ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   PPP Testdrive - Oh Lordy! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/379248-ppp-testdrive-oh-lordy.html)

The Incredible Hulk 13 November 2004 04:20 PM

PPP Testdrive - Oh Lordy!

Although I'm sure many of you have heard this before, let me just get it out!:p I went for a test drive in an 03 WRX fitted with PPP just to help with my decision making on buying a PPP for my 01 wagon (no one had any 01 WRX PPPs on the forecourt).

Fantastic, I know many of you guys have higher powered cars but as a simple WRX owner I was mightly impressed. It certainly accelerates quicker, more so above 5,500rpm when the standard vehicle runs out of steam, however it was the in-gear acceleration that really got me smiling - it just picks up goes and before you know it your doing more than you intended! After a couple of hours I'd became use to it so when I then picked mine back up the difference was driven home again. The standard car feels like its being held back, as though you're towing something! Next weekend is negotiation time with the dealer, I want to include some prodrive springs as well and I'm hoping we can come to some deal on the fitting since I'll be spending nigh on £2k?

I can't wait till the PPP is fitted, oh by the way the mind boggles thinking about and STi with PPP!:notworthy

Kevin

RR 13 November 2004 04:22 PM

buy a 172cup it will be faster in a straight line LOL.

16vmarc 13 November 2004 04:22 PM

I know what you mean, car like the STi Type-R's must have blistering performance compared to the uk cars too.

Power Junkie 13 November 2004 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
I know what you mean, car like the STi Type-R's must have blistering performance compared to the uk cars too.

It does:D even over a jdm wrx.. my best buy yet:D:D

The Incredible Hulk 13 November 2004 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by RR

Good call, a year old cup will be worth about the same as the purchase price of a PPP kit:p

Kevin

chrisp 13 November 2004 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Power Junkie

even a modified jdm wrx ;)

chrisp 13 November 2004 04:37 PM

172 not my cup of tea

farmerwrx 13 November 2004 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Power Junkie

i will second that !

RR 13 November 2004 05:03 PM

I cant uderstand subaru, they have a fantastic car like the spec c and its not available from your local dealer. Wrx's are well of the pace now even with PPP. But each to there own.

IanK Spec C 13 November 2004 05:06 PM

MY01 PPP

Hi Kevin,

I've sent you a PM, you don't have to pay £1600 for a PPP for a MY01.

Regards,

Ian

Jamesemt 13 November 2004 05:14 PM

Can I get a PM about paying less for PPP!!

GaryCat 13 November 2004 05:16 PM

If it's an 01 WRX you won't be bothered about warranty, so why don't you get an Ecutek Tek2 upgrade for about £650 (£550 if you can find a group buy). I highly recommend Power Engineering. Another advantages is that you can get a switchable map so on a long motorway journey you can switch it into low-boost mode and get over 30mpg.

There are plenty of secondhand Prodrive or Scoobysport back boxes available as well as de-cat pipes etc. So, you can get a PPP-like upgrade for about £750.

G.

BradN 17 November 2004 12:39 PM

My black 03 Sti with PPP is up for sale!!!

The Fixer 17 November 2004 12:54 PM

With 2 K to play with we could do alot better than the PPP for your WRX ;)

Chris77 17 November 2004 01:55 PM

i too was looking for a ppp kit for my uk300, but have had a chat with the poeple at roger clark motorsport and for a little over 2k can get above 340bhp,

ethanrob 17 November 2004 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk
oh by the way the mind boggles thinking about and STi with PPP!:notworthy

Kevin

Add a full de-cat and oh momma,a pleasure to drive everyday :norty:

jasonius 17 November 2004 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by RR

Yaaaawwwwn!!!!

Gutmann pug 18 November 2004 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk
Good call, a year old cup will be worth about the same as the purchase price of a PPP kit:p

Kevin

I dont think so ......... you could probably buy a £10K cup with your depreciation over the last year though