ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Driving to Hammersmith - Questions (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/372070-driving-to-hammersmith-questions.html)

minor_threat 19 October 2004 09:34 AM

Driving to Hammersmith - Questions

I have to drive to the Hammersmith Odeon (I think it's there!) on Friday to see Billy Connolly but could anybody tell me whether it's a) in the congestion charge zone, and b) easy to get to from outside London?

I've never driven into London before so any help is much appreciated. :D

Cupramax 19 October 2004 09:44 AM

No its outside the congestion charge area, never driven into London before??? :D you'll love it ;) If your coming from the south west best is the A316 then onto the A4. Takes you straight there.

Oops just noticed your north west, not come in from that direction.. sorry

minor_threat 19 October 2004 10:44 AM

Cheers Cupramax!

Scoobychick 19 October 2004 11:02 AM

We went to see Billy on Sunday but drove from North Yorkshire to my parents in Hertfordshire, stayed overnight then took the train and tube in. We also managed to fit a whistlestop tour of London and a trip on the Eye in beforehand.

The gig finished at about 10.30pm and it took about 15 minutes to get out of the theatre (btw it's now called the Apollo not the Odeon) then was a quick walk to the tube, a short ride back to Kings Cross and a half hour train ride to Stevenage where we'd parked. Are you staying overnight in london or driving straight back? If not then I can totally recommend driving to an out of town station and getting the train in. I used to live in London and drove about all the time but for anyone who hasn't done it before it can be a real nightmare :eek:

I believe there is an NCP car park near the Apollo that charges a fiver flat rate for anyone using the theatre but I can't remember where I got this info from and I think it needs to be booked in advance. :rolleyes: I'll try and remember. Pm me if you want any more info :)

Sal

Kyl3cook 19 October 2004 11:07 AM

don't bother with getting a train in. There's a car park underneath the flyover right next to the apollo...it is free in the evening, and is really easy to get to. When you're driving around the big 'circuit' in hammersmith, you pass the apollo, and just after the little fat bollards end you can go left....turn there, and then immediately right...you'll see the carpark (under the bridge)

Scoobychick 19 October 2004 11:27 AM

I've found the car park info, the Broadway Shopping Centre is a fiver flat rate for Apollo customers, there is also the old NCP car park which can be entered up until 8pm and is open to collect 24 hrs, see here :)

minor_threat 19 October 2004 11:34 AM

Brilliant info, thanks very much. :D :D