ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Dealer help needed (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/381791-dealer-help-needed.html)

virgin 22 November 2004 06:27 PM

Dealer help needed

Hi

Realise i need to be careful, so here goes

I am desperatly looking for a good dealer,i have had 4 bad experiences one after the other and have decided to take my beloved sar somewhere else

I am looking in the baldock/stevenage area, must also be a authorised dealer

Can anyone suggest somewhere from personal experience please

Pro Boy 22 November 2004 07:53 PM

Quenbys

virgin 22 November 2004 09:41 PM

have to be careful again but, not there

do you know of anywhere else ?

Scoob99 22 November 2004 09:45 PM

Their is a new Dealer in Bletchley:D
Cheers
Colin

virgin 23 November 2004 08:35 PM

thanks !, thats only 25 miles

are they any good ?

Scratch 23 November 2004 08:44 PM

I use Welch Subaru in Cambridge, or rather in Great Shelford on the South West side on Cambridge. Have been using them for a while now and can't recommend them enough. They came recommended to me from a freind who had an MY98, then RB5 then Sti8PPP from them and had great service thorughout also.

Used to use Oakley Subaru in Bedford, but fell out with them over a bodywork repair they did, immediately followed by an inflated invoice for quoted work that did not vary from the quote. Before this point they had also been great. Don't know if they were just havign a couple of bad days and it happened to be when I was dealing with them but........anyway, they're gone now, no longer a franchised dealer, but I believe they can still provide full Subaru servicing.

virgin 24 November 2004 08:06 PM

cheers scratch

i have used oakley once on my old scoob but had a similair experience to you

Although they are not my problem dealer i must clarify

Cambs sounds really good , i will take it there for my 10k serivce me thinks !

do you get a curtisy car from them?

Althou

Brian the Sn@il 24 November 2004 08:15 PM

Are there any good dealers out there ???

Brian the Sn@il 24 November 2004 08:16 PM

will be good to hear of Stories of Above the Call of Duty from a dealer ??

we all hear about the bad ones, but has anyone had something really good happen from a dealer.. as im sure we can name them !!

virgin 24 November 2004 09:04 PM

ok
anyone got something good to say about Quenbys then:Suspiciou

Scratch 24 November 2004 09:39 PM

Welch Group - Yes you will get a courtesy car, but exactly what you get varies, I've had, legacy saloons, legacy estates, a forester and a some small Diahatsu (spelling?) box thing which was also OK.

Usually need to book about a week in advance to be sure of courtesy car though.

Quenby's - My mate bought his Bugeye WRX wagon from them and was well pleased with the service he received, although the car has never been back since as he lives in Sheffield.

virgin 25 November 2004 07:15 PM

yep the service is good, but its the service-ing i had problems with.

Andy_1271 26 November 2004 12:26 PM

as a follow up to the one in bletchley, I think they're know as Milton Keynes Subaru, I've been there a few times (I'm seriously thinking about having a 2.5 forester from them)

I'ver always found the sales guys there to be very helpful and not at all pushy, I even got a freebie test drive when I was only expecting to be allowed to have a good look around the car .... although I think that may have been due to the sales chap wanting to see what it was like too.

Colleague at work has a car from them and found them to be superb.

I have my 24 hour test drive booked with them for 6/12, they even offered to let me leave my car with them while I was out and would give it a wash for me !!

thumbs up!:)

simo 26 November 2004 01:10 PM

I can recomend the Fenny Stratford (Bletchley) dealer for servicing.

Drew in service is a V helpful bloke & nothing is to much trouble. Last service I even requested a brand of oil different to their norm & it was not a problem, even got the 1/2 ltr left over for top up.

Give him a call.

simon

virgin 01 December 2004 07:45 PM

thanks every one, i will try welch and bletchley

do bletchley give a hire car ?

Simon C 01 December 2004 09:57 PM

Mines been serviced by SGT in reading for 90% of its life. A bit of a hike to get to but never a problem and I do like looking in their showroom.