ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Prince Charles... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/380910-prince-charles.html)

Peanuts 19 November 2004 09:05 AM

Prince Charles...

was right!
he went about it in a ham-fisted fashion but the nanny state has given everybody too many rights,
some of the herberts we employ around here wouldnt have got a look in five years ago, now, not only do we have to give them a job, we have to bloody pay them an extortionate minimum wage to boot!

people want their arses wiping for them these days, and want bloody paying for it.

I am not surprised that we are employing so many foreign nationals, at least they still understand the concept of a "days work".

MattOz 19 November 2004 09:23 AM

Prince Charles was right, and I can't understand the drivelling ramblings of the govenrment trying to defend the numpties who believe that they should be earning a squillion quid and hour and be able to have as many breaks as they want etc etc.

The attitude winds me up and I'm still relatively young. Get an education, start at the bottom. Work your way up. Expect to have to work hard if you want the rewards. It really very simple. Nobody has a given right to a job, it's just that there are so many that think they have.

Matt

Harry_Boy 19 November 2004 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by MattOz
Get an education, start at the bottom. Work your way up. Expect to have to work hard if you want the rewards.

Just like Prince Charles....:D

BTW - I agree 100% with what he meant....:)

DBY 19 November 2004 09:59 AM

He was right, but then again this sort of thing is not PC anymore especially in Media land.

paulr 19 November 2004 09:59 AM

Prince Charles was just repeating what Clint Eastwood once said.....

"A mans gotta know his limitations".

kob999 19 November 2004 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Peanuts
was right!
he went about it in a ham-fisted fashion but the nanny state has given everybody too many rights,
some of the herberts we employ around here wouldnt have got a look in five years ago, now, not only do we have to give them a job, we have to bloody pay them an extortionate minimum wage to boot!

people want their arses wiping for them these days, and want bloody paying for it.

I am not surprised that we are employing so many foreign nationals, at least they still understand the concept of a "days work".

What law is in place that is forcing you to hire people you would not have hired 5 years ago.

Harry_Boy 19 November 2004 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by DBY
He was right, but then again this sort of thing is not PC anymore especially in Media land.

Err, New Labour land.... Since when did Charles Clarke represent the media?:D

unclebuck 19 November 2004 10:42 AM

I wanna be a pop idol when I grow up.

goatherder 19 November 2004 10:47 AM

I dont see a problem with letting kids dream of being astronauts or whatever, but yeah giving them the idea that they should expect be rich/powerful/famous/etc seems a bit stupid. Someone's got to clean **** from hotel toilets, its just the way it is. ;)

Leslie 19 November 2004 11:21 AM

Yes what he said was right and NL don't like their PC leanings being publicised.

It was written in a privete memo anyway which was not intended for general publication and was revealed by that woman who is trying the unfair dismissal game.

Les