ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Wine Selection? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/375683-wine-selection.html)

Buzzer 31 October 2004 11:21 PM

Wine Selection?

Anyone got some good finds with wine.

Every so often we stumble across a bloody good wine at under £3.00 but people catch on really quick thus alerting the seller and then the price goes up :rolleyes:

Our last "find" was Banrock Station which we could get for £2.99 bottle. Tonight, Feckin £3.99 a bottle.

So has anyone got any good wines for us to try :idea:

There is a wine in Sainsburys (cant remember the name) :confused: which is £3.50 a bottle, its a Chardonnay, if i remember i'll post :rolleyes:

Turbohot 31 October 2004 11:23 PM

Try Old Git(red):D or Old Tart (white):D from Booze Buster place.Its not bad stuff!
3.99 a bottle......

*Sonic* 31 October 2004 11:45 PM

Old Git would be more suitable LOL

D.K.1 31 October 2004 11:47 PM

PMSL :D Pete's an old git :eek:

:lol:

D.K.1 01 November 2004 11:33 AM

I like wine, sweet and bubbly :p

ProperCharlie 01 November 2004 11:39 AM

sweet and bubbly?

sounds gross to me.

dry, bubbly and from a suitably fine vintage - that's ok.

:)

andrewdelvard 01 November 2004 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzer
Our last "find" was Banrock Station which we could get for £2.99 bottle. Tonight, Feckin £3.99 a bottle.

Is that the fizzy one?

cigarboy 01 November 2004 12:14 PM

Nice Latour 38 should do the trick :D

D.K.1 01 November 2004 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by ProperCharlie
sweet and bubbly?

sounds gross to me.

dry, bubbly and from a suitably fine vintage - that's ok.

:)

Nah, I only like sweet white wine :D

Buzzer 01 November 2004 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
Is that the fizzy one?

:eek: No way :eek:

The names Concorde and Lambrusco spring to mind.

Its an Australian medium Chardonnay and very nice for the price, well was nice for £2.99.

Frascatti is very nice from Asda........... I think thats only £3.50 (not to everyones taste but i like it)

Donna,

Remind me to pick up a nice strong 4% full bodied Lambrusco for you the next time you're up our way ;)

D.K.1 01 November 2004 01:12 PM

I *like* Lambrusco actually, the only wine I like, so :razz:

Nothing wrong with it, I don't like them dry wines that are so bitter, they make me look like I got a lemon in my mouth every time I have a sip :p

Buzzer 01 November 2004 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by D.K.1
I *like* Lambrusco actually, the only wine I like, so :razz:

Nothing wrong with it, I don't like them dry wines that are so bitter, they make me look like I got a lemon in my mouth every time I have a sip :p

The saying is "Like a bulldog licking the p1ss off a thistle"

minor_threat 01 November 2004 01:19 PM

How do they make dry wine? I hate dry wine, but how do they make liquid taste so bloody dry? If the intention is to make me so thirsty that I want to grab the bottle and start downing it by the litre then it works well.

Buzzer, the Telegraph (I think) are doing a special offer of 12 bottles of superb plonk for half price, £50 instead of £100+. If you want more details let me know, the email from them is somewhere in my spam box along with 100 offers of Italian Rolex watches and numerous "enlarge your Johnson" emails. :D

Buzzer 01 November 2004 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by minor_threat
How do they make dry wine? I hate dry wine, but how do they make liquid taste so bloody dry? If the intention is to make me so thirsty that I want to grab the bottle and start downing it by the litre then it works well.

Buzzer, the Telegraph (I think) are doing a special offer of 12 bottles of superb plonk for half price, £50 instead of £100+. If you want more details let me know, the email from them is somewhere in my spam box along with 100 offers of Italian Rolex watches and numerous "enlarge your Johnson" emails. :D

That sounds okay, just the job for Christmas ;)

Yep please try and find the e-mail and e-mail me as profile ;) but FFS dont send send me your doggin e-mails which will be sandwiched between "enlarging your hampton" and "spanish fly" *spam* ;) mails

:D

minor_threat 01 November 2004 01:36 PM

That sounds okay, just the job for Christmas ;)

Yep please try and find the e-mail and e-mail me as profile ;) but FFS dont send send me your doggin e-mails which will be sandwiched between "enlarging your hampton" and "spanish fly" *spam* ;) mails

:D

LOL! Just sent it to your hotmail address, as listed in your profile. Let me know if you don't get it.

Buzzer 01 November 2004 01:39 PM

I'll check tonight, cant access it from work :(

Cheers

D.K.1 01 November 2004 02:08 PM

The saying is "Like a bulldog licking the p1ss off a thistle"

PMSL :D