ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Dipol security lock (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/377985-dipol-security-lock.html)

Davey L 10 January 2012 10:34 AM

No idea, i looked for months and got the last one they had. PM B4D HK he found one in a few days or check out the DiPol site see if they do mail order...

http://www.dipol.pl/en/index.htm

chet123 10 January 2012 10:56 AM

Just spoke to Walldonway, they wont be getting them in at that price anymore (£113), so those lucky buggers to get one at the price are lucky. They wont be getting any in stock now but can get them from main dealers for £150 inc VAT. Happy hunting

chet123 10 January 2012 10:58 AM

H, Terry Tibbs Talk to me?

Davey L 10 January 2012 11:09 AM

Good luck with the main dealer route.... hopefully they're better than my local dealer. Said they'd never heard of it, Subaru UK (apparently) had never heard of it.... Strange for something thats in the Subaru Accessories catalogue (or was).

Allan 10 January 2012 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Davey L (Post 10422902)
Good luck with the main dealer route.... hopefully they're better than my local dealer. Said they'd never heard of it, Subaru UK (apparently) had never heard of it.... Strange for something thats in the Subaru Accessories catalogue (or was).

That's pretty much how it was in 2000. Can't help thinking how successful this product would have been with proper marketing, dealer support and insurance company approval.

Don't know if this has been posted before, but looks like the original Deadlock was Thatcham approved. Which is even more of a mystery why insurers wouldn't recognise it.

Davey L 10 January 2012 01:38 PM

Think it's like most things.... you pay them to test it and approve it. If you have lots of products it can get expensive and you have to keep paying to keep it registered.
Then there's no guarantee you'll make your money back or any profit. Would probably help if Subaru/IM had an idea what it was though. My local dealer said IM and the Parts centre had never heard of it....

B4D HK 10 January 2012 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by chet123 (Post 10422883)
H, Terry Tibbs Talk to me?

I paid top whack at the dealers, but hey I wanted one and everywhere else was out of stock.....

Boxer21 25 March 2012 10:43 PM

Hi all,

Two for sale on ebay now; one for 5-speed and one for 6-speed.

Tenby 27 March 2012 11:34 AM

what does the security key look like?

djg99 26 February 2013 07:38 PM

Ive only had the car a month and gone and lost the pin, any ideas where to get a replacement????

Allan 26 February 2013 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by djg99 (Post 11005896)
Ive only had the car a month and gone and lost the pin, any ideas where to get a replacement????

Is it for a Blue WRX PPP?

Infected by sti 26 February 2013 09:27 PM

How can you loose the pin :lol1: its not exactly small ;)

Try the dealership bud, I believe it would be a complete kit again tho, you should have a tag with a security number on it for reference, but it may be through diplock only if after a replacement pin, I stick mine in the centre console religiously when it comes out, I couldn't handle it rolling and banging about anywhere else.

djg99 27 February 2013 12:32 AM

Yes it is for a blue wrx t555, I normally put it in the centre console but my boy was moaning and In-between sorting him out and getting out the car I've lost it :-(

Allan 27 February 2013 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by djg99 (Post 11006317)
Yes it is for a blue wrx t555, I normally put it in the centre console but my boy was moaning and In-between sorting him out and getting out the car I've lost it :-(

Then that's my old car, could you take more care of it please :D

Did you get given the documentation pack ? I'm sure there was some information in there about the lock. I think you're going to be lucky to just find the pin for sale, I'd start with a main dealer, you never know they may have one lying about in a drawer somewhere.

You have checked that it just hasn't rolled under the seat?

djg99 27 February 2013 08:20 AM

Well the car is still very mint and in excellent condition :-) been on my hands and knees looking not in the car at all :-(
I've got the pack somewhere but in the middle of moving so Its in one of many boxes!!
Off to the main dealer I go!!!!!

B4D HK 28 February 2013 04:52 PM

it cant have gone far.........check the whole car, driveway and his or her toybox ;)
Kids are a nightmare lol
(could have been worse you could have lost the key with the lock in place !)

djg99 28 February 2013 05:36 PM

Got it was very lucky a neighbour found it in the road but forgot about it! Result :-)

RobsyUK 04 January 2014 11:42 AM

Could this be modified to work on another car?

Allan 09 January 2014 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 11312080)
Could this be modified to work on another car?

Possibly, it's only a bracket bolted onto the transmission tunnel, the pin then engages somehow with the linkage. On the earlier classic shape cars, it was called Barrier Deadlock and the bracket was welded on. One of the first ever devices to receive Thatcham approval.

I don't know why this never caught on, it really was a great piece of kit and one of the best mechanical ways of increasing security.