ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Subaru Assist twice in two days! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/370604-subaru-assist-twice-in-two-days.html)

JackClark 14 October 2004 11:36 AM

Subaru Assist twice in two days!

MY01 parked near'ish to two seperate Firestations. Car won't lock, unlock or start. Has anyone had there alarm replaced on warranty?

JackClark 14 October 2004 11:39 AM

Update: Adams have ordered an updated ECU and will repair under extended warranty. Good result :)

sKunk 14 October 2004 11:50 AM

Its interference from the radio towers. Replacing he units won't help much as I heard they all suffer from it.

Move the car away from the radio mast and it will work OK.

MartinM 14 October 2004 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark
Has anyone had there alarm replaced on warranty?

Yep. Well known problem. No trouble afterwards

SC008Y_MAD 14 October 2004 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark
Update: Adams have ordered an updated ECU and will repair under extended warranty. Good result :)

is that Adams in Aylesbury ?

JackClark 14 October 2004 12:10 PM

Yes.

chris's scooby 14 October 2004 12:17 PM

I test drove an Evo there last year. Seems like a good garage.

Wilster 14 October 2004 12:29 PM

So does the replacement part fix the interference problem then?

I can never lock my car by remote at a certain business park in Brum - the only way to lock is to use the key without arming the alarm :eek: then use the keypad to lock/unlock and disarm the immobiliser allowing me to start the car on my return.

Wilster.

JackClark 14 October 2004 12:56 PM

Apparently so. Will let you know next week.

brybusa 14 October 2004 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD
is that Adams in Aylesbury ?

Which I believe is also tied in with Deer Leap garage in Fenny Stratford...

My experience with them wasnt the best...

I bought my car from there, asked it it had had any damage history, said No..anyway , turned out that it had a front end accident in the past

They got out of this by stating that they had answered my question by saying"Not to our knowledge it hasnt"...The car was HPI clear though..P'haps I was unlucky...

I also had a 46K(I think) service done, all the belts etc, a week after said service I changed the air filter for a K+N, the old one was minging,hadnt been touched, they also hadnt changed the plugs..

chrome 14 October 2004 06:06 PM

happens near most mobile 'towers' I beleive- its not just the OE alram either.. :(

Haxzer 14 October 2004 06:31 PM

got Subaru to fit a "Shielded ECU", never a prob afterwards, all doen under warrent.

Haxzer

Mog 14 October 2004 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by chris's scooby
I test drove an Evo there last year. Seems like a good garage.

Each to his own opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harry_p1 14 October 2004 08:03 PM

I had the alarm ecu replaced under ex-warrenty on my P1 never had a problem there after and this also give you a new glovebox keypad code(pin) so only you the owner (you) knows it rather than the previous 'x' amount of owners on some of the scoobys out there, well worth doing :)

SC008Y_MAD 16 October 2004 11:48 AM

Don't worry, my dad got his scooby from QUENBYS in Baldock and also gets it serviced there too.