ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ICE (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/)
-   -   speaker upgrade on an STi 8 (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/366145-speaker-upgrade-on-an-sti-8-a.html)

Sideways 29 September 2004 06:58 AM

speaker upgrade on an STi 8

I would like to put some Infinity 605 cs's in the front doors. I'm told I need a 12mm piece of MDF or suchlike as a spacer, can anyone recommend the easiest way to do this. I have no electric saw or workbench :(

Cheers
Jas

ethanrob 29 September 2004 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Sideways
I would like to put some Infinity 605 cs's in the front doors. I'm told I need a 12mm piece of MDF or suchlike as a spacer, can anyone recommend the easiest way to do this. I have no electric saw or workbench :(

Cheers
Jas

Go to your local ice dealer and ask the for some speaker pockets,They are black plastic surrounds and are originally made for a corsa but they fit the subaru 04 perfect,i have got them in mine with alpine 5.25" components

regards mark

Sideways 29 September 2004 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by ethanrob
Go to your local ice dealer and ask the for some speaker pockets,They are black plastic surrounds and are originally made for a corsa but they fit the subaru 04 perfect,i have got them in mine with alpine 5.25" components

regards mark

Thanks mate I used these in my MY97 Impreza and they worked withy a bit of persuasion ;)
So they are an exact fit on the MY 04 ?

Cheers

Jas

ethanrob 29 September 2004 09:08 AM

Yes mate,All you have to do is drill an extra hole in the black sleeve at the top to line it up with the fixing hole on the door skin,it took me about thirty minutes from start to finish including wiring and door card removal(and i aint no ice expert)

regards, mark

New To Scoob 29 September 2004 06:59 PM

Autoleads do them for the new-age cars now, got a set of them in the house haven't got round to fitting them yet though.

John.

Sideways 29 September 2004 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by New To Scoob
Autoleads do them for the new-age cars now, got a set of them in the house haven't got round to fitting them yet though.

John.

where can I buy em mate ?
thanks

New To Scoob 30 September 2004 03:33 AM

where can I buy em mate ?
thanks

Got mine at a local hi-fi dealer, halfrauds might do them as they do the autoleads stuff.

John.

Sideways 30 September 2004 02:48 PM

Got mine at a local hi-fi dealer, halfrauds might do them as they do the autoleads stuff.

John.

None on Halfords website :( Or e-bay.

Want to sell me yours ?? :D

Jas

Sideways 30 September 2004 05:07 PM

John.

I have contacted Autoleads directly and they say they don't make them for a MY03 ??? Now I'm confused :(

Jas

ethanrob 30 September 2004 06:12 PM

I have contacted Autoleads directly and they say they don't make them for a MY03 ??? Now I'm confused :(

Jas

here ya go matey

Technicar-01142 556775

Dont know if they do mail order but will be able to give you the part number for autoleads,Just tell them you are after some speaker pockets for the front doors of you 03 impreza

regards mark

Sideways 01 October 2004 02:29 PM

here ya go matey

Technicar-01142 556775

Dont know if they do mail order but will be able to give you the part number for autoleads,Just tell them you are after some speaker pockets for the front doors of you 03 impreza

regards mark

Cheers mate they have some but don't do mail order and they are in Sheffield :D I'm in Bristol.
Guy was helpfull though and said I should go to a local hi fi place and get a Corsa 165mm spacer kit ( as above )

Thanks
Jas

ethanrob 01 October 2004 05:47 PM

Cheers mate they have some but don't do mail order and they are in Sheffield :D I'm in Bristol.
Guy was helpfull though and said I should go to a local hi fi place and get a Corsa 165mm spacer kit ( as above )

Thanks
Jas

The guys help-ful at technicar,top set of gezzas
Glad ya sorted matey

regards mark

GaryCat 01 October 2004 09:32 PM

Hi Sideways, If you get the corsa spacers and they fit OK can you post a message saying so as we get a lot of questions about this on the ICE forum.

Cheers.

virgin 07 April 2005 09:39 PM

regards mark

did you need to use mdf with the pockets ?

thanks mate

scoobytoo 07 April 2005 10:52 PM

i've just put infinity 6500 in my 03 front doors went straight in with the corsa spacer rings, seen 'em in halfrauds £15 ish a pair.

Originally Posted by virgin

thanks mate

ethanrob 08 April 2005 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by virgin

thanks mate

nah mate,all you need is the corsa pockets,oh and for good measure some dyna mat while the door cards are off

mark

virgin 10 April 2005 12:12 AM

cheers mate,