ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Extended test drives ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/370441-extended-test-drives.html)

Lucky Man 13 October 2004 08:40 PM

Extended test drives ?

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon6.gif Extended test drives ?
A new heading has just appeared today on "Subaru.co.uk "

It reads "Extended Test Drives and Rental" although there is no infromation available if you click on the link.

Hands up everyone who fancies an extended test drive !

Apologies for the fact that I have no idea how to do those link things, I guess I was off that day

Lucky Man

P.S> Just to show you how good I am with these things I posted this in Members Gallery by mistake. I knew it was a mistake doing Technical Drawing instead of ICT at school

chris's scooby 13 October 2004 08:47 PM

LOL.

From what i remember about the subaru website it was a rental some dealers were doing on some but not all cars. If you then bought that model they'd discount the rental cost from the purchase price!

Lucky Man 13 October 2004 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by chris's scooby
LOL.

From what i remember about the subaru website it was a rental some dealers were doing on some but not all cars. If you then bought that model they'd discount the rental cost from the purchase price!

BU*GER !

chris's scooby 13 October 2004 08:49 PM

Yup, no WRx's or Sti's.

p1doc 13 October 2004 09:12 PM

i had a whoe day test drive of a 03sti from fiskens in forfar,popped in and they handed the keys to me and told me to come back when i had finished,spot on as ever
martin

flat-spot 13 October 2004 10:20 PM

I got an overnight test drive from Quemby's in Baldock - just had to insure it and top it up with fuel.

TDT 14 October 2004 09:18 AM

Had a couple of days in an STi off Showells in Stourbridge. Even put a full tank of go go juice in it for me.

Top service! :D

SirFozzalot 14 October 2004 09:32 AM

Had a couple of days in an STi

I got an overnight test drive

i had a whole day test drive of a 03sti
Blimey! :eek: My local dealer wouldn't let me even take the car out on my own for an hour...let alone a whole of day! Still bought one though...although not from his dealership! :p How could I when another dealer offered £1600 more off the price! :D

jasonius 14 October 2004 09:55 AM

I brought a car home, tried it in the garage, went to Sainsburys and picked the kids up from school. Just had to be back before they closed! No problem, I was amazed, but that's how it should be. You need to see how the car performs in it's everyday role not just how it drives for 10 mins!!!

That's why I then bought a Vectra! (no only kidding! Bought a Scoob a week later)

Pittsey 14 October 2004 10:15 AM

I bought mine after an hours test, supervised, but I wouldn't buy another car unless I get at least a days rental of them.

SirFozzalot 14 October 2004 12:38 PM

When I tested a Lexus they had no problem with letting me have it all day! It was worth more than the scoob too! :rolleyes:

Scooby555 2 29 October 2004 09:47 PM

Is quite a bit more info on there now chaps ;)
There is even an artcle about it in my local rag (Bucks Advertiser) today

Have rung Adams and put my name on the list
Just wanted a little spin in an STi as i have now left the fold :(
Will probably sh!t meself as i only have an almera now :eek:

Harry_Boy 30 October 2004 12:08 AM

My dealer (Sheffield-based) just hands the keys over, after you've signed the insurance docs, and asks if an hour will be enough. Unaccompanied of course...:) Great stuff!:D

Definitely helps to sell cars, unlike the local Merc dealer, who wouldn't even book me a test drive in a E 270 CDi without going through a contract hire quote hoop.... :Whatever_

LoneGranger 31 October 2004 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by TDT
Had a couple of days in an STi off Showells in Stourbridge. Even put a full tank of go go juice in it for me.

Top service! :D

Streuth - just bought mine after 20 min drive thru Derby! - Leap of faith!

R1916v 31 October 2004 11:51 AM

Dealer has given us the keys to a bug eye wrx (when they were new) and a blob eye wrx and just said come back whenever you want lol :)

Fun day blatting over the moors, didn't even have to insure it ourselves or top up the petrol :)

Even better was that the dealer (an official subaru one as well) is also a shell garage so had a full tank of optimax :)

Scaffolder 31 October 2004 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky Man
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon6.gif Extended test drives ?
A new heading has just appeared today on "Subaru.co.uk "

It reads "Extended Test Drives and Rental" although there is no infromation available if you click on the link.

Hands up everyone who fancies an extended test drive !

Me! It seems to be a new promotion by Subaru - 24 or 48 hour test drives. Submitted my details via their website last night, they phoned back this morning - so now I will have a WRX demonstrator to play with all day Wednesday!

T5NYW 31 October 2004 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Scaffolder
Me! It seems to be a new promotion by Subaru - 24 or 48 hour test drives. Submitted my details via their website last night, they phoned back this morning - so now I will have a WRX demonstrator to play with all day Wednesday!

A very good service really :cool: but due to the power and possible abuse of the car by Test Pilots with no intent in buying, they must Vet the candidates ;) IMHO

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
Blimey! :eek: My local dealer wouldn't let me even take the car out on my own for an hour

Supervised :rolleyes: I was running out of Salesmen at my dealership :( for some reason they didn't want to go out with me for a second time :Suspiciou

Tony

Scaffolder 31 October 2004 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by T5NYW
A very good service really :cool: but due to the power and possible abuse of the car by Test Pilots with no intent in buying, they must Vet the candidates ;) IMHO

Lots of get outs in the terms and conditions - must be over 30 for WRX or STI, dealer may refuse test at their discretion for licence endorsements, accidents / claims history, etc. Also dealer may refuse test without explanation, so if they suspect you're not genuine, no drive.

Think I'm genuine enough tho', and with a remarkably clean licence too ;)

cw42 31 October 2004 04:11 PM

I'm booked in, got my call back this morning :) 36, wrx sti on order to test for 24 hours. Phoning back tuesday to give me details of where to pick it up from :)

wooooohooooooo! ! ! ! ! :)

chris.

extended test drive