ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   where are the 'Old Skool' SN member?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/373178-where-are-the-old-skool-sn-member.html)

salsa-king 22 October 2004 06:33 PM

where are the 'Old Skool' SN member??

Look back to hw long i've been on here.. i've seen SN usernames come and go.

so where are the Old Skool of yesteryear.... are they still about or where are they now?

I'll start with a few i can remember.......

Harj
Stef
Mo (Zac)
MDB (Martin)
MTR (Martin)
Chuckster

Puff The Magic Wagon! 22 October 2004 06:35 PM

Chuckster is now Old Fart in recognition of the fact that he's been around for ages ;)

salsa-king 22 October 2004 06:41 PM

and wheres JamesH gone? lol

Pavlo 22 October 2004 06:53 PM

Mo (zak r) is still about, sometimes on 22b, has been working too hard by all accounts

salsa-king 22 October 2004 09:45 PM

:)

MTR 22 October 2004 09:45 PM

Phil,
I am still knocking about, but the company have blocked access to this site at work, so my lunchtime browsing has ceased. I browse occasionally at night t home, but then it costs me.

I have still got my STi 02 type UK, and enjoy driving it. But don't bother with the 'meets' any more.

I trust all is well with you.

Cheers
MTR

salsa-king 22 October 2004 09:54 PM

Martin.... is knocking about the word you want to really use?? lol
glad your still here.. we go a long way back don't we!!! ;)

All is well with me.. new car.. new girl and still at home at 30 :D (will be moving out with Jo next year) ;)

MTR 22 October 2004 10:00 PM

Phil,
I hadn't realised quite what I had written. Perhaps not the most appropriate wording. Ha ha.

Cheers
MTR

STEVECHAPS 22 October 2004 10:02 PM

& where's Banshi?
Remember the serious Cossie baiting days of 1999/2000 fondly & I had a Saph 4x4 back then!
1st ever scoobynet related track day attended was the children in need Donno day which was ace with pax rides with John Felsead (Westie), Harj (22b), Stef (That "Standardish" green rocket) etc etc. :D
Sadly, people move on I guess.

salsa-king 22 October 2004 10:08 PM

that was a good day i remember it well.. it also had Mike from ScoobyMania spending a shed load of dosh keeping his car out all day doing track trips.

Jolly Green Monster 22 October 2004 11:21 PM

some of them must have grown up I suppose! ;)

growing up is for wimps..

DevilHimSelf 22 October 2004 11:23 PM

Wimp and proud!!

Nevetas 22 October 2004 11:44 PM

I'm the youngest old Skool member ;)

lordlucan 22 October 2004 11:55 PM

Most are still here....

Just lurking.

SiDHEaD 23 October 2004 12:15 AM

What happened to Bug Eyed Wonder and Crush (Crushinator)??

Floyd 23 October 2004 01:31 AM

Mo is about still.

I'd like Evilbevel back :(

F

fast bloke 23 October 2004 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD

BEW still pops his head up occasionally - no idea what the fook happened to fookin croosh

bring back JasonM and Pw1R.... just for the craic :D

johnfelstead 23 October 2004 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by STEVECHAPS
& where's Banshi?
Remember the serious Cossie baiting days of 1999/2000 fondly & I had a Saph 4x4 back then!
1st ever scoobynet related track day attended was the children in need Donno day which was ace with pax rides with John Felsead (Westie), Harj (22b), Stef (That "Standardish" green rocket) etc etc. :D
Sadly, people move on I guess.

Hello Steve, one of the best things i did via scoobynet was organise that children in need day, we raised £1000 that was sent to the charity. All the drivers paid their own expenses, it must have cost each of us at least £400 to give people a go and raise some money for charity (would have raised more if we stayed at home and just sent some cheques off :D LOL But thats no fun, cost me a fortune actually as i blew my turbo. :o ) Donington were brilliant as they collected the money for us and waived their fee for signing on passengers, so they lost money on the day, that was a great gesture.

Drivers on the day were myself (Westie and 22B), Harj (Richard Squires 22B, thanks Rich!), Mike Tuckwood (STi5 TypeR), Simon De Banke (Mike's TypeR) Stef Reader (UK Turbo) and Pete Croney (Scoobysport RA).

After the day we went to the pub and i counted the money, we were short of the £1000 by £100 or so, so all the drivers put some extra money in to get to the £1000. It was a great spirit going on back then. :)

The good ole days when everyone knew everyone, the grass was greener and the air was cleaner blah blah. :D

Hi Phil, got a new lady in your life? Good to see the old codgers like MTR still around too. ;) I havnt seen Banshi since Catalunya last year.

logiclee 23 October 2004 07:35 AM

The children in need trackday was also the first I went too. I spent rather more than I intended but it was a great day out.

Phil,
I'll drop you an e-mail tonight.

Cheers
Lee

mattstant 23 October 2004 08:19 AM

I think i joined aroud 2000 still posting but marriage and two kids has kind of put paid to attending meets.

By the way dont go by date shown on this post (or post count) hasnt been right since software change over

Patt@firstime 23 October 2004 09:10 AM

TeenMachine - anyone seen her around?

SiDHEaD 23 October 2004 12:52 PM

I thought i found Crush on another forum, but it was apparently another Crush called Pete and living in Scotland... doh

neil@wrx 23 October 2004 01:22 PM

Teenmachine is stevef (just had his P1 nicked) daughter i think she went off to collage

Richard Askew 23 October 2004 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Floyd
Mo is about still.

I'd like Evilbevel back :(

F

x10 :(

ARRON BIRD 23 October 2004 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by salsa-king
Look back to hw long i've been on here.. i've seen SN usernames come and go.

so where are the Old Skool of yesteryear.... are they still about or where are they now?

I'll start with a few i can remember.......

Harj
Stef
Mo (Zac)
MDB (Martin)
MTR (Martin)
Chuckster

Well I`m October 2000

millband 23 October 2004 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by ARRON BIRD
Well I`m October 2000

I'm 2000 too (actually started lurking in 1999 before buying my first scooby), but I don't talk to anyone ;)

Steve

IanW 23 October 2004 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD

As i said on another thread, Crush has actually gone over to New Zeland for a while traveling. He has very limited internet access at the moment.

Josh L 23 October 2004 09:26 PM

I'm about the oldest old skool member here now :(

Puff The Magic Wagon! 23 October 2004 09:33 PM

Evil Bevel is still around, just in another guise.

Josh - you said it :D :p ;)

JamesH 23 October 2004 09:34 PM

Phil

I'm still around too ;)