ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   whats the best and worst memories in your life? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/370314-whats-the-best-and-worst-memories-in-your-life.html)

wwp8 13 October 2004 01:38 PM

whats the best and worst memories in your life?

i've been thinking recently, i don't remember anything that makes me think that was the most enjoyable of my life,

except a xmas time a couple of years ago, when people, i want are there and people who i DON'T want isn't there.

as for bad memories, i can top that harry potter order of the phoenix in pages.

MattW 13 October 2004 01:50 PM

My first born and my father passing away.

SiPie 13 October 2004 01:55 PM

Worst memory

Getting caught having a ham shank by my mum, but realistically spending time at her majety's leisure :rolleyes:

Best memory

Loads and loads, but hatching a plan with our back row to crock Craig Chalmers (never liked him) in a Penicuik v Earlston Scottish Cup Schools Rugby match, and then watching him leave the pitch injured a few minutes later, goes down as a particular chuckle ;)

the moose 13 October 2004 02:34 PM

Worst: mother's death, when I wasn't even a teen

Best: looking down over Lake Louise ski area, with the sun shining and reflecting/refracting through a gentle fall of very fine crystalline snow. OK, so it was -30 C, but the view is firmly lodged there.

Scoob99 13 October 2004 02:37 PM

Best my Kids being born, Worst, Nearly being killed by a drunk driver not knowing if I would walk again:(
Cheers
Colin

XT 13 October 2004 02:44 PM

Best: Woman Related :)

Worst: Woman Related :D

Markus 13 October 2004 03:02 PM

XT,
oooh, now that is so so so true! :D

Seriously though. Best? hmm, there's a lot really, recent ones, well, Moving to Canada, seeing my cousin get married, playing with a certain lovely grey hounds puppies, and a few other things I could not possibly discuss on a public PG-13 rated BBS ;) :d hehehe

Worst, easy, the death of my grandfather last year, but there are a few other things, but we'll not go there.

Jolly Green Monster 13 October 2004 04:04 PM

best:
first child being born

worst:
learning second child is not going to make it

best:
learning 3rd child is not suffering the same fate as the 2nd one :D

Richard Askew 13 October 2004 05:00 PM

Worst: watching Dad die infront of me when I was 20 in 1999

Best: asking Mel to marry me and her saying yes (her leaving me in the summer comes a close second to the above)

Wurzel 13 October 2004 05:08 PM

Worst moment was my girlfriend dumping me and going out with one of my mates within 3 days of said incident and having to watch them together at the German WRC!!!

Best moment? not sure yet will need to get back to you on that one.

Richard Askew 13 October 2004 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Best moment? not sure yet will need to get back to you on that one.

..that'll be at WRC Germany next year ;)

Jerome 13 October 2004 05:10 PM

Worst: Being sent to the Iraq war.

Best: Arriving back in the UK from Iraq - especially the surprise reunion with my gf. :D :D :D

Scott W 13 October 2004 05:10 PM

Best - meeting my now wife

Worst - being in attendance of a 3 year old boy passing away because of his lousy mother.

Patt@firstime 13 October 2004 05:20 PM

Best - Horse drawn carriage ride round central park NYC with my g/f on a freezing cold clear November morning :)

Worst - Horrific car crash involving all my family in same car (parents, 2 sisters) and not knowing for weeks if my dad would live or die :(

In the ring of fire 13 October 2004 05:29 PM

Best - Picking up the keys & jumping into my brand new sti (waited 6 years to get one)
:D

Worst - Women Related:(

New_scooby_04 13 October 2004 10:44 PM

Hmmmm, best: Predictable, but I'd have to say that getting my first Scooby counts as one; I'd waited 10 years to own a proper performance car! :thumb: :D Another first was also pretty memorable, but we won't go into that here! :norty:

Worst: Woman related :( ....starting to see a patern here :p

Best wishes,

Ubik 13 October 2004 11:08 PM

One of the happiest memories I have (and yes it sounds a little silly) is sitting in the front seat of my dads car when I was four years old after >helping< my dad load some chairs that he had lent his mate into the boot of the car. We only drove about 100m down the road but it really sticks in my mind.

Worst, well sorry to continue a theme here. Woman related. :mad: