ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Roads infrastructure/drivers (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/370433-roads-infrastructure-drivers.html)

Senior_AP 13 October 2004 08:23 PM

Roads infrastructure/drivers

Why is it that countries in Europe can cope with most weather conditions with relative ease yet over here we struggle with light drizzle??

My trip to work took pretty much twice what it normally should do today. There was some rain today granted but the traffic reports that brake over your music on your car stereo were about 10 minutes long!! Problems here, crashes there, broken down here, pile-ups there....etc etc.

People seem to drive like it's a destruction derby following a bit of rain.

I tried hard to remain calm but FFS!!! Try living in Sweden, bloody hell imagine Sweden being inhabited by Brits!! lol. Nobody would ever get anywhere, just skeletons behind the wheel and the dead carcasses dotted along the roads/pavements of those that tried to walk. lol.

ajm 13 October 2004 08:55 PM

Of course you know who's fault it is, don't you.......

:D

hutton_d 13 October 2004 09:02 PM

.... that damn Bliar bloke again ...... :-)

I find the *foglight* brigade come out in the slightest drizzle. If I'm out for a jog around the backroads here and someone comes towards me with their fogs on I'll point at the front of the car and mouth at them about *fog lights* ... dead funny looking back and seeing them slow right down to see what the problem is. Totally oblivious to what I was pointing out ......

Dave

imlach 13 October 2004 09:06 PM

The reason is that the UK does not have extreme or reliable enough weather.....

ie, in central europe, away from the sea, snow is guaranteed EVERY winter for months. Therefore, the infrastructure is geared up to cope with it. ie, people switch to winter tyres/chains, goverment knows how much snow clearing equipment they need etc.

In the UK, with our temperate climate, winters can be mild or severe. Not predictable.

what would scooby do 13 October 2004 09:06 PM

This country is full of conts..

.. who here is contributing to the cause? ;)

imlach 13 October 2004 09:09 PM

It's also because when it rains, the traffic volume increases by quite a margin. People running their kids to school (yes, rain does kill them :D), people who'd normally use public transport decide not to.....(yes, again, rain might kill them).

Senior_AP 14 October 2004 01:13 AM

It's just incredible. Bit of rain and its destruction f$cking derby, bit of fog, destruction derby.

Brits are twats

Senior_AP 14 October 2004 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by ajm
Of course you know who's fault it is, don't you.......

Yep, everyone's. :D

Senior_AP 14 October 2004 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by imlach
The reason is that the UK does not have extreme or reliable enough weather.....

I don't see that as an excuse....nor a reason. It's an attitude/mentality thing. France is similar to here and they're fine, to whom many term as a "less advanced country" :rolleyes:

Now, where did I leave those glasses, you know...those ones with the rose tint.

CraigH 14 October 2004 07:18 AM

I agree - germanys weather is very similar to the uks. Blame it on the british "that'll do" or "it's not my job" attitude.

Re driving, dunno what's the solution. Not sure what's worse - having total numpties driving at 50 on the motorway like here, or being flashed over for doing less than 120 in zero visibility in germany :D

Senior_AP 14 October 2004 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by CraigH
I agree - germanys weather is very similar to the uks. Blame it on the british "that'll do" or "it's not my job" attitude.

Re driving, dunno what's the solution. Not sure what's worse - having total numpties driving at 50 on the motorway like here, or being flashed over for doing less than 120 in zero visibility in germany :D

Think you've hit the nail on the head with the "not my job" type attitude.