ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   evo 6 v my03 sti (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/376503-evo-6-v-my03-sti.html)

MIXER MAN 03 November 2004 11:50 PM

evo 6 v my03 sti

On the way to Premier rally Notts sunday pick a fight with evo 6 & won.Did this realy happen? or was i dreaming.Came up behind the evo on a twisty bit of road & decided to hang back.He was realy given it some, but I know the road so waited for the last bend before the road opened up onto a long straight,hit the loud pedal as he hit the brakes got the momentum just right and past him on the straight yeesssss.Had me work cut out to stay in front, think i upset him.

Geoffrey off of Rainbow 04 November 2004 12:06 AM

Did it make your knob grow big?

Brun 04 November 2004 12:08 AM

I could pass a Ferrari if he was on the brakes and i was on the loud peddle :p

MIXER MAN 04 November 2004 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Brun
I could pass a Ferrari if he was on the brakes and i was on the loud peddle :p

yes maybe, but it felt good at the time

Brun 04 November 2004 12:15 AM

:D

SCD Simon 04 November 2004 12:41 AM

He musn't be as good a driver as you are ;)

Adam M 04 November 2004 08:07 AM

yes but he will still have the satisfaction of having a beautiful and more capable car, whilst you drive away in your overweight and underpowered ugly mobile ;).

smiley is there cos I am not meaning to be nasty, but I do mean what I say about the difference between the cars.

have you tried test driving an evo?

MattW 04 November 2004 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Adam M
yes but he will still have the satisfaction of having a beautiful and more capable car, whilst you drive away in your overweight and underpowered ugly mobile ;).

smiley is there cos I am not meaning to be nasty, but I do mean what I say about the difference between the cars.

:D

Scooby-Doo 04 November 2004 09:28 AM

My dad is bigger than yours :)

Moray 04 November 2004 09:31 AM

Ghostrider 2

Check out Ghostrider 2 and last scene is subaru sti and evo. They are neck and neck through Stockholm streets, braking, bends etc, but come the motorway evo eats scooby for breakfast lunch and dinner!!!

Danny B 04 November 2004 10:10 AM

Don't dream, the Evo would p1ss all over you in standard form, if it was modded all you would see is his rear spoiler for a few seconds and then it would disappear.
Trust me.. these things are *quick*

New_scooby_04 04 November 2004 11:11 AM

Not this old chesnut again! :Whatever_ :)

Best.

crush her 04 November 2004 11:25 AM

EVO 6 beautiful? You have to be joking, it looks like the robot from the "Black hole"

davedipster 04 November 2004 11:48 AM

yes but 'MIXER MAN' will still have the satisfaction of having a beautiful and more capable car.

have you tried test driving a scoob ? :)

ha ha

MichaelH 04 November 2004 12:07 PM

I like scoobs and evo's. But personally prefer the looks of the scoob, so I bought one.

Each to their own! :)

Adam M 04 November 2004 03:19 PM

lol, don't get me wrong guys, I have an impreza, in fact am on my second after 5 years of ownership. And yes I have test driven an impreza, several in fact!

Perhaps beautiful was the wrong word, I meant more attractive in a purposeful and powerful way.

sKunk 04 November 2004 03:30 PM

The Evo 6 was the last good looking evo.

Adam M 04 November 2004 04:02 PM

Skunk, totally agree :)

Danny B 04 November 2004 04:12 PM

LOL, I don't think the transition from a Evo 6 to Evo 7 was quite as bad as when the Classic shape Impreza suddenly went to a bug eye :eek:

The Evo seven aint nothing on the bugeye !!

sKunk 04 November 2004 04:43 PM

Skunk, totally agree :)

Sweet :) I couldn't believe it when the evo went wishy-washy and the sti8 went hardcore (in my opinion). Talking about looks of course :)

MIXER MAN 04 November 2004 10:48 PM

Test drove evo 8 before i got sti, great car 2 drive but couldn't get my head those looks (evo 6 still the best looking)

misty 05 November 2004 04:44 PM

The Evo 6 was the last good looking evo.
That's as maybe!! but this was the first good looking EVO:D:D

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/0...rgen/mod_2.jpg
dave

S.B. 05 November 2004 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by misty

dave

Get them orange indicators and repeaters changed NOW! ;)

misty 05 November 2004 04:59 PM

Get them orange indicators and repeaters changed NOW!
There on order mate as we speak!!
dave:D

StickyMicky 05 November 2004 05:16 PM

they look like halfords specials IMO

Danny B 05 November 2004 07:23 PM

What do?

misty 05 November 2004 08:39 PM

yeh! what do?
dave

backdoors 06 November 2004 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Danny B
LOL, I don't think the transition from a Evo 6 to Evo 7 was quite as bad as when the Classic shape Impreza suddenly went to a bug eye :eek:

The Evo seven aint nothing on the bugeye !!

My dealer recently told me the Bug eye was an appreciating classic.........he was checked into the funny farm shortly afterwards

W9GTR 06 November 2004 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by misty

dave

My god you must be joking, it looks like it had an argument with a Halfords front window ;)
Not to mention the ..ahem "driving lamps"
Fugly mobile of the largest proportion........fecking quick tho :D

sKunk 06 November 2004 04:51 PM

I like rally cars

Early evo's look like rally cars

I like early evo's