ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Terroist threat (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/382006-terroist-threat.html)

AndyK 23 November 2004 02:22 PM

Terroist threat

I am in the states right now and they are reporting that the UK governement has stopped a plot to take out Canary Warf, 2 other building next door and Heathrow. The plan was to hit them all at once in planes!

They are also saying that the UK is refusing to give them any information.

Have you lot heard anything about it??? have I missed the threads on it?

Bit difficult to get real news over here.

OllyK 23 November 2004 02:24 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/ - nothing there

BlkKnight 23 November 2004 02:25 PM

nowt on the beeb

Anything webbased your end?

OTHER TOP STORIES
Hostages freed in Afghanistan
Ukraine poll protests escalate
Accused 'had gun under mattress'
MoD probes Black Watch shooting
Businessman seen running for life
13,000 new marine species found

AndyK 23 November 2004 02:25 PM

Try here.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004541906,00.html

But it all looks minor from what I can tell, whereas over here it is being reported as being major

MJW 23 November 2004 02:26 PM

Just this so far, seems like only ITN are covering it ATM :

http://www.itv.com/news/index_957889.html

PG 23 November 2004 02:28 PM

Keep them afraid ......... :rolleyes:

AndyK 23 November 2004 02:28 PM

Maybe the initial reporting over here was blowing it out of proption then and it was not much of a threat.

Brendan Hughes 23 November 2004 02:35 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/...357526,00.html

gsm1 23 November 2004 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by PG
Keep them afraid ......... :rolleyes:

Exactly.

geeva 23 November 2004 02:36 PM

this story has been around for ages , it was a failed plot IIRC

also (and I might be being a little bit cynical here) these stories always seem to come out whenever tory tony the war mongering zionist wants to pass some more laws or start another war (invade iran anyone?)

or maybe to stop telegraph and daily mail readers complaining about the fox hunting ban?

jasey 23 November 2004 02:40 PM

Maybe GW Bush will send over 8 Million Marines to Protect it's great Ally - Just til the UK elections are over ;).

AndyK 23 November 2004 02:42 PM

If you watched th basketball on friday you would know those troops would be better placed on the court protecting the crowd!

unclebuck 23 November 2004 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by gsm1
Exactly.

Yep, pure propaganda. There is no 'threat'.

gsm1 23 November 2004 02:46 PM

I'm going to get into my bunker just in case.

Kevin Groat 23 November 2004 02:49 PM

As there was no threat on the US - till it happened...

Chip 23 November 2004 02:53 PM

How convenient that this old story is released just before the Queens speech starting that her government is going to crack down on terrorists. They must think we are just so gullible which of course most people are.

Chip

gsm1 23 November 2004 02:59 PM

There has always been a threat of terrorism for eons.

There is no threat in this case. The intelligence services have said it's the first they've heard of anything. But those that put out such stories know if you throw enough mud some will stick. Anyone blown Old Trafford up yet?

unclebuck 23 November 2004 03:01 PM

I saw a muslim today. I was really scared 'cause she might blow up. :eek: Then I remembered it was alright 'cause that nice Mr Blair and Mr Blunkett will protect me.

jasey 23 November 2004 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by gsm1
Anyone blown Old Trafford up yet?

That's not terrorism - that's doing everyone a favour :).

and before we get all the Man Utd fans banging on about bad taste , not funny etc etc - It's a Joke

gsm1 23 November 2004 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by jasey
That's not terrorism - that's doing everyone a favour :).

and before we get all the Man Utd fans banging on about bad taste , not funny etc etc - It's a Joke

I was going to make it as well but it was just too obvious. ;)
Anyway, you can take the flak for it now.

Brendan Hughes 23 November 2004 03:24 PM

Flak - aaaargh, everybody run!

Bravo2zero_sps 23 November 2004 03:32 PM

Yeah of course the usual Scoobynet terror experts dismiss it all as nonsense as usual. Hmm wonder who people will believe - self proclaimed Scoobynet experts or the security forces such as MI5/6 and Scotland Yard? :rolleyes:

unclebuck 23 November 2004 03:35 PM

It's the security forces that say there is no 'global terrorist network'. But I chose to believe nice Mr Blair because I know he *never* lies about matters of national security.

Chip 23 November 2004 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by **************
Yeah of course the usual Scoobynet terror experts dismiss it all as nonsense as usual. Hmm wonder who people will believe - self proclaimed Scoobynet experts or the security forces such as MI5/6 and Scotland Yard? :rolleyes:

You mean like when they brought in the tanks etc at Heathrow a few months ago. That was a joke as well wasn't it.

Chip

Bravo2zero_sps 23 November 2004 03:39 PM

Actually the security report mentions Heathrow along with Canary Wharf and the two towers next to it being the targets. The report does not state when these attacks were foiled and the tanks at Heathrow are more than likely linked to the foiled plot.

jasey 23 November 2004 03:40 PM

Don't forget that Iraq has huge missiles than can be set off in 45 minutes and kill everyone.

gsm1 23 November 2004 03:45 PM

The security and intelligence services have foiled plots and gathered evidence of plans to attack British targets, as David Blunkett, the home secretary, has repeatedly suggested in recent speeches. They will be revealed, he has suggested, in forthcoming trials.

Yeah, of course they will be. Which trials will they be, those kangaroo court ones he wants to introduce?

jasey 23 November 2004 03:49 PM

One of the trials will no doubt be the threat to the heart of the British Government by those people pretending to be Fox Hunter protestors and of course the Islamic fundamentalist pretending to be Batman (He wasn't a father for Justice you know) who scaled the wall at Buck Palace.

It will all come out in the wash in these trials (Just after the Next Election).

They really know their electorate well these New Labourites ;).

unclebuck 23 November 2004 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by jasey
One of the trials will no doubt be the threat to the heart of the British Government by those people pretending to be Fox Hunter protestors and of course the Islamic fundamentalist pretending to be Batman

They're *all* part of the highly organised network of global terror.

;)

tiggers 23 November 2004 03:56 PM

Have you heard? MI5 and MI6 are to be disbanded.

From now on the country will rely on a small group of users on an internet forum called Scoobynet for its security and intelligence information as repeatedly (oh how ;) ) they have proved they know what's best for us :D :D

tiggers.