ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   GOT PULLED today for..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/375870-got-pulled-today-for.html)

M444GY 01 November 2004 05:48 PM

GOT PULLED today for.....

HAVING MY NUMBERS AND LETTERS TO SMALL ON MY NUMBER PLATES
ive had no trouble round my area with the law . they see my car and the plates and just leave me alone(couldnt be bothered) if u know what i mean . they have been behind me even with my nur spec with no bung and havent done nothing.

untill today coming back from northampton on the m1 in the fast lane . an omega pulls me off onto the hard shoulder, lorries wizzig past only a meter from us. the cnut gets out to tell me my letters are to small, he even got a measuring tape from the car and measured them(DICK) anyways heres me in the cold on the hard shoulder a meter from sudden death gettin a fine for something so petty and stupid its unbelieveable . really pissed off !! f*ckin hitler coppers = wan*ers

im off to the pub.

ian_sadler 01 November 2004 05:50 PM

Soz mate but if your numbers were ileagle (sp? lol) then you'll get a tug at some stage.

paulwrxboro 01 November 2004 05:52 PM

Dont forget yer flame proof coat mate ;)

WH03JAM 01 November 2004 05:57 PM

I got pulled for having small letters on my plate.....but then it was a motorbike plate on my Scooby so it was a fair cop :Whatever_

Dracoro 01 November 2004 05:59 PM

*** Police enforce law shocker ***

Yeah a bit tight but you take the risk etc.

rfowler 01 November 2004 05:59 PM

how much did they fine you? you should of said mate if you cant read that get you self a pair of glasses from spec savers they are doing a deal buy one get one free, PRICKS

sparkykev 01 November 2004 06:00 PM

The law's the law, why should you get away with driving around with the digits too small on your plate, and perhaps getting away with the odd speeding ticket 'cos the camera couldn't make out your number?
You take your chances i'm afraid. No sympathy from here.

Bubba po 01 November 2004 06:08 PM

I'm so pleased. :)

Budgie 01 November 2004 06:11 PM

bad luck m8

S.B. 01 November 2004 06:15 PM

:)

bigman 01 November 2004 06:17 PM

I used to have a private number plate with the letters tightly spaced together. It was more trouble than it was worth.

Sorry to hear about it, to be honest the coppers around the Northampton area are an absolute pain in the arse. They are complete obsessed with stopping cars and getting people done for speeding all the time.

Even some of there so called 'Traffic Safety Vans!!!' are unmarked.

Bottomfeeder 01 November 2004 06:18 PM

**** happens dude :(

As well I know..........

Will however say that if all they have to do is stop peeps on motorway due to number plate lettering then I am moving there, crime rate must be so low. Where were you ?

DJ140 01 November 2004 06:20 PM

Did you know the plate was too small? If so why are you complaining about getting pulled?

Small plates look crap IMO, bought by chavs for their Nova's.

SiDHEaD 01 November 2004 06:30 PM

I dont think the big issue is so much the plate or its lettering, but more the fact it it was all done in those dangerous circumstances..

vulnax999 01 November 2004 06:38 PM

Isn't it the case it if it's a Jap import the plate can be smaller ( than UK regs ) , and often has a smaller fixing for it? Not sure about spacing though, the law tightened up a while back to stop people making names etc. out of the reg plate, or using italics etc. to make plate hard to see for the money sorry safety cameras.

S.B. 01 November 2004 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by vulnax999
Isn't it the case it if it's a Jap import the plate can be smaller ( than UK regs ) ,

Only if there isnt space to fit a standard uk size one :)

WRX STI Type RA. 01 November 2004 07:35 PM

There you are guys.......SIZE DOES MATTER...(Sorry)

Smiler 01 November 2004 07:53 PM

Stop whining!

The DVLA lay down rules regarding plates.

Simple really.

PS. I have an illegal plate as well, it's a risk, and I've been pulled the once as well.

johnfelstead 01 November 2004 08:12 PM

they enforce the law so that the automatic systems used for speeding/tax evasion can read your car identity, why should you not suffer like the rest of us?

You knew you were breaking the law, it's a bit unfair to slag the police off for inconveniencing you to enforce it. Those police oficers were risking their life to enforce your breaking of the law, but you dont see that, you are just concerned about your own safety, selfish attitude or what!

If you want to play the game, play the game, but dont whine about it afterwards, that what children do.

P.S thanks for the laugh. ;)

Bottomfeeder 01 November 2004 08:13 PM

Mixed message

Originally Posted by Smiler
Stop whining!

The DVLA lay down rules regarding plates.

Simple really.

PS. I have an illegal plate as well, it's a risk, and I've been pulled the once as well.

Dude,

I think MAGGS is more p1ssed at where he was 'acosted' as opposed to why.

S.B. 01 November 2004 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bottomfeeder
Dude,

Ah so they should have let him carry on and hope that he left the motorway while still on their patch. I understand now :)

johnfelstead 01 November 2004 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bottomfeeder
Dude,

are they suposed to follow him till he exits the motorway? or are motorways law free zones now?

johnfelstead 01 November 2004 08:16 PM

snap :lol:

Gary C 01 November 2004 08:18 PM

Well, what did you expect.

Petty maybe, but you knew it might happen, don't cry when it does.

Bottomfeeder 01 November 2004 08:24 PM

S.B, Mr Felstead, I guess I hit rock bottom and just kept on digging did'nt I.

Points taken.

Thanks

johnfelstead 01 November 2004 08:26 PM

admirable support to a non-case though. :D

Bottomfeeder 01 November 2004 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by johnfelstead
admirable support to a non-case though. :D

LOL :D
Eye Fank Ewe
LOL :D

MAGGS, gonna have to stand down as your defense council............I'm crap

Lum 01 November 2004 11:40 PM

Ahh, derbyshire constabulary. I made this* a few years back to celebrate my first ever run in with the law, courtesy of them.
Are they still putting video cameras into unmarked crappy R reg Vauxhalls then tailgating people?

* - warning contains a naughty word

nyscooby 02 November 2004 12:11 AM

The DVLA sent me docs from their Cardiff office regarding sizes etc, 2001 onwards and they are very fussy, before 2001 there is quite a bit of freedom.

I keep it in the car with other docs to avoid getting intoa slinging match with the local PD.

StickyMicky 02 November 2004 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by johnfelstead
they enforce the law so that the automatic systems used for speeding/tax evasion can read your car identity, why should you not suffer like the rest of us?

You knew you were breaking the law, it's a bit unfair to slag the police off for inconveniencing you to enforce it. Those police oficers were risking their life to enforce your breaking of the law, but you dont see that, you are just concerned about your own safety, selfish attitude or what!

If you want to play the game, play the game, but dont whine about it afterwards, that what children do.

P.S thanks for the laugh. ;)

well said......

send him to jail to get fiddled with, by the "bigger boys"