ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Wholewheat Pasta (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/382494-wholewheat-pasta.html)

GC8 24 November 2004 10:10 PM

Wholewheat Pasta

Is it me or does wholewheat pasta taste like normal pasta with a sprinkling of soil? I wonder if you get used to it like semi-skimmed milk?

djuk 24 November 2004 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by GC8
Is it me or does wholewheat pasta taste like normal pasta with a sprinkling of soil? I wonder if you get used to it like semi-skimmed milk?

I actually prefer wholewheat pasta to white pasta, doesn't taste quite as processed.

ChrisB 24 November 2004 10:14 PM

I mentioned trying wholewheat pasta to my girlfriend on the theory of it being better for you. She said it was but it tastes like crap so don't bother. Her job? Senior Dietician in the NHS :D

GC8 24 November 2004 10:15 PM

When you posted that you had exactly the same post count as me; 633. I'll have to see if I get used to it; i suppose that brown rice tastes like sh*te too?

Simon

RJMS 24 November 2004 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by GC8

Quite happy with semi-skimmed milk - wholewheat pasta is horrible (IMHO) and I don't think I could ever get used to it!

djuk 24 November 2004 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by GC8
When you posted that you had exactly the same post count as me; 633. I'll have to see if I get used to it; i suppose that brown rice tastes like sh*te too?

Simon

It does take a while to get used to after eating white pasta for a while but tastes good :) There evened up the post count! :D

GC8 24 November 2004 10:18 PM

Chris; it depends what you do with it. Ive just mixed it with a Campbells mushroom soup and a tin of tuna and you cant really taste the difference. Its a bit too earthy for a recipe where you dont smother the taste though.

Simon

Vegescoob 24 November 2004 10:34 PM

Yum Yum.

hugo 24 November 2004 10:59 PM

Brown rice :) wholewheat pasta :nono:

How many wholewheat pasta dishes do you see in an Italian resaurant? :confused:

Chip 25 November 2004 09:32 AM

Brown rice and pasta I find nicer than the other stuff. You get used to it after a while then find the mainstream pasta and rice very bland.

It's a whole lot better for you as well. Always amazes me how ppl think pasta is good for you when they throw ready made processed salty sauces over it most of the time.

Chip.

Vegescoob 25 November 2004 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Chip
Brown rice and pasta I find nicer than the other stuff. You get used to it after a while then find the mainstream pasta and rice very bland.

It's a whole lot better for you as well. Always amazes me how ppl think pasta is good for you when they throw ready made processed salty sauces over it most of the time.

Chip.

Agree and so easy to make sauces oneself so one knows what's in them.