ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Xbox Best Connection to Digital TV (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/382148-xbox-best-connection-to-digital-tv.html)

CLSII 23 November 2004 09:08 PM

Xbox Best Connection to Digital TV

Having recently bought a Sony digital TV and bearing in mind that Father Christmas will be bringing me...I mean my son :D an Xbox. What is the best way to connect one to the other for optimum performance?

The TV has a scart available at the rear and an s connector. The other connecters Red White and Yellow (Forget what they're called) are at the front so I'd prefer the Scart/s connector idea.

I'm way out of date as the last thing I had was a playstation years ago which used an RF lead. Do any of these come with the Xbox.

All help with this would me much appreciated as I'd like to get things sorted before Christmas. :)

Regards

stevebt 23 November 2004 09:16 PM

xbox comes with composite leads and a scart connector, but ou will be better buying a S video cable for it since you TV can do it :)

JackClark 23 November 2004 09:22 PM

Get the advanced cable, it's a scart cable with RGB enabled. Then make sure your tellys spare scart socket is RGB enabled, if not get a splitter. The difference saved me from buying a new TV.

CLSII 23 November 2004 09:26 PM

Thanks for the prompt replies :)

Where is the best place to get these cables from?

Thanks again CLS II

DJ Dunk 23 November 2004 10:25 PM

Yep, get the Official Advanced Scart :)

gregh 24 November 2004 10:49 AM

Can you get RGB splitters then? Do they affect picture quality?

My TV only has one RGB in which my Tivo uses, I have the XBox advanced SCART

cheers,

greg

JackClark 24 November 2004 11:05 AM

A fully wired Scart Splitter / Junction Box does the job for me. XBox is fine, Playstation interferes with the automatic screen ratio switching.

DJ Dunk 24 November 2004 12:08 PM

I too have a manual RGB switcher box for my Xbox/PS2/GC/Sky works a treat and screen ratio switching works fine too :) Also use an optical splitter for sound. Don't touch the auto-switching devices IMO, all the ones I have tried give bad ghosting.

JackClark 24 November 2004 12:49 PM

My box doesn't have switching, I can only turn on one device at a time. Bit of a pain, but then I'm a cheapskate.

DJ Dunk 24 November 2004 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark
My box doesn't have switching, I can only turn on one device at a time. Bit of a pain, but then I'm a cheapskate.

Best way :) Auto switchers are more of a pain ! Pressing a button to switch is no hardship :)

CraigH 24 November 2004 06:27 PM

wheres a good place for these?

ex-webby 25 November 2004 12:33 AM

The manual ones can be bought from PCWORLD.... about £15.00 (I use one with my plasma and it's fine..... no interference.

BTW.... forget S-ViDEO. If your set takes RGB use that as it's far better.

Regards,
Shaun.

smithy1981 25 November 2004 10:01 AM

Just buy the 3rd party scart, does RGB, S-video and comes with and optical wire for the optical out socket. I only paid 15 which is less than the official one and the build quality is top notch!

BTW is the autoswitching one from argos crap?

EXSCOOBY 25 November 2004 05:28 PM

the single best way of palying xbox is the component lead
however youre tv would need to accept component
i play mine through a projector
it looks amazing in high def mode

ex-webby 25 November 2004 05:59 PM

Hi-Def is awesome....... worth me buying a Plasma just to see the XBOX! :D

Regards,
Shaun.