ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Skoda: the saga continues! (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/364614-skoda-the-saga-continues.html)

maxim 22 September 2004 11:54 PM

Skoda: the saga continues!

All I want is a vRS !

I got a call last Wednesday to say that the car had finally arrived only a month late. Wow I thought, as I was on Holiday I said that I'd collect it today (tuesday) when I got back.

I was chatting to the young lady about the parking sensors (this will become clear later on) and she said that it had 3 holes on the bumper, I told her I'm sure its 4, 10 mins later she phones back and says that there are 4 holes as she's just checked the car.

My Family go to the garage on Saturday to take the insurance down, they ask to see the car. They look all around the garage, in the workshop, out the back. Salesman says, "Not sure where it is", he goes off and says its gone to have its parking sensors fitted. Strange that, as they were fitted on Wednesday. He said the name of the place were it was having these sensors fitted.

When I was told this, I knew something wasn't right. After reading the posts about damaged cars in transit. We phone the 'bodyshop' that its gone to, to see what it had been booked in for. They told me that when the skoda dealer had fitted the parking sensors they made a two inch scratch on the bumper!

We phoned the dealer and said "is the car back yet, has the scratch been fixed yet?", he said what scratch! They won't admit that they scratched the car and they are 100% sure that the car went into the other garage to have the sensors fitted.

Just been to the dealer today to get my £100 depoist back, he didn't seem bothered that I wanted my money back...

The parking sensors that they fitted look liked Stevie Wonder fitted them! There's plastic thread showing, some of the sensors aren't even flush with the bumper and one is half way through.

I just feel sorry for the person that buys the car not knowing what's happened to it...

Floyd 23 September 2004 08:45 AM

They should be more up front with you but it's no real big deal is it? The sensors could be fixed and the bumber sprayed. I'd be more worried if it was body work. They'll have another buyer waiting anyway. IMO it's your loss.

F

Senior_AP 23 September 2004 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Floyd
They should be more up front with you but it's no real big deal is it? The sensors could be fixed and the bumber sprayed. I'd be more worried if it was body work. They'll have another buyer waiting anyway. IMO it's your loss.

F

MAXIM - SACK THE WHOLE SKODA THING, GET SOMETHING ELSE.

ianc 23 September 2004 09:50 AM

You've been very unlucky.... but I wouldn't let a bad dealer put me off the car..

Ian

maxim 23 September 2004 11:57 AM

Its not put me off the car, I've found a dealer who knows what he's doing!

Dave C. 23 September 2004 10:41 PM

I used to own a vRS and also had parking sensors but they came factory fitted and was colour coded to the car as they sit below the black bumper strip.
I bet the chap who fitted yours had a Drill in one hand and a Fag in the other.

Hope they get it right nxt time.

maxim 23 September 2004 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dave C.
I used to own a vRS and also had parking sensors but they came factory fitted and was colour coded to the car as they sit below the black bumper strip.
I bet the chap who fitted yours had a Drill in one hand and a Fag in the other.

Hope they get it right nxt time.

Whilst on his mobile phone....

Aaquil 25 September 2004 12:08 AM

Which dealership mate? Or am I not meant to ask?

Aaquil 25 September 2004 12:09 AM

Rip off merchants...greedy, dishonest, scumbags and liars!!!

Aaquil 25 September 2004 12:10 AM

Speak to the guys at BRISKODA they'll be able to recommend dealerships.

Aaquil 25 September 2004 12:11 AM

Top guys and girls as well.

maxim 25 September 2004 12:30 AM

I'm a member on there too, wicked bunch.