ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Happy New Scoob!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/381551-happy-new-scoob.html)

Prodrive_Eddie 21 November 2004 09:52 PM

Happy New Scoob!!!

Well folks, after being away from scoobies for a year I am back in the club. Bought an MY02 Sti Prodrive today - it's already put a smile back on my face and I don't even pick it up to the middle of the week!

Just one thing, the guy reckons that it has a full ppp fitted, however he ahs no cert to prove. Am I right in thinking that he should have one if it were fitted? Are there any visual signs of ppp?

Oh, also, just wondered what type of security was fitted as standard.

Glad to be back!:norty:

Eddie (ex RB5oc member)

T5NYW 21 November 2004 10:20 PM

Certainly the best looking newage car :D Ps not all came with certifcate a dealer can tell history ;)

Tony

chris's scooby 21 November 2004 10:27 PM

I think the back box would be different but as Tony said a call to a local dealer will reveal all.

pin777 21 November 2004 10:31 PM

i had a cert with mine

only visable sign is the exhaust (bigger/ stamped prodrive)that i can see

not sure iff my02 came with tracker as standard?

hope this helps:)

S777EDW 22 November 2004 12:17 AM

thanks you guys. glad to be back in the land of enthusiasts! i'd lost the big smile that you turn up to work with when driving a scoob to work!

Right then, let's start thinking about those mods - to morette or not to morette?

Ed

T5NYW 22 November 2004 08:33 PM

Moretts NO :( IMHO

Get Driving lamps, mine are Fogs I don't do much night driving ;) looks loads better :D

http://www.sidtech.co.uk/iu/T5NYW002485473200.jpg

Mal K 22 November 2004 08:49 PM

I wouldn't put Morrettes on IMO however a set of WR Sports will look the business.

S777EDW 23 November 2004 06:14 PM

Mmm, I'm still undecided. I do like the STi smoked bug eyes over the standard, but I think the morette's give it some more character... Guess I'll just get the beast and make a decision from there.

Also been toying with the idea of PPP v's Full Scoobysport & PE Re-map. Anyone got figures on the latter, cheaper (but just as mouthwatering) option?...

Ta,

Ed (empty wallet again!)

T5NYW 23 November 2004 06:50 PM

If it has PPP should still be under Warranty ;) early PPP's were a Daughter Board soldered onto the inside of the ECU. This would need to be removed before a Remap could be done AFAIR. The very last PPP's of MY02's were EcuTek'd.

Tony

ProdriveSTI 24 November 2004 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by T5NYW
Moretts NO :( IMHO

Get Driving lamps, mine are Fogs I don't do much night driving ;) looks loads better :D

http://www.sidtech.co.uk/iu/T5NYW002485473200.jpg

Your car looks mint T5NYW.. :notworthy are those standard subaru fogs...
any info on them would be appreciated.

Cheers

T5NYW 24 November 2004 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by ProdriveSTI
Your car looks mint T5NYW.

Cheers, I think so aswell :D:D

are those standard subaru fogs...
any info on them would be appreciated.

I scratched the Car earlier in the year and replaced the BargeBoard Covers with THESE in blue and Black are a different Part No.. At £345 for the pair,they aren't cheap :rolleyes: but one Std BargeBoard Cover is nearly £280 IIRC.

And yes the Std. Subaru FOG or Spot light kit fits. If you just have the Lamps you'll need a Relay and a Fog spot lamp switch :D

Tony

scooby L 24 November 2004 11:09 AM

I scratched the Car earlier in the year

only a little scratch I seem to remember....:eek2:

Car looks fantastic again Tony

T5NYW 24 November 2004 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by scooby L
only a little scratch I seem to remember

Car looks fantastic again Tony

Ta :D Got L&V Insurance renewal through Today :rolleyes: Premium only went up £50 :D Top Company :cool: IMHO, not even going to bother to Shop around :D

Originally Posted by Mal K
I wouldn't put Morrettes on IMO however a set of WR Sports will look the business.

Look here on PRODRIVE in lights section. Shows the WR replacement to the Bugeye, a very good replacement for the WRX and a bit better than the STi's ;) IMHO

also driving lamps etc to fit in the BargeBoard :cool:

Tony

ProdriveSTI 24 November 2004 12:06 PM

At £345 for the pair,they aren't cheap :rolleyes: but one Std BargeBoard Cover is nearly £280 IIRC.

And yes the Std. Subaru FOG or Spot light kit fits. If you just have the Lamps you'll need a Relay and a Fog spot lamp switch :D

Tony

Who fitted them? & are they easy to fit?
are your the Gas Discharge Driving Light or the Halogen Driving Light Kit

T5NYW 24 November 2004 03:42 PM

Who fitted them? & are they easy to fit?
are your the Gas Discharge Driving Light or the Halogen Driving Light Kit

Mine are Fogs ;)

Subaru OEM Fogs or Driving lamp Kits are about £200 (Non OEM are £120 ish) and Bargeboard Covers need to fit them in are £345 so £550 ish in all.

Uncertain of the Price of Prodrive H/D/Lights, GD/D/lights or WRC replacement Bugeyes ;)

YHM PM

Tony