ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Beer at lunchtime (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/368922-beer-at-lunchtime.html)

Senior_AP 08 October 2004 08:58 AM

Beer at lunchtime

I don't tend to drink at lunchtimes now but when I did, I was asked not to by the company where I worked. Colleagues have been asked not to as well.

You don't get paid for your lunchbreak so how can the company say this??

As I said, I'm not bothered, I don't drink at lunch any more - just a random thread on a Friday!!! :)

eClaire 08 October 2004 09:00 AM

Think it's because you are returning to work under the influence :)

davegtt 08 October 2004 09:03 AM

what Claire said, would have thought that'd be a tad obvious :) pi55ed or not still working on the companies premises under the influence

alcazar 08 October 2004 09:03 AM

I'm sorry, but I agree with the company. They pay youito work all day, minus the lunch break, but you should be able to work as normal in the afternoon, and some can't with only small amounts of alcohol.

I know, as I'm one: even half a bitter, or a glass of wine at lunch is enough to make me sleepy and stroppy, whereas I can put it away like nobody's business in an evening with no (little) effect.

Alcazar

Alas 08 October 2004 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Senior_AP
I don't tend to drink at lunchtimes now but when I did, I was asked not to by the company where I worked. Colleagues have been asked not to as well.

You don't get paid for your lunchbreak so how can the company say this??

As I said, I'm not bothered, I don't drink at lunch any more - just a random thread on a Friday!!! :)

Go on - Take a drink:D

fast bloke 08 October 2004 09:08 AM

get a job with the Beeb. When i worked there you could get to the (social club) bar without leaving the building. The boss used to take us for 3 or 4 pints at lunchtime :D

Senior_AP 08 October 2004 09:10 AM

None of us were p!ssed, think the smell was deemed un-professional.

Bit annoying when you see mangaers up the boozer though!!

rusty1977 08 October 2004 09:32 AM

None of us were p!ssed, think the smell was deemed un-professional.

Bit annoying when you see mangaers up the boozer though!!

See you down the crabtree bout 1 o'clock then!!

Senior_AP 08 October 2004 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by rusty1977
See you down the crabtree bout 1 o'clock then!!

Sounds good!! Friday after all!! :)

rusty1977 08 October 2004 09:45 AM

Sounds good!! Friday after all!! :)

Hair of the dog, and all that

Senior_AP 08 October 2004 09:45 AM

Hair of the dog, and all that

You're still p!ssed mate. You smell like George Best!!

rusty1977 08 October 2004 09:50 AM

You're still p!ssed mate. You smell like George Best!!

Thanks for that man, better borrow some of your perfume.

davyboy 08 October 2004 10:15 AM

If you come back late, we'll have to have a "meeting"

Senior_AP 08 October 2004 10:17 AM

Thanks for that man, better borrow some of your perfume.

Why?? Is that bottle of Old Spice ran out that you keep in your top drawer??

Senior_AP 08 October 2004 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by davyboy
If you come back late, we'll have to have a "meeting"

WoooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOO!!!

You ol' boyz!! I won't speak to you, I'll just send you and email an pretend to be your best mate 20 minutes later!

WoooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOO!!!

ProperCharlie 08 October 2004 10:19 AM

When I worked at for the council it was fairly normal to go to the pub at lunchtime, for a couple of pints. Sometimes another couple. If it got much later than 3.30 it was generally thought to be a waste of time to go back to the office, so we just stayed in the pub. :)

After a couple of years a new manager was appointed and circulated a memo stating that no alcohol was to be consumed during the working day. Everyone was outraged!

Senior_AP 08 October 2004 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by ProperCharlie
When I worked at for the council it was fairly normal to go to the pub at lunchtime, for a couple of pints. Sometimes another couple. If it got much later than 3.30 it was generally thought to be a waste of time to go back to the office, so we just stayed in the pub. :)

After a couple of years a new manager was appointed and circulated a memo stating thet no alcohol was to be consumed during the working day. Everyone was outraged!

