ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Identify Me A Bling Rapper (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/367721-identify-me-a-bling-rapper.html)

Puff The Magic Wagon! 04 October 2004 11:57 PM

Identify Me A Bling Rapper

I'm guessing...

Standing in the foyer of the Nottingham Hilton on Sunday lunchtime waiting for the car park people to bring the car around.

Also waiting was a young fellow who was about 5ft 5 dressed in baggy tracksuit & jeans jacket, with loads of gold jewelry including a necklace that was so thick/chunky that if real would be worth at least £10k. Usual woolen cap. Can't have been more than about 22. Was also with a simillarly sized/dressed black guy. Both were tidy in general presentation.

Not I would guess the normal Hilton staying member of the public, but we had a few words about waiting for our respective cars and he was suitably pleasant and either from Manchester/Liverpool area I think

Have the feeling I've seen him before someplace - any ideas?

ozzy 05 October 2004 12:05 AM

Vanilla Ice? ;)

Freak 05 October 2004 12:07 AM

needle.in.haystack
given the current popularity of said style/genre

yoza 05 October 2004 12:08 AM

My money is on a Footballer.

They all seem to be short and blinged up.

fast bloke 05 October 2004 12:32 AM

This happened to me a few years ago. Was sitting in childrens A&E when a couple of 'yoofs' came out of one of the wards acompanied by two policemen (Our police are armed to add to the drama) I thought they had been scooped or something, when one of them walks over, bends down and kisses Emma (about a year old at that stage)
He then shook hands with me and kissed my wife (on the cheek) I was about to thump him ( not really - armed police - remember) when a bunch of screaming girlies arrived. Turned out to be Westlife :rolleyes:

June last year I took said wifey to Eminem concert in Dublin. We decided to stay in the Conrad (posh place... 5 stars and all that.) Came back ofter the concert and started chatting to a couple of lads in the bar. We thought they must be staying with Mum & Dad - Turns out we sat with Busted for 4 hours without noticing :D

Iwan 05 October 2004 06:43 AM

A mate of mine was doing some photography work of a big country house a while back. It was some promoters house or something so they laid on a helicopter to bring him there/back.

As he was getting out of the helicopter a back guy and a "very foxy black girl" came walking over and said hello to him, he shook hands with both assuming they were from the promotions company.

Black guy: "Hello mate, i'm 'abc' and this is 'xyz'" (he couldn't remember their names).
Mate: "Hiya, how's it going?"
Black guy: "Fine thanks, you know, this is 'xyz', of Mis-teeq?"
Mate: "Er, ok. Sorry, who? Of what?"

PMSL :D

They had to explain who they were, and even then he hadn't heard of them (he's into metal). :D

Funkii Munkii 05 October 2004 07:36 AM

My money is on a Footballer.

They all seem to be short and blinged up.
Kieron Dyer??? ;)

Puff The Magic Wagon! 05 October 2004 10:56 AM

Oh well, for stories like that, was delivering a package to a PR agency in town back in the mid 80s. Big tall striking girl there with the regular. She offers to sign & did so.

'cos we always need to have legible signatures, I check it.

YAZZ

"That's a strange name", thanked her & off I went. About a week later I find out she's No1 in the charts at the time :o

But I worked that one out, who is this little fellow? Unlikely a footie player as was not particularly of athletic build - his jewelry was also too showy bling - chain links as thick as a pencil.

MJW 05 October 2004 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by fast bloke

June last year I took said wifey to Eminem concert in Dublin. We decided to stay in the Conrad (posh place... 5 stars and all that.) Came back ofter the concert and started chatting to a couple of lads in the bar. We thought they must be staying with Mum & Dad - Turns out we sat with Busted for 4 hours without noticing :D

They probably were staying with their parents !!

yoza 05 October 2004 11:02 AM

Talking of Kieron Dyer some nastey man took his watch off him.

A Jocob and Co, worth about £25000.

Ba5tards.

RichWalk 05 October 2004 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by yoza
Talking of Kieron Dyer some nastey man took his watch off him.

A Jocob and Co, worth about £25000.

Ba5tards.

You still got it mate, what sort of Dollar you looking for??:thumb:

yoza 05 October 2004 11:27 AM

http://www.atlantictime.com/jacob-co-watches.htm

Unwearable, and (Puts on best Shaggy accent) " IT WASNT ME........."

SJ_Skyline 05 October 2004 11:39 AM

Reminds me of a certain situation in London a year or so ago:

Me & Mrs SJ having lunch in Planet Hollywood and there are all these screaming young girls going mental everytime this prat in a red tracksuit walks past.

SJ - "Whats all the noise about"
Waitress - "Oh, we have a star visiting us today"
SJ - "Who?"
Waitress - "Justin Timberlake"
SJ - "Who?"

:rolleyes:

Best of luck working out who it was Puff ;)

Wurzel 05 October 2004 12:07 PM

Baxk in the late 80's I was sent to service the alrms system of some bloke in Windelsham, we turned up and some short woman met us, we wandered round thi smassive old house full of prerelease Queen posters and then I met this tall thin bloke with wild curly hair, I asked him if he had a torch so I could see into the control panel then afterwards got home to sign my service docket which he did, He signed it and I thought nothing of it, when I got back to the office and handed in the dockets someone said to me do you know who that was? I said no, It turned out to be Brain May from Queen! and the woman that met me was his wife.

Oh well you live and learn :D:D:D:D