ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   WYIOC - New Meeting Venue - Thursday 25th Nov (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/378764-wyioc-new-meeting-venue-thursday-25th-nov.html)

Alan C 11 November 2004 06:33 PM

WYIOC - New Meeting Venue - Thursday 25th Nov

Detailed research and hours calculating everything from surface condition, run in/out potential to the now infamous 'Toty-o-meter' all on our super-computer has resulted in the decision that the new venue will be...

The Trading Post at Whitwood.... :D

This offers a decent car park, good food, beer, a pool table, outdoor tables with heaters, 10% off for members, child freindly environment with play area and a nice friendly atmosphere..

The plan will be to hold the next meets on the 25th November & December, before looking at changing the format slightly where we will add another monthly date for the second Thursday of the month. This second date will be setup to allow everyone the chance to make at least one meet and offer a run out or other event night to the calendar.

The last Thursday Format will be the normal main gathering, this time with a pool league or similar to win a fabulous new Trophy, kindly donated by Mick :notworthy .

Details of the Trading Post...
Commerce Park, Pioneer Way, Whitwood, Castleford.
Tel: 01977 519587

http://www.pub-explorer.com/wyorks/p...stwhitwood.jpg

Map ---- http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=WF105PE

FACILITIES

Patio Area (with heaters), Wheelchair Access, Disabled Toilet, Baby Changing Facilities, outside & inside Children's Play Area (free).

Room for 100+ cars. Please park at the rear of the car park on club nights.. (no reason apart from the fact that it will look bloody good!!)

Ok. That's about it..hopefully we'll see you all there as normal on the 25th @7:30pm :D:D:D

Any questions?

bart750 11 November 2004 06:44 PM

cant make the 25th decemer alan got a few things to do ie presents you might need to amend the december date ? cant see many turning up to that one at least not sober but the barnsley lads will be up for the next meet on the 25th nov if we can find it

hawkthescoobslayer 11 November 2004 06:47 PM

excellent i'll be there on 25th november and i'll be ruf!!!!!!!!!

corradoboy 11 November 2004 07:09 PM

I'll be there to get RUF ;)

MadGrip 11 November 2004 07:21 PM

should be there to collect all my lovely new ralliart birthday prezzies :D

Phil

for those of us who havn't aclue where it is, is there a pre meeting point ??

Al, get it stuck in our calendar :)
WYIOC

Alan C 11 November 2004 07:21 PM

Bart, I left the December date blank as there's something happening on the 25th :D

We'll choose a date on the Novemebr doo. Hope to see you there..

simpsons ! 11 November 2004 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Alan C
Bart, I left the December date blank as there's something happening on the 25th :D

We'll choose a date on the Novemebr doo. Hope to see you there..

I know what's happening on December 25th, Just searched google and apparantly Jesus is going to born, I reckon Mary is going to have an induced birth, For google to know that far ahead !

MadGrip 11 November 2004 08:15 PM

I predict all the B&B's to be full aswell :)

Sticky Stuff 11 November 2004 08:18 PM

Phil, it's 30 seconds away from M62 J31 (Head for Castleford and stay keep in the right hand lane)

Bart, I'll be going over from Ryhill, if you Barnsley lot want to meet there somewhere just let me know.

Never mind Mick's wheel, you should see the state of the frickin' kerb he's demolished!!!!!

Alan C 11 November 2004 09:33 PM

Phil. The convoy from the Holmfield Arms is still on... for those coming from the M1/Barsnley/West side.. quite a nice run up too..

7:10 set off as usual. Just remind me to turn left out of the car park :D

Sticky - I could help notice the scrapes, chips and marks as we turned left at 'Micks bend'.. :eek2:
BTW.. Duly added to the site Mr Webmaster sir..:notworthy
BTW2.. I've added a multi map link..

Sticky Stuff 11 November 2004 09:58 PM

Oooh, a convoy from the Holmfield. It's the wrong direction for me, but a chance to do some of those roads in cannot be passed up. I might join you from there.

Believe it or not, there were three other wheels buried in the same hedge as Mick's rim :eek:

hawkthescoobslayer 11 November 2004 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sticky Stuff
Oooh, a convoy from the Holmfield. It's the wrong direction for me, but a chance to do some of those roads in cannot be passed up. I might join you from there.

Believe it or not, there were three other wheels buried in the same hedge as Mick's rim :eek:

takes note NOT to let his 18" ruf one anywhere near that bush :norty:

im sure there's a WYIOC pnnnnnnaaaaaaaarrrrr there somewhere ;)

Alan C 11 November 2004 10:10 PM

.. Believe it or not, there were three other wheels buried in the same hedge as Mick's rim :eek:

He only needs two. Anything he can buy? :D

Sorry mate.. couldn't resist :D

MadGrip 11 November 2004 10:54 PM

M1/ Barnsley/ West Side
http://www.mucke-und-mehr.de/kino/images/alig.jpg

Phil :D

Sticky Stuff 11 November 2004 10:54 PM

Hawk, call me a little slow on the uptake if you like, but have you had a change of vehicle recently? If so, I wish you'd said something instead of keeping us all in the dark. :D

No, Al, they looked like they'd come off a tranny (come on Apple, do your worst.... or failing that HB can have a pop...)

