ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Fuel prices to rise sharply?.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/371455-fuel-prices-to-rise-sharply.html)

Petem95 17 October 2004 12:09 PM

Fuel prices to rise sharply?....

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackage...2&section=news

Apparently the amount we pay for fuel at the pumps is pretty much what it was in 2000 (fuel protest year), yet crude oil prices are almost 50% HIGHER!

Factors such as weak dollar and lower profit margins for sellers has meant we havent see much of a rise (unlike US where fuel has risen almost 40% at pump).

So thats great news, sounds like we can look forward to 1 pound per litre for optimax soon then!

misty 17 October 2004 12:13 PM

Still cheaper than.....Beer! Wine! spirits!:D
dave

Tony MY03WRX 17 October 2004 12:39 PM

It doesn't matter to me as i only put £20 in every week. :D

Tony

scooby-tc 17 October 2004 12:45 PM

I only use about £40 a month :D :D

ahh the joys of a second car

Petem95 17 October 2004 12:49 PM

Still cheaper than.....Beer! Wine! spirits!
Yeah for now!!... Wonder what the octane rating of Tesco Vodka is?... :D

pslewis 17 October 2004 01:09 PM

Nah, doesn't bother me either as I'm LOADED!!

And have a more economical 2nd and 3rd car!

Bring it on ......... make the roads quieter, price the poor off them! :D

Pete

unclebuck 17 October 2004 01:31 PM

Remember what happened to the luxury car market after the first oil crisis? There are going to be a *lot* of cheap secondhand BMW X5s and lardy ass Mercs on the market soon.

UB:)

AndyC_772 17 October 2004 01:32 PM

Petem95: The factor that means we've not seen much of a rise, is that 80% of the cost of fuel in the UK is tax anyway - it's nothing to do with a weak dollar or profit margins. The US has seen a much higher rise for the simple reason that the oil price is a much greater proportion of the pump price to begin with.

milo 17 October 2004 01:34 PM

yes thats horrendous. the govt should understand that we're all forced at gunpoint to use our cars and as a result should subsidize us all *******izing the environment.

;)

milo 17 October 2004 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis

i thought i read in one of your other posts that u made 85k/year. i dont know how u can barely survive on that let alone have 3 cars and call yourself loaded...

is there a big promotion u havent told us about, or have the subsidy rates for your heating gone up considerably? ;) do tell :)

Loost 17 October 2004 01:42 PM

dont boover me either ..:razz:..........nto driving for a while ....:o

pslewis 17 October 2004 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by milo
i thought i read in one of your other posts that u made 85k/year. i dont know how u can barely survive on that let alone have 3 cars and call yourself loaded...

do tell :)

£85k a year?? Good grief thats an old post :eek: You may be getting confused because what you may have misunderstood is that its about £85 an hour?

Also, I don't think I'm loaded - others do!

Most people on here earn more than the National Average Wage of £35k, or they couldn't run an Impreza properly .....

Pete :D

ALi-B 17 October 2004 01:57 PM

National Average Wage of £35k
:eek:

I wish....I must be a pauper :cry:

Or is the £35K the average for benefit payouts per Chav ;)

Lagamorph 17 October 2004 02:03 PM

:lol: :lol: lol he must be working in iraq :lol: :lol:

Petem95 17 October 2004 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by AndyC
Petem95: The factor that means we've not seen much of a rise, is that 80% of the cost of fuel in the UK is tax anyway - it's nothing to do with a weak dollar or profit margins. The US has seen a much higher rise for the simple reason that the oil price is a much greater proportion of the pump price to begin with.

I know its mainly tax here, unlike the US where the pump price is 'only' 25% tax, however the article still forcasts 7p a litre on UK pump prices....

And have a more economical 2nd and 3rd car!

Bring it on ......... make the roads quieter, price the poor off them!

Oh no, not an estate agent on the forum?....

You're paying for the poor to stay off the roads with your huge tax bill though! You drive round in your Subaru getting speeding fines, they sit on their arses and watch you on police camera action!

milo 17 October 2004 02:06 PM

£85k a year?? Good grief thats an old post :eek:

yes - im still young enough to have a reasonable memory ;)

Also, I don't think I'm loaded - others do!
if it makes you feel any better, i dont think you're loaded either :D

Most people on here earn more than the National Average Wage of £35k, or they couldn't run an Impreza properly .....
too true! :D

Simon C 17 October 2004 04:31 PM

Pete :D

I'm on less than 1/2 that. I have a sport. Owning and running it ain't a problem, until parts need replacing.

