ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   whats the difference MY03 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/381133-whats-the-difference-my03.html)

cw42 19 November 2004 11:03 PM

whats the difference MY03

Just getting insurance quotes for a MY03 WRX STI, and when I put the reg. in, it keeps coming up as a MY03 WRX SL.
On the list, it goes: wrx, wrx sti, wrx sl, wrx sti wr1.
Is the SL an STI with better spec, or a lesser car?
chris.

RRH 19 November 2004 11:06 PM

SL is a WRX with leather

DBY 19 November 2004 11:09 PM

It also gets heated seats and electric sliding sun roof

cw42 19 November 2004 11:42 PM

cheers guys. ad says leather, but couldn't spot any in the dark tonight, will have a proper look tomorrow when I go for a test drive.
No sunroof either, that was easy to spot :)
Why is it coming up as a sl, when its badged and engined as an sti though, very strange, unless I've got the number plate wrong.
SO 03 BJX is the plate.

chris.

supertouring 19 November 2004 11:55 PM

Scooby X?

Does it have a Safari roof vent? Don't bother with it if it hasn't ;)

cw42 20 November 2004 02:21 AM

bugger off super, you'd be after this one if you saw it too! :)

Yes, look at the time, I'm on nights!

chris.

sKunk 20 November 2004 10:47 AM

My WRX STI came up as an SL on the online Privilege site. Had to call them to get a proper quote.

cw42 20 November 2004 12:55 PM

cheers skunk, at least I'm not the only one then :)

sKunk 20 November 2004 01:00 PM

No probs :)

bluepolarbear 20 November 2004 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by sKunk
My WRX STI came up as an SL on the online Privilege site. Had to call them to get a proper quote.

Try the AA site

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/ca...romDatabase=NO

Mine comes up as

IMPREZA (41T) WRX STI TYP

For MY04 STI Type UK

cw42 20 November 2004 04:27 PM

bluepolarbear, thats mint, cheers :)
car comes up as a my03 wrx sti type uk.
bookmarked that site for future reference :)

chris.

anc-sti 20 November 2004 04:56 PM

My sti came up as a sl on a couple of insurance sites, one site even thought it was a GL, by god was that a creap quote, only discovered it was quoting a GL after I picked myself up off the floor.:D

chris's scooby 20 November 2004 05:35 PM

I just tried the AA site. I thought mine had come up as a Ford Focus, then i checked my reg number, saw i'd come up with some form of combination from my last 2 cars...

When i put the correct one in it all came up ok.

cw42 20 November 2004 06:19 PM

anc-sti, yeah, thats why I was asking. insurance went from £500 to nearly £900, sl to sti :(
conning buggers!
:)

pantelis 21 November 2004 12:21 AM

Did you find out why it has a low rear wing? I think you are going to beat me to this as I am taking my son to the MPH show in the morning. My wife will be gutted - she had her heart set on it if the car turned out to be genuine:(
Still getting my arse kicked for letting another go because I could not get there for a couple of days.

chris's scooby 21 November 2004 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by pantelis
Did you find out why it has a low rear wing? I think you are going to beat me to this as I am taking my son to the MPH show in the morning. My wife will be gutted - she had her heart set on it if the car turned out to be genuine:(
Still getting my arse kicked for letting another go because I could not get there for a couple of days.

Don't worry, there will be another one along. :)

pantelis 21 November 2004 12:27 AM

Yeah your right:) but my arse hurts;)

cw42 21 November 2004 09:14 AM

pantelis, no idea why it has a low rear wing, if your talking about the same car:)
I'm not able to test drive till tuesday, so maybe you will beat me to it!
Sounds like whoever gets it, will be paying full price :(
chris.

cw42 22 November 2004 05:09 PM

pantelis, did you go see it? I managed to get there today for a quick test-drive, and nick told me he was expecting a fellow scoobynetter from coventry, is that you?
I've never driven a my03 before, and was very impressed, bit of a jitery drive, but pulled like a train from 3000rpm onwards, and didn't seem to want to stop :)
Don't know what the story behind the low level spoiler is, and looking at your other thread, it doesn't look like you'll ever find out either :)
Got to shift my car first though, so it's pretty academic on whether I like it or not, I can't afford it until mine goes.

chris.

explore 22 November 2004 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by cw42
Just getting insurance quotes for a MY03 WRX STI, and when I put the reg. in, it keeps coming up as a MY03 WRX SL.
On the list, it goes: wrx, wrx sti, wrx sl, wrx sti wr1.
Is the SL an STI with better spec, or a lesser car?
chris.

i get this too mate. with my 03wrx i mainly get wrx sti come up which means i would pay more for insurace for a car i havent got or i get wrx sl come up also the same thing pay more for something i dont own.
i belive something needs to be done about the because we are being ripped off, i wounder how many of us dont know we are paying insurace for an sti or sl when all we drive is a wrx.

explore 22 November 2004 06:33 PM

bugger off super, you'd be after this one if you saw it too! :)

Yes, look at the time, I'm on nights!

chris.

mine even happens when i phone um up, i always make them read back what it says. dumb fcuks dont really know anything about cars unless its on there pc lol thats what they make me do lollol

explore 22 November 2004 06:40 PM

my03 wrx comes up as impreza (41T) wrx turbo, what the hell is the (41T) about or mean? can anyone help?

pantelis 22 November 2004 11:23 PM

Yes mate - it was me. Took a while to get there and got held up in Cov this morning so wife could not come. I decided she's having it anyway!! A bit of scuffing on the rear bumper but im sure the local dent type people can sort that out. I did not drive it for long, mainly wanted to check the feel of the clutch and gearchange but, yes, it goes well! I am DETERMINED to find out why it has that low spoiler!
Will be going back later this week to pay balance and pick up.

Good luck selling yours.

pantelis, did you go see it? I managed to get there today for a quick test-drive, and nick told me he was expecting a fellow scoobynetter from coventry, is that you?
I've never driven a my03 before, and was very impressed, bit of a jitery drive, but pulled like a train from 3000rpm onwards, and didn't seem to want to stop :)
Don't know what the story behind the low level spoiler is, and looking at your other thread, it doesn't look like you'll ever find out either :)
Got to shift my car first though, so it's pretty academic on whether I like it or not, I can't afford it until mine goes.

chris.

cw42 23 November 2004 12:03 AM

well done m8, hope your wife appreciates it :)
guess I'd better start looking for another one now :(

chris.