Harry_Boy 12 November 2004 12:16 AM

Hawk, call me a little slow on the uptake if you like, but have you had a change of vehicle recently? If so, I wish you'd said something instead of keeping us all in the dark. :D

No, Al, they looked like they'd come off a tranny (come on Apple, do your worst.... or failing that HB can have a pop...)

Anyone mention me....????:D

Andy, I've been concerned about your orientation ever since your revelations about playing in mud. On your bike.

And now, this tranny business is just completely Out Of Hand.... :eek:

Paul. Do we take it that your Ruf motor will be making an appearance at a Trading Post near us. On the 25th??

Al. Succinct. Lucid. Amusing. Just some of the words I'd like to apply to your post.... Like to. But...:D Sorry mate - Been on the bitter this eve.... Won't do it again. :nono:

Harry_Boy 12 November 2004 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by hawkthescoobslayer
takes note NOT to let his 18" ruf one anywhere near that bush :norty:

im sure there's a WYIOC pnnnnnnaaaaaaaarrrrr there somewhere ;)

Like err... Ooer missus....:)

Or even, Oohh, Matron....:D

Harry_Boy 12 November 2004 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Alan C
...Wheelchair Access, Disabled Toilet...

Al, are you hinting at my age again....??? :eek: :razz: :D

mick02wrx 12 November 2004 08:20 AM

Nice to see the WYIOC sense of humour alive and kicking in yet another crazy thread.

One thing though - Im really starting to get worried about all this talk of micks 'bend' and micks 'rim' along with trannies etc.

Backs to the wall at the next meet me thinks.

Mick

Ps don't feel too bad about the (er um) little bump know until i get home and see the car with one bright f**K*ng yellow space saver on it. Who ever invented these wants shooting, and why paint it shuch an awful colour, i mean who in thier right mind wants anything bright yellow on there car.?????

Ps 2 - Im tempeted to erect (do your best) a small comemrative sign near the corner "RIP OZ SUPERLEGGERA - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTON"

mick02wrx 12 November 2004 09:00 AM

Question for all those who know my car. Do you think 18" prodrive pff7's bright silver (same as steve chaps) or stick with the grey 18" Oz superleg's.

Reason i ask is im not too sure about the pff7's but ive found a brand new set with khumo tyres for £850 where as it will cost me £500-£600 to replace the two superleg's.

Ideas quick please as the wheels are on auction.

Mick

Harry_Boy 12 November 2004 09:19 AM

ALways been a sucker (surely no-one can make anything out of that...) for grey wheels, though I prefer the PFF7 style in any event.:)

Apple 12 November 2004 10:44 AM

/too obvious mode on/

Don't you mean "on" rather than "off"

/too obvious mode off/

plus,

BOLLIX :mad:, first night of the new venue and I'm at Bishopgarth for the last night of the course :( (Al know's what I'm on about)

will try to get across later as I doubt you'll be away by 10pm... ;) :D

save me a parking spot so I can squeeze it / a little one in :thumb:

Harry_Boy 12 November 2004 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Apple
save me a parking spot so I can squeeze it / a little one in :thumb:

Will do mate - loadsa room at the new gaff.....:D

PS. Plenty of cheap scran too. Will save you a Baked Spud! :D:D:D

corradoboy 12 November 2004 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by MadGrip
for those of us who havn't aclue where it is, is there a pre meeting point ??

Phil, if you like we could meet up on the edge of Morley. Either Brickworks for J27, or nearer you (Carcraft ??) for Chain Barr. If any of the others want to join us then we'll make it the Brickworks as quite a few already know that.

CB.

MadGrip 12 November 2004 02:57 PM

brickworks sounds good to me :)

Sticky Stuff 12 November 2004 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by mick02wrx
i mean who in thier right mind wants anything bright yellow on there car.?????

Fu

ck off

Sticky Stuff 12 November 2004 03:23 PM

Oh, go with the PFF's all day

mick02wrx 12 November 2004 03:26 PM

Sorry Andy couldn't resist after the lets put my wheel round my neck for a photo crack the other day.

Hope you've still got it so i can call in and have a look when i get the car back on the road. Might even take you up on the photo offer.

What do you (anyone) reckon to the choice of new wheels (pff7's), antgood for a bugeye?

Mick

mick02wrx 12 November 2004 03:27 PM

andy you must have phsycic abilities, you answered mty question before i even posted it. Very impressive.

Harry_Boy 12 November 2004 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by mick02wrx
andy you must have phsycic abilities, you answered mty question before i even posted it. Very impressive.

Mick - like the new signature thingy.....:D:D:D

PS. Photo opportunity is a great idea. Maybe sat on kerb with wheel around neck? :norty: