ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Morphy Richards – A tale of good customer service (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/370565-morphy-richards-a-tale-of-good-customer-service.html)

The Zohan 14 October 2004 10:05 AM

Morphy Richards – A tale of good customer service

Bought a MR kettle and after 11 months it just went bang, could not find the receipt so called MR and they sent a replacement out within days.

Replacement kettle packed up. After 10 months or so. Called MR and they are sending out a replacement, not the same model a better, more expensive one.

Whilst the product may have been faulty I cannot fault their customer service. They where polite, quick and easy to deal with, no if’s or but’s just sorted.

Leslie 14 October 2004 10:11 AM

Good to hear, just like it should be.

Les :)

Buzzer 14 October 2004 10:17 AM

Yep, we've had the same thing with an Iron we bought (well i bought it the missus for her birthday ;) )

I dont think we've paid for an Iron in 4 years. We just keep sendin them back and they just keep on givin us new ones :D

Thing is, the Irons pretty good (so she tells me) its just they keep going "pop" at around 11 months old ;)

corradoboy 14 October 2004 10:33 AM

We had the same with an MR kettle. 18 months in and it stopped. Quick call to CS dept, and new kettle supplied even without proof of purchase or packaging. If they hadn't, I'd have bought a new one, and used the receipt and packaging from that to claim for a spare ;)

fast bloke 14 October 2004 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzer
Yep, we've had the same thing with an Iron we bought (well i bought it the missus for her birthday ;) )

I dont think we've paid for an Iron in 4 years. We just keep sendin them back and they just keep on givin us new ones :D

Thing is, the Irons pretty good (so she tells me) its just they keep going "pop" at around 11 months old ;)

you bought the missus an iron for her birthday :eek:

(same thing with 'our' iron - we are now on the 4th one in 6 years - you would think they would just sort them out so they work longer )

Buzzer 14 October 2004 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by fast bloke
you bought the missus an iron for her birthday :eek:

(same thing with 'our' iron - we are now on the 4th one in 6 years - you would think they would just sort them out so they work longer )

If she's good i might buy her an Ironing Board for Christmas ;)

ScoobyJawa 14 October 2004 10:51 AM

Their stuff lasts well then!! :rolleyes:

OllyK 14 October 2004 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy
We had the same with an MR kettle. 18 months in and it stopped. Quick call to CS dept, and new kettle supplied even without proof of purchase or packaging. If they hadn't, I'd have bought a new one, and used the receipt and packaging from that to claim for a spare ;)

I'd complain to the water board as well that a 2 week old iron has managed to acquire that much lime scale. But I wouldn't be too surprised if you got done for faud either :D