ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tattoo Design (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/375006-tattoo-design.html)

G-STAR 29 October 2004 03:02 AM

Tattoo Design

I know that it's simple enough to walk into a tattoo studio and browse their designs, but are there any websites that display a wide range of them?

I'm thinking about getting my first in December, which should give me more than enough time to find a design to suit my needs.

r32 29 October 2004 07:16 AM

Have a look over David Beckam, must be something there that could suit ...........

G-STAR 29 October 2004 12:19 PM

Cheers. I do like Beckham's angel on his back, along with the cross on his neck, but don't think I'd consider getting anything too similar.

Anyone else?

yoza 29 October 2004 12:29 PM

Design your own.

I have two identical ones, one on each shoulder they are Celtic shields and they signify " Forever Protected ", they have worked up to now.
I choose them from a none Tattoo web site, then printed them off, and gave them to my Tattoo artist.

One off....:)

There was a thread not so long back with photos of users Tattoos, cant remember what it was called though. :rolleyes:

Harry_Boy 29 October 2004 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by yoza
Design your own.

I have two identical ones, one on each shoulder they are Celtic shields and they signify " Forever Protected ", they have worked up to now.
I choose them from a none Tattoo web site, then printed them off, and gave them to my Tattoo artist.

There was a thread not so long back with photos of users Tattoos, cant remember what it was called though. :rolleyes:

Thought you'd have one of a Poljot, Yoza...:D:D:D

yoza 29 October 2004 12:54 PM

I have thought of a Brietling wings logo, but then I sobbered up..

Harry_Boy 29 October 2004 12:56 PM

I have thought of a Brietling wings logo, but then I sobbered up..

Not a Tag then? Could've had an imitation transfer-style tattoo for half the price....;)

minor_threat 29 October 2004 01:11 PM

Design your own.

Agree with Yoza - don't pick anything off the wall or out of a book in the studio but do use them for ideas. A good tattoo artist will usually take a stock design and subtly alter it or vary the shading to make it unique. Taschen publish a big book called 1000 tattoos - brilliant for ideas, and magazines like Skin Deep et. al list studios, you can pick up their websites from the adverts. Do think hard about it, even if it takes months to decide on a design.

G-STAR 29 October 2004 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by minor_threat
Agree with Yoza - don't pick anything off the wall or out of a book in the studio but do use them for ideas. A good tattoo artist will usually take a stock design and subtly alter it or vary the shading to make it unique. Taschen publish a big book called 1000 tattoos - brilliant for ideas, and magazines like Skin Deep et. al list studios, you can pick up their websites from the adverts. Do think hard about it, even if it takes months to decide on a design.

Thank you both for the advice, it's appreciated.

If I'm not 100% happy with the design of the tattoo, then there's no way that I'll end up getting it done, it would be stupid to do so.

Spoon 29 October 2004 01:19 PM

You could always replace the gun for a peeshooter to make it original. :rolleyes:

http://www.zhippo.com/badtattoosHOST...ry/ACF9ED2.jpg

PoRk ChOp 29 October 2004 01:23 PM

Man that guy needs to wipe the crack of his arse

Patt@firstime 29 October 2004 01:35 PM

I thought about mine for about a year :eek: before I had it done!! It starts at very base of my back and is about 9 inch tall by about 5 wide.

Think plenty before you do anything

P.S Mine is a one off aswell :)

G-STAR 29 October 2004 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Patt@firstime
I thought about mine for about a year :eek: before I had it done!! It starts at very base of my back and is about 9 inch tall by about 5 wide.

Think plenty before you do anything

P.S Mine is a one off aswell :)

May I ask what it is?