ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   video editing help (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/375312-video-editing-help.html)

scoobymy01 30 October 2004 09:29 AM

video editing help

Hi folks , i have just bought a Sony HandyCam TRV14E

Prob is i can get the video footage from the cam to the pc using the software supplied but cant get any sound ?? any idea ? anyone know any other software i could try thats idiot proof ?

Thanks

STi-Frenchie 30 October 2004 10:39 AM

Turn the speakers on :)

Seriously - I don't have a TRV14E but have a TRV33E...does the clip have sound when you play it back on the camcorder? Can you save it to the memory stick as an mpeg and then transfer it to the PC? That's what I do and haven't had a problem so far.

As for editing, Adobe Premiere Pro is the daddy I reckon but it's wildly expensive. I've heard good things about Virtual Dub which I think is free or shareware.

PG 30 October 2004 11:15 AM

I have a similar prob !

I lost all sound on my Studio 8 software. I think it disapeared after a windows update:rolleyes: cant be sure though.

STi-Frenchie 30 October 2004 11:24 AM

PG, was that the WinXP service pack update? If so, I had a similar experience when I did the upgrade - had to go and get updated sound drivers for my card and reinstall them. Worked fine afterwards.

PG 30 October 2004 01:04 PM

if I knew what to do there I'd be laughing

scoobymy01 30 October 2004 06:08 PM

thanks for the replys lads , its the cam without the mem stick :-(

I will get the software Adobe Premiere Pro tomorrow and give it a try

;-)

andypugh2000 30 October 2004 06:18 PM

This months pc advisor (or other pc mag) has a dvd free with 2 full programs of video editing software, hope this helps ;)

IanK Spec C 30 October 2004 06:39 PM

I think you'll find the Adobe Premier a little expensive and I've found it very hard to use. I'd suggest Sony Vegas Studio or Adobe Premier Elements. They are both easy to use and cheaper. Adobe Premier Elements is my prefered choice having tried over 7 different packages to find one that is reliable and easy to use with excelent results.

Regards,

Ian

chaos. 30 October 2004 06:42 PM

I use 'video edit magic', it's a freeware trial version (bout 8 meg) but with a search on google i was able to get the verification code and that takes the banner off the edited movie.

Easy to use as well.

ANNNND, I'd advise downloading 'bink and smacker', it's changes movie formats very easily.

Sticky Stuff 30 October 2004 07:01 PM

Try Pinnacle 9. I hated the earlier ones, as I found them a bit TOO simplistic, but the 'Music Video' bit of ( is spot on. Turn 10 minutes of footage into a 3 min music video with bells and whisltes in a couple of mouse clicks and about 2 minutes.

Premier Pro is WAY too deep!

Ubik 30 October 2004 07:34 PM

Is the sound missing when you import the footage or when you play it back?

My mate has a sony camera, when he imports the footage into premier he has told me there is no sound. But when he plays it all back on his PC everything is fine.