ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Threatened by a woman!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/365233-threatened-by-a-woman.html)

Richard Askew 25 September 2004 09:50 AM

Threatened by a woman!!!

Parking up this morning down a small residential road near work as I have for the last 6 months, as woman comes to her door and shouts over "do you have to make quite so much noise? Every morning its the same! My windows shake blah blah blah"

She then goes into a tirade at me stating no-one else makes that sort of noise and she's gonna get the Police if I dont stop parking there! WTF? Its a public road and I have the right to park there! And its not like I rev the tits off the car - I drive up, parrallel park and switch off!
Nor do I turn up at 3 am making a noise! (I do that at home and the neighbours are sweet as a nut with my car)

So what do I do? I did tell her it was nothing to do with her in no uncertain terms (I may have swore ;) )

Keep parking there and risk Police interest and her letting my tyres down or worse?

Find somewhere else to park? (not a problem but this road was nice and safe to park the car)

Do I seek retribution? The more I think off how she had a go the more I'm building up steam :mad:

What are the laws about pushing nasty stuff through someones letter box? Or shall I dust off the Weihrauch cos she's got really expensive looking glass in her front door?

Really pi55ed off this morning....fcuking busy-body :mad:

T5NYW 25 September 2004 09:57 AM

Reverse up to her front door, anti-lag and Toast it :D:D

Tony

Patt@firstime 25 September 2004 10:10 AM

Buy one of those 'anti-attack' alarms, the ones where you pull the cord out and it makes your ears bleed and doesn't switch off until the battery runs out ;)

Go up to her door at about 3am pull the cord (keep that yourself) and drop it through her letter box :D

You can imagine what happens then........................ :D :D :D

Have fun :) ;)

astraboy 25 September 2004 10:14 AM

if she come to the door while you're parking and complains about the noise, explain to her that the car is like that and you keep the noise to a minimum. If she doesnt buy that then say to her "Want to hear noisy? this is me being noisy" then rev the tits off the car to show her what you've been quite considerate up until now.
If that dont work then I have a few wind ups that may be of interest to you ;)
astraboy.

TDT 25 September 2004 10:16 AM

Tell her to feck off :D

Brian the Sn@il 25 September 2004 10:18 AM

Totaly ignore her,, i mean prtend she is invisible when and if she has another go, Works a treat with women as they always want a reply/argument LOL !!

Richard Askew 25 September 2004 10:18 AM

TDT I made sure she understood that bit this morning ;)

I like the idea of the personal attack alarm though :D

imlach 25 September 2004 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Richard Askew
...down a small residential road near work ...

From the other side of the argument, workers who use residential streets as "work parking" do sometimes incure the wrath of local residents. Quite a lot of places in Edinburgh where this happens.

While there's no law to state you cannot park there, is it perhaps easier to just avoid confrontation and try parking somewhere else in the meantime?

Out of interest, what are your reasons for choosing this street? Is there parking available at your work or is there a proper carpark near your work?

Richard Askew 25 September 2004 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by imlach
From the other side of the argument, workers who use residential streets as "work parking" do sometimes incure the wrath of local residents. Quite a lot of places in Edinburgh where this happens.

While there's no law to state you cannot park there, is it perhaps easier to just avoid confrontation and try parking somewhere else in the meantime?

Out of interest, what are your reasons for choosing this street? Is there parking available at your work or is there a proper carpark near your work?

Richard - these are the type of people who complain that the bin-men make too much noise :rolleyes:

I chose this street as one of the chaps at work lives there and said it was safe and secure, its tucked out of the way. It is the closest parking available to work, although there is a pay and display literally behind the showroom but its £1.50 an hour and I'm sure as hell not paying 300 quid a month to park there!!

TopBanana 25 September 2004 10:27 AM

I agree, it would be less stressful for you just to find somewhere else to park. I'm not precluding astraboy's excellent suggestion though :D

hugo 25 September 2004 10:37 AM

Maybe she fancies you? :norty: :D

Patt@firstime 25 September 2004 10:38 AM

Attack alarm :D do it! :D

I've got a spare one.... ;)

2000TLondon 25 September 2004 10:38 AM

No way, you can't let some old bat influence where you park your car.

It's unlikely anyone would do anything to your car, just give it a quick glance when you get back.