New manager sounds a right bender.

ProperCharlie 08 October 2004 10:21 AM

New manager sounds a right bender.

He was a ****. He always left the door of his office open, so you'd tap and walk straight in, and then he'd ignore you for several minutes before even bothering to aknowledge that you were standing there.

davyboy 08 October 2004 10:22 AM

It was not so many years ago that Northampton Borough Council had a bar in the canteen!!

It was quite normal for the bunch of office workers, who didn't do anything anyway to have a few pints.

Senior_AP 08 October 2004 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ProperCharlie
He was a ****. He always left the door of his office open, so you'd tap and walk straight in, and then he'd ignore you for several minutes before even bothering to aknowledge that you were standing there.

Sounds like a saddo. Inflated sense of self-importance.

Senior_AP 08 October 2004 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by davyboy
It was not so many years ago that Northampton Borough Council had a bar in the canteen!!

It was quite normal for the bunch of office workers, who didn't do anything anyway to have a few pints.

The "Bistro" here sells BASS Shandy. I remember someone that used to drink that, after 3 x 330ml cans he was half p!ssed. He lost his touch cos there was a time when he could drink 10 pints without problem.

rusty1977 08 October 2004 10:25 AM

The "Bistro" here sells BASS Shandy. I remember someone that used to drink that, after 3 x 330ml cans he was half p!ssed. He lost his touch cos there was a time when he could drink 10 pints without problem.

Didnt he have 10 pints once and someone said he looked ralaxed?

Senior_AP 08 October 2004 10:27 AM

Didnt he have 10 pints once and someone said he looked ralaxed?

Most people do look relaxed when they're lying in a pool of their own vomit. ;)

Classic quote. Was funny cos when I go pub with him he'd have 2 pints and be giggling like Marilyn from Home & Away!!

rusty1977 08 October 2004 10:29 AM

Most people do look relaxed when they're lying in a pool of their own vomit. ;)

Classic quote. Was funny cos when I go pub with him he'd have 2 pints and be giggling like Marilyn from Home & Away!!

Ah Marilyn from home and away isnt she the one who is Emmerdale now? Near perfect women in my opinion top bangers!!

Senior_AP 08 October 2004 10:30 AM

Ah Marilyn from home and away isnt she the one sho is Emmerdale now? Near perfect women in my opinion top bangers!!

She is worth a tump or two.

Patsy Kensit is alright to, just to "de-snobbify" her really. Degradation.

rusty1977 08 October 2004 10:33 AM

She is worth a tump or two.

Patsy Kensit is alright to, just to "de-snobbify" her really. Degradation.

dirt!! fried eggs

speedking 08 October 2004 01:09 PM

So how about our Christmas do. Held at lunchtime. Max. one hour to include travelling :( (venue approx. 10 minutes away). In accordance with company guidelines no alcohol to be consumed :(:(

Merry f**king Christmas everybody, and thanks for all your hard work and unpaid overtime during the last year :hjtwofing

Senior_AP 08 October 2004 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by speedking
So how about our Christmas do. Held at lunchtime. Max. one hour to include travelling :( (venue approx. 10 minutes away). In accordance with company guidelines no alcohol to be consumed :(:(

Merry f**king Christmas everybody, and thanks for all your hard work and unpaid overtime during the last year :hjtwofing

Great isn't it. :rolleyes:

ChrisB 08 October 2004 01:24 PM

We had a fully stocked bar at our old office - even had a hatch you could open into the boardroom :D

Been out for lunch time beers with one of our customers in London - somebody sticks their company AmEx card behind the bar and it turns into an all day bender for them.

ProperCharlie 08 October 2004 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisB
Been out for lunch time beers with one of our customers in London - somebody sticks their company AmEx card behind the bar and it turns into an all day bender for them.

sounds like a meeting with my bank manager. :D