterburner' - LOL!

Neil

Peanuts 26 November 2004 03:30 PM

performance increase was good too
if you can justify/quantify that statement you could save a whole heap of trouble/whoop-ass in another thread ;)

pray tell, has the rolling road thrown up any figures to back it up?

simplyscooby 26 November 2004 03:34 PM

Only had the exhaust on 3 days so now figures, as for performance, my type r was quick enough, but having said that it did seem quicker on the same stretch of country road which i travel down every other day.

But sorry have no figures yet

simplyscooby 26 November 2004 03:41 PM

Whilst on the topic i believe H&S do a removable bung, i think i am going to have to buy one as the wife thinks its too loud when she drives it, but it will staraight out again when i am driving.

UK300-199 26 November 2004 04:51 PM

over 77 views and only 5 votes come on people!!

scoobyDAZZA 26 November 2004 09:48 PM

why not consider an H+S ?
if you want loud,which it seems you do then go for the subtle 4" tail-pipe
but only subtle in looks ;-)
louder and sounds better than the blitz i replaced it with
cheers 2 neil @ scoobyworld 4 that ;-)

Jamesemt 27 November 2004 10:19 PM

I stuck a Blitz Nur spec on my Scoob and have to say I am gobsmacked by the amount of difference power wise...never believed a backbox could release so many horsies :D

UK300-199 27 November 2004 11:38 PM

whats the difference between a nur spec and a nur spec r?

subaru swift 28 November 2004 01:02 AM

the nur r is the full exhaust and the nur is just the back box!.

i have a blitz nur r with a decatted front pipe and wow its so sexy........... .

UK300-199 30 November 2004 01:54 PM

Ok

Ive made my mind up im going for the Nur spec does anyone know if it comes with a bung?

Peanuts 30 November 2004 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesemt
I stuck a Blitz Nur spec on my Scoob and have to say I am gobsmacked by the amount of difference power wise...never believed a backbox could release so many horsies :D

back this up with figures, thats the point, you cant speculate as to a powerr increase.
I doubt you would even be able to tell a 10bhp increase really, given that there can be fluctuations greater than this dependant on the weather :rolleyes:
without proof, this means less the fukall

Aztec Performance Ltd 30 November 2004 03:51 PM

Blitz is LOUD. IF you want louder I'm sure that some custom exhaust place can make one up for you. Some custom places do cat-back sys for £200 fitted!

now where did I put my ear plugs ...

U WOT! 30 November 2004 03:56 PM

Ok

Ive made my mind up im going for the Nur spec does anyone know if it comes with a bung?

Yes it does come with a bung.

Peanuts 30 November 2004 03:57 PM

you can buy the components from demon tweaks for next to feck all to make your own exhaust with any amount of baffling/silencing you want.

Aztec Performance Ltd 30 November 2004 05:02 PM

Ok

Good choice the blitz:) I've got a spare bung. PM me if you need it.

Bob

Jamesemt 30 November 2004 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Peanuts
back this up with figures, thats the point, you cant speculate as to a powerr increase.
I doubt you would even be able to tell a 10bhp increase really, given that there can be fluctuations greater than this dependant on the weather :rolleyes:
without proof, this means less the fukall

I understand what you are saying but for me it was like this: drive to mates, fit exhaust, drive out. The car felt a lot different an hour later - I've never felt any difference like this before...not in a morning, not even between UL and Optimax...Someone who has done this may be able to back me up... I believe it made a lot of difference as I wasn't expecting ANY difference so the placebo effect is ungrounded...