ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   93 WRX Top Speed (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/375627-93-wrx-top-speed.html)

Scooby_Sport 31 October 2004 07:56 PM

93 WRX Top Speed

Can anyone give me figures for the top speed on a 93 wrx?

It redlines at 7000rpm, I've taken it to about 5500rpm@approx 125mph and was still alot left in it. PS Could I expect to beat a newish m3 on straight line speed and pickup?? cos I got slanted by an m3 driver the other day who seemed to think it would crush me.

Brun 31 October 2004 08:01 PM

It would :)

Trumptton 31 October 2004 08:12 PM

The pistons will melt at that speed :eek:, an M3 is a really good piece of kit and should not be under estimated by no means, It will for sure chew you up and spit you out ;)

TonyBurns 31 October 2004 08:33 PM

An E36 evo would whoop an early WRX, an E46 would just disappear into the distance, now if you had a new lightweight JDM STi, you would outpace the above M3's :D
So the answer to your question is no, you wouldnt keep up with (or be in the same league as) an M3 (evo or E46).

Tony:D

Herb_93WRX 31 October 2004 09:00 PM

iv had 140 on the clock dont know how accurate that was,most o the time i dont care.

if ur happy with ur car as i am with mine thats all that matters
ur drivin a classic piece o kit enjoy it.

alanbell 31 October 2004 09:01 PM

Unless you do the mods Jonny Gavs done to his early WRX >> Then you would leave the early M3 ,

timmyajmy93wrx 01 November 2004 10:07 AM

Hi guys

Well i have a my93 wrx with a few mods.....
Z4 ecu, scooby chip, uprated f.pump, HKS induction, new c/packs, iridium plugs, power pulley's, full samco's, HKS de-cat d/pipe, scoobyworld centre and afterburner angled vortex b/box, jw's manual boost controller and HKS fuel cut defender.

Also have the safety mods i.e brakes, s/steel b.lines etc - knock link, afr, boost, oil pressure gauges etc, arb's & links, eibach's, anti-lift kit, and popped a nice set of 17"'s on!

Few other bits but there the main.

As for the car, not had it rolling roaded yet, but i tell you it drives, handles and pulls effin great! the engine feels more responsive and pulled to over 140 without a prob and still had go in her ( on a private road of course when being tested :norty: )

on a few nsl roads i have had crx's and mr2 turbo's trying it on, neither came close, not had a beemer M3 try it yet.

but as herb says, enjoy it, its a crackin motor!

harvey 01 November 2004 11:03 AM

137 mph on O/E gearbox, diffs, wheels and tyres at 7,000 rpm and the speedo round near 150mph.

Scooby_Sport 01 November 2004 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Trumptton
The pistons will melt at that speed :eek:, an M3 is a really good piece of kit and should not be under estimated by no means, It will for sure chew you up and spit you out ;)

Why would the pistons melt at 125mph??

St! 03 November 2004 03:13 AM

They Wouldn't, If they do then im in trouble, I must of melted mine 100 times.. :|