ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Star Wars Trilogy DVD set (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/363179-star-wars-trilogy-dvd-set.html)

RAJ27 18 September 2004 09:06 PM

Star Wars Trilogy DVD set

Anyone getting this?

Where's the cheapest place online?

Cheers

J

Trickie 18 September 2004 09:10 PM

www.play.com

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...2&title=164454

Albert47 18 September 2004 11:53 PM

www.amazon.co.uk

26.99 for the 4disc version or 44.99 normal retail.. Not relaesed untill 20/21 sept 2004 though.

Adam

Vonzack 19 September 2004 09:30 AM

Amazon, although I pre-ordered from play.com, DOH!

scoob_babe 19 September 2004 10:09 AM

I thought it was being released on 4th May ....

May the 4th be with you :D (I'll get my coat!!!)

Madjay2 19 September 2004 10:19 AM

i hate star wars, star trek rules

Mog 19 September 2004 11:29 AM

Amazon appears cheaper but doesn't include postage, so Play.Com is the cheapest.

Mog

ScoobyDoo555 19 September 2004 11:42 AM

£24.92 from DVDSoon - read it and weep ;) $57Canadion Dollars - just convert it.

Dan

IWatkins 19 September 2004 12:32 PM

My copy has just shipped from Amazon. Guess I won't be doing much work on Monday. :)

logiclee 19 September 2004 01:12 PM

Make sure if you import it the cost covers import tax.

jowl 19 September 2004 01:37 PM

Ordered it yesterday from Play.com

I've imported from DVDBoxiffice.com before and they'll mark stuff as a gift so no VAT to pay.

RAJ27 19 September 2004 02:00 PM

Don't Amazon offer free delivery for orders over £19?

"Get this delivered FREE by Super Saver Delivery or First Class shipping (UK only).
Add the Star Wars Trilogy to your shopping basket (1-Click orders are not eligible) and at checkout select either:

Super Saver Delivery as your delivery option, or
First Class delivery as your delivery option. Enter STARWARSDVDS in the promotional code field and click "Apply". Here's how.
Tip: use the First Class option with promotional code to get the Star Wars Trilogy as soon as possible, or use Super Saver Delivery to get free shipping on extra items in your order."

As stated on their website.

Have ordered from Play before and on popular items can take up to a week!

specialx 19 September 2004 02:14 PM

lucky me got my copy r1 on friday,

fantastic!!

picture quality and sound are great and the extras are good aswell.

Ubik 19 September 2004 11:37 PM

What extras are there? Is there any extra footage?

Not ordered it myself yet as I didnt want to be chipping in to finance any more cr@ppy prequels.
Phantom Menace, peh! :razz:

ScoobyJawa 20 September 2004 10:40 AM

Arrived at 7:15 this morning from Amazon :D

Fired it up - cranked up the digital, THX intro :D :D :D, and then into A New Hope - fapping superb - without a doubt the best films EVER :p :D :D

4 Hours of bonus stuff - making of, deleted scenes or scenes no seen before, look into Episode 3 etc etc.

26.99 delivered - utter bargain :D

Dracoro 20 September 2004 10:49 AM

I wonder how many people will buy this who already have all three films in the first place? A lot of money for some relatively useless 'extras'.

moan moan moan, but it's monday and that's what they are there for ;) :p

IWatkins 20 September 2004 11:06 AM

Yeah, but how many people will have all three films on DVD ? Not many I bet. :) Sure, I've got them on video, but video isn't in the same league when it comes to viewing/audio pleasure.

Mine arrived this morning, so I feel a skive coming on for a few hours (joys of working from home).

Cheers

ian

ianc 20 September 2004 11:31 AM

Tch, had the limited edition trilogy set on disc for years now....

(only difference is I have to get up and turn them over halfway through! :D)

ScoobyJawa 20 September 2004 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dracoro
I wonder how many people will buy this who already have all three films in the first place? A lot of money for some relatively useless 'extras'.

moan moan moan, but it's monday and that's what they are there for ;) :p

I already have all the originals on VHS, plus the boxed special edition set too (pro-logic). I now own the original special editions on DVD too :D Better picture quality and Dolby Digital :D Can never have enough SW :D:p

Nimbus 20 September 2004 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by scoob_babe
I thought it was being released on 4th May ....

May the 4th be with you :D (I'll get my coat!!!)

I think thats Episode 3 (Revenge of the Sith)

Frosty The Snowman 20 September 2004 12:22 PM

I was one of those poor unfortunates who purchased 4,5 and 6 on VHS when Lucas was carping on with the "last time available in this format" line and he then released the extended editions a few months later, that slightly annoyed me that did :mad:

I will probably get these in a few months time, just to be safe, as they are far better than the new ones in my opinion :)

Steve Perriam 20 September 2004 12:43 PM

pre-ordered from play but not arrived and still showing as processing !

anyone who ordered from play had them this morning in the post ????

ScoobyJawa 20 September 2004 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Frosty The Snowman
I was one of those poor unfortunates who purchased 4,5 and 6 on VHS when Lucas was carping on with the "last time available in this format" line and he then released the extended editions a few months later, that slightly annoyed me that did :mad:

I will probably get these in a few months time, just to be safe, as they are far better than the new ones in my opinion :)

When he did that I believe he meant the original unfettled versions, which is said will not be made available again..........

Nimbus 20 September 2004 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyJawa
When he did that I believe he meant the original unfettled versions, which is said will not be made available again..........

You are correct. You won't see the original versions on DVD.

JoeyDeacon 20 September 2004 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Perriam
pre-ordered from play but not arrived and still showing as processing !

anyone who ordered from play had them this morning in the post ????

Yes arrived from Play at 8.30 this morning.

Frosty The Snowman 20 September 2004 01:13 PM

Yep, thats all well and good but I think you will find most people would have not bought the original versions if they knew extended editions were going to be released in the next few months.

Nimbus 20 September 2004 01:17 PM

Depends... some people prefer the originals... I do (i mean... Greedo shooting first??? Ruins the image of Han somewhat.. ;)

Frosty The Snowman 20 September 2004 01:21 PM

I will agree that some films are better in their original cut but I would prefer to have the choice rather than Lucas being very sneaky and pulling a fast one. I didn't re-buy the extended editions and have been waiting for them to come out on DVD.

gregjd 20 September 2004 01:27 PM

Woo Hoo.. Mine (from Amazon) have just turned up now. Also includes an XBox playable Battlefront Demo. There goes my afternoon's work then!

Nimbus 20 September 2004 01:28 PM

I've got both the original and revised on VHS widescreen.. ;)