ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Lavenderhill Gagrage now open with Optimax (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/375443-lavenderhill-gagrage-now-open-with-optimax.html)

AllanB 30 October 2004 08:15 PM

Lavenderhill Gagrage now open with Optimax

Optimax has been a bit hard to get in N London but Lavenderhill Garage has had a refit with more pumps and all have Optimax now too.

Could be useful for you N London boys and girls.

AllanB

SC008Y_MAD 30 October 2004 08:20 PM

Is there still a Subaru garage there??

as 3-4 years ago there was?? just out of intrest wise

Chris L 30 October 2004 08:30 PM

It's a general garage now - not just Subaru - although a lot of the guys are obviously Subaru mechanics, so they know their stuff. The Shell petrol side of things is now a separate business. No doubt Shark will be along to comment on this thread soon!

AllanB 31 October 2004 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Chris L
It's a general garage now - not just Subaru - although a lot of the guys are obviously Subaru mechanics, so they know their stuff. The Shell petrol side of things is now a separate business. No doubt Shark will be along to comment on this thread soon!

The mechanical side of things now trades under Ridgeway Garages. I think they have lost some of the better staff and despite them being 500 yards away I'm loking at alternatives for services.

Petrol side is run by David Medcalf and is separate now.

AllanB

SC008Y_MAD 31 October 2004 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Chris L

Cheers for that.

5C008Y 31 October 2004 12:18 PM

AllanB, you live very close to me! I seen your scooby out and about a few times i think. I live about a mile away from that garage. I have recently been going to Hertford Road in Ponders End to get my Optimax.

AllanB 31 October 2004 03:39 PM

What have you got as I see plenty of Scoobs going along the Ridgeway

AllanB

chris singleton 31 October 2004 03:54 PM

I've driven past about 50 times hoping the refit would be finished so I could get some optimax, finally managed to fill up on Saturday :D

Keep an eye out for me also, Black MY01 WRX :)

Didn't realise there was a shell garage on the Hertford Road :rolleyes:

Chris

5C008Y 01 November 2004 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by AllanB
What have you got as I see plenty of Scoobs going along the Ridgeway

AllanB

I have a Silver Version 4 WRX STi Type-R. reg no. C4 WRX You'll hear it before u see it ;)

AllanB 03 November 2004 06:55 PM

Chris you weren't at B&Q over the weekend were you ?

I think I've seen the Silver STI too !

AllanB

Shark 03 November 2004 07:35 PM

Evening All ;) :D

It's good to be back up and running again. I don't have any official say in the Ridgeway Garages side but am willing to help if I can.

If your in for fuel during office hours don't hesitate to call in for a chat.

Cheers all

David

5C008Y 03 November 2004 11:49 PM

AllanB, i think i've seen you in the UGC car park on occaisionally.

I'm due for a fill up soon so might try out this new look Lavender Hill on Sunday :)

Adam M 04 November 2004 08:10 AM

I live in north london and can think of at least 3 shell garages within a 5 mile radius. :confused:

Jake 04 November 2004 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Adam M
I live in north london and can think of at least 3 shell garages within a 5 mile radius. :confused:

I'm in north london and have never a prob getting optimax.

Adam didnt realise you live in NLondon, so I may spot you in your super 22B sometime soon :)

chris singleton 04 November 2004 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by AllanB
Chris you weren't at B&Q over the weekend were you ?

I think I've seen the Silver STI too !

AllanB

Took a trip to sunny canvey island over the weekend so wasn't me :D

Should recognise it easily enough as I've got a S600BY* plate.

What do you drive?

Chris

Adam M 04 November 2004 03:21 PM

Jake,

nah, the car stays locked away and hidden from dodgy prying eyes.

On the off chance that she ever comes out from lock up, I leave london as soon as possible.

Jake 04 November 2004 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Adam M
Jake,

nah, the car stays locked away and hidden from dodgy prying eyes.

On the off chance that she ever comes out from lock up, I leave london as soon as possible.

Thats a shame :cry: but I know where your coming from scoobies and London dont mix to well :mad:

Adam M 04 November 2004 03:49 PM

Jake, feel free to pop over if you want to see her, am happy to go for a burn on purpose.

Or even a nice sunday drive.

You can also get to meet the likes of Nom, Tweenie Rob, Mark Aigin, Moray mackenzie, Patrick Herborn among others.

Can even ring up Blow Dog, if you fancy listening to a ferrari V12!