ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   London Congestion Charging - what's the deal? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/370349-london-congestion-charging-whats-the-deal.html)

CraigH 13 October 2004 03:46 PM

London Congestion Charging - what's the deal?

Drove into London last week, saw a few signs, didn't think anything more. Got to where i needed to be, paid for a meter (£1 for 15mins ffs) and thought nothing more of it. assumed any congestion charge was done/included through the meters.
Until this morning, I was spotted in a congestion charging zone blah blah with no valid payment etc etc and now I have a £50 fine if paying within 14 days.

What's the crack with this? I didn't see anywhere to pay for this, only saw a sign saying I was entering a zone and that was it. Anyone appealed against these conning shafting daylight robbing motherfvckers? (not too happy about it ;) )

Cheers in advance

Bravo2zero_sps 13 October 2004 03:49 PM

LOL they don't contact you if you enter, well they do but only to fine you, you are supposed to phone up and pay before or on the day of travelling into the zone or do it over the web.

I agree its total cack, I managed to avoid it on the day I had to bring the car in, but that was by working out which way the cameras were pointing and getting out by a side road that had no camera pointing on it (had got in before the charge started) :D

ChrisB 13 October 2004 03:49 PM

You can pay via the Internet, in a shop, telphone (and SMS).

Bend over and take it take like a big boy now...

davegtt 13 October 2004 03:50 PM

FFS, you enter a zone and get charged for it fine thats bad enough but when there is nowhere to pay for it thats pretty obvious you get fined????

Scoobychick 13 October 2004 03:52 PM

How to pay

"MADDOG" 13 October 2004 03:53 PM

Welcome to London :cuckoo: I would feel a bit better if i was mugged.

regards "MADDOG" :D :D :D

the moose 13 October 2004 03:57 PM

Have have to be the only person in the entire country who doesn't know about the congestion charge!

AudiMan 13 October 2004 04:08 PM

Claim someone is driving around london with the same type/colour car as yours with copies of your plates on. (this does happen - lots). and that you were in Scotland at the time.

or just become an MP then you don't have to pay !!!!!!!!!! nice one Ken.

W**k*r

Ian.

KiwiGTI 13 October 2004 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=AudiMan]Claim someone is driving around london with the same type/colour car as yours with copies of your plates on. QUOTE]

Doesn't work, the average motorist is captured about 5 times as they drive through the zone, most will have a high enough resolution to identify the driver. These are kept for evidence.

Pastor 13 October 2004 04:33 PM

Bad luck, what does work however is borrowing your flatmates car that's registered in Spain.
Pastor- paying the C charge in another life!

AudiMan 13 October 2004 04:48 PM

Quote "Doesn't work, the average motorist is captured about 5 times as they drive through the zone, most will have a high enough resolution to identify the driver. These are kept for evidence."

Forgot to mention, wear a mask also..

plan B - take plates off altogether

plan C - just don't drive to London, it takes hours to get anywhere anyway.

Ian..

Jerome 13 October 2004 05:17 PM

I'm not sure how anyone in the UK can manage to not have heard of the Kengestion Charging. People in Canada have asked me about it...

Anyway, I didn't bother paying when I got a hire car from within the zone. As I was moving to Canada shortly afterwards I wasn't worried. I assume on the days I picked it up and dropped it off, someone else used the car, because I heard nothing more. How many double payments do they get from Central London based hire cars I wonder.

Richard Askew 13 October 2004 05:19 PM

Craig - you've made my day hahaha

Love and Kisses

Me xxx

:D

minor_threat 13 October 2004 05:26 PM

Do you pay per day? If I drive into the zone on Friday, stay in a hotel and leave on Saturday would I have to pay for 2 days?

Scoobychick 13 October 2004 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by minor_threat
Do you pay per day? If I drive into the zone on Friday, stay in a hotel and leave on Saturday would I have to pay for 2 days?

Congestion charge operating hours are: 7am - 6.30pm Monday to Friday

vindaloo 13 October 2004 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by AudiMan
Quote "Doesn't work, the average motorist is captured about 5 times as they drive through the zone, most will have a high enough resolution to identify the driver. These are kept for evidence."

Forgot to mention, wear a mask also..

plan B - take plates off altogether

plan C - just don't drive to London, it takes hours to get anywhere anyway.

Ian..

Ski-mask -> Car -> London -> Armed Police!

J.

CraigH 13 October 2004 06:05 PM

I'm not sure how anyone in the UK can manage to not have heard of the Kengestion Charging. People in Canada have asked me about it...
I have HEARD of it but there was nothing obvious about paying anywhere. As I haven't driven in London for over 5 years I've never really paid much attention to it. I can feel a court case coming on lol.

It's a load of cack. Someone who is here on business would drive in, drive out and not know about it - once you're actually in London it's a bit late isn't it. Shafting robbing bastids.

Rich,

Kiss my 4rse - next time I hope you choke on your coffee you fat cooont ;)

TDT 13 October 2004 06:33 PM

Just read www.cclondon.com