If you're right you're right, ignore her or tell her to shove it.

Richard Askew 25 September 2004 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by hugo
Maybe she fancies you? :norty: :D

Nah she aint that weird :D

Richard Askew 25 September 2004 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Patt@firstime
Attack alarm :D do it! :D

I've got a spare one.... ;)

Gonna go to Homebase on the way home - think you can buy them in multi packs ;)

ajm 25 September 2004 10:45 AM

I doubt she'd do anything to the car, afterall, you know where she lives!

Tell her, if she values peace and quiet in the mornings, she should stop causing stand-up arguments in the street and go and do some knitting or something instead! ;)

Patt@firstime 25 September 2004 10:51 AM

Gonna go to Homebase on the way home - think you can buy them in multi packs ;)

Good lad!!!!! Let me know ;) how you get on :D

+Doc+ 25 September 2004 10:53 AM

Perhaps she has babies / children, works shifts? Try and look at it from other peoples perspective she may have flipped because it has been eating at her for ages. Just park further down the road makes it easier for both parties.

anc-sti 25 September 2004 11:06 AM

I'd tread carefully people can get themselves so wound up about silly things like this and lose it big time. Criminal damage to your car costs and is difficult to put right properly. Guess you've got to assess if this muppet is the type to go that far.

The village were I live folk get up tight about people parking slightly over access but there has to be a bit of give and take as there is very little parking space. A couple of years ago a neighbour parked over (1ft) another neighbours access and in the morning his tyre's were slashed, nothing was proved. Fortuately the mental neighbour has since moved.

imlach 25 September 2004 11:08 AM

I actually have someone who parks outside our house at the moment during the working week.....started about a month ago.

Doesn't bother me YET, but it is kind of annoying given if I'm driving up to park outside my house quickly, I can't do that during the day while he is parked there....

Obviously there is nowt I can do....he's allowed to park there etc, but I've got a feeling he only just lives down the road, and drives the few hundred metres every day from his house to our house so he can be closer to the bus-stop into town....

I'm sure many also feel the same....while the area outside their house is not "theirs to control", if you live in a quiet residential area in the suburbs, having people park there for work purposes can be annoying.

hoskib 25 September 2004 11:10 AM

if she continues to get the arse, she may well resort to damaging your car out of spite.

pretty unlikely, but it's not unheard of:(

ajm 25 September 2004 11:14 AM

Depends how far you are both willing to go. If it gets into tit a for tat vandalising session she is going to lose.... her house! :D

Make sure she knows that......

hoskib 25 September 2004 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by ajm
Depends how far you are both willing to go. If it gets into tit a for tat vandalising session she is going to lose.... her house! :D

Make sure she knows that......

don't suppose she'll be too gutted about someone keying her house;)

ajm 25 September 2004 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by hoskib
don't suppose she'll be too gutted about someone keying her house;)

You'd be surprised how compliant people become when you threaten to "scratch" their house! ;)

http://www.movetoireland.com/movepix/digger.jpg

hoskib 25 September 2004 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by ajm
You'd be surprised how compliant people become when you threaten to "scratch" their house! ;)

http://www.movetoireland.com/movepix/digger.jpg

bloody class mate:lol1::notworthy

Richard Askew 25 September 2004 11:35 AM

When my ex ex kicked me out and immediately started shagging someone else, a couple of mates who work for Transco dug a trench round her car using a mini digger and left it for a couple of weeks - that pi55ed on her bonfire :cool:

Tiggs 25 September 2004 11:38 AM

what time of day are you parking there? before 7.30 am?

Richard Askew 25 September 2004 11:42 AM

Thats the bit that annoys me - I get there at about half 8 to quarter to nine so hardly ultra early!!

Patt@firstime 25 September 2004 11:47 AM

When my ex ex kicked me out and immediately started shagging someone else, a couple of mates who work for Transco dug a trench round her car using a mini digger and left it for a couple of weeks - that pi55ed on her bonfire :cool:

FPMSL :D :D :D

BRILLIANT!

ajm 25 September 2004 11:47 AM

LOL! :D

In Bristol a couple of years back some muppets actually resurfaced a road around some parked cars! The owners must have come back to find their car 3 or four inches lower than the surrounding road with a little bank of loose tarmac around it where the roller couldn't get in tight enough, lol!