Simon

DEEDEE 17 October 2004 05:09 PM

I do not speak to many people who earn a N.A.W. of £35k, must be that I live in a deprived area, or even mix with the wrong people, mind you of what I see on the TV may be they are the kind I should befriend.

Iwan 17 October 2004 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by scooby-tc
ahh the joys of a second car

Ahh the joys of walking to work and saving the P1 for special occasions. :)

_Meridian_ 17 October 2004 07:33 PM

Most people on here earn more than the National Average Wage of £35k

IIRC the current figure is £23000 or so.

M

pslewis 17 October 2004 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
IIRC the current figure is £23000 or so.

Oh, yeah, right!! ............. who in their right mind would get out of bed for that?! :eek:

Pete

Lagamorph 17 October 2004 08:01 PM

Oh, yeah, right!! ............. who in their right mind would get out of bed for that?! :eek:

Pete

you wind people up so well have you nothing better to do

pslewis 17 October 2004 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lagamorph

You seem to be doing the same as I am ..... expressing an opinion on a BBS - have you nothing better to do?

At 76 I have had my life, you - on the other hand are not - so? should you really be sat in front of a BBS getting wound up at your age?

Or have you no mates?

Pete

mad_dr 17 October 2004 08:29 PM

Pete

So when you getting your 1DsMkII then mate? ;)

<flame suit on>

pslewis 17 October 2004 08:32 PM

I spend what I need to on what I want to and not a penny more!!

Thats why I will always remain a notch above the 'Also Rans' :D

Pete

Lagamorph 17 October 2004 08:40 PM

You seem to be doing the same as I am ..... expressing an opinion on a BBS - have you nothing better to do?

At 76 I have had my life, you - on the other hand are not - so? should you really be sat in front of a BBS getting wound up at your age?

Or have you no mates?

Pete

1. you mis understand I am not getting wound up i am just making an observation.
2. if i want to sit infront of a bbs i will its sunday not much else to do other than recover from friday and saturday (to much beer) is that not why sunday exists????
3. sold all my mates to get the scoob lol

retire, sell your computer and move to spain!

Andy Pandy - earns enough to drive a scoob and has more life left than pete ;) that makes Andy Pandy very happy.

hugo 17 October 2004 08:43 PM

Or have you no mates?

Pete

PMSL!!!

pslewis 17 October 2004 08:46 PM

1. you mis understand I am not getting wound up i am just making an observation.
2. if i want to sit infront of a bbs i will its sunday not much else to do other than recover from friday and saturday (to much beer) is that not why sunday exists????
3. sold all my mates to get the scoob lol

1. Oh, REALLY? :rolleyes:

2. Yeah, whatever - :rolleyes:

3. You can't sell what you ain't got :rolleyes:

You seem to be a classic case of a saddo sat at home (its your Mummies home, right?) in his bedroom dreaming of one day owning an Impreza :rolleyes:

VERY close aren't I?? :D

Pete

Lagamorph 17 October 2004 08:53 PM

:lol: thanks for proving my point i could have got annoyed at the last comment :lol:

come to a worcs meet (see my scoob), a night out with me and my mates oh sorry your to old no stamina give me chance to get a house im only 22 (23 in november nudge nudge wink wink - lol)

at 76 have you not worked out how to treat people and give them respect or are you going to die a lonley old man!

you are so funny!

Andy

pslewis 17 October 2004 08:59 PM

come to a worcs meet (see my scoob),
a night out with me and my mates oh sorry your to old no stamina
give me chance to get a house im only 22
Andy

You got a Sport then with stick-on scoop??

Me and me mates, at 22????? Ha Ha Ha - you ain't got a clue how to live it up ..... come back when you start shaving! :rolleyes:

So? You ARE sat at home with Mummy!! I just bet you are twiddling with her apron strings right now as the big, old, nasty man on the PC takes the pi55?? :D

And, yes, I am funny!! :D

Pete