ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Cars you like but shouldnt ! (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/362963-cars-you-like-but-shouldnt.html)

J4CKO 17 September 2004 07:35 PM

Cars you like but shouldnt !

Just bought a Rover 216 Coupe as part of my minor motor trading endeavours, expected to hate it with a passion but its a really nice drive, its bright green, ten years old and automatic, I should hate it, honestly but I prefer driving it to my Fiat Coupe turbo, at least round town I do, best bit is it only cost six hundred quid and its a minter, am seriously considering keeping it for going to work in.

What cars do you like against all the odds, or the opposite for that matter !

ALi-B 17 September 2004 08:05 PM

I liked My Nissan sunny, as to be honest it had good handling and was a hoot to chuck about.

My 1984 Polo because it was a traffic light tearaway...could out drag Novaboy, and any modern small car :cool: (although didn't handle and wasn't that great at stopping)

Land Rover Lightweight v8. Not sure why, just the noise and the way it intimidates people :D

Latest Generation Corsa....gutless. But stupidly daft saxo-esq lift off oversteer :cool:

Daihatsu Coure - Rollerskate, made me grin when I drove it.

Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit, cost £5K, falling to bits, badly repaired Cat C write off, chassis so bent it was a wonder it went in a straight line (although bodywise looked ok).

Wafted about in it for 8 months and got given the "Rolls Royce" treatment everywhere we went (Hotels, fancy restuarants etc). No other £5K car got you that respect or treatment...even if it was a shed ....oh and we sold it on for £5K :cool:

andrewdelvard 17 September 2004 08:31 PM

1992 Honda Legend V6. Just thought it was great.

Flat 4x4 17 September 2004 08:54 PM

Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP (3 cylinder)

Sounds like a 911, cruises at 90, genuine fun to drive

Floyd 18 September 2004 12:05 AM

Hyundai 2.0 SE coupe! The misses liked the styling and goodies but I didn't want to be seen dead in it. Now I drive it everywhere as it's really grown on me. Better turn in than my scoob and throttle response that the scoob can only dream about. Gives 38mpg and actually handle quite well in the wet for a front driver. Some scholl boys thought it was a Ferrari :eek: that made me smile ;)

F

Freak 18 September 2004 01:30 PM

I shouldnt like the daihatsu coppen....

But i love it :eek:
Im being totally serious too

crofty 18 September 2004 02:03 PM

My Rover 200 BRM , 150BHP engine, torsen diff, close ratio box ,one of only 795, handles and goes really well, everybody looks at it must bee that orange grill!!

what would scooby do 18 September 2004 02:10 PM

TR7V8 convertible :D:D

c7blue 18 September 2004 02:23 PM

fiat doblo vans
fiat panda 4x4s

no... seriously!

pslewis 18 September 2004 02:24 PM

My beloved MX5 ....... really a girls car (but why should the fairer sex have all the fun!?)

Nissan Micra - wifes car, but brilliant to drive! oh, yes, and 50 MPG!!

Sunny day and the MX5 is the car of choice, run to the shops - the Micra

The Impreza is the workhorse

Pete

Flat 4x4 18 September 2004 02:30 PM

Toyota Tercel 4wd estate. ... in the snow

Vec 18 September 2004 04:34 PM

I know it's a girlie car :cuckoo: But I like the Ford Ka Convertable. Something very mini Audi TTish about.

mikelmr 18 September 2004 04:51 PM

volvo 740 estate, cost £50 and had so much fun chucking that big tank sideway ! very predictable and suprisingly fun to drive.

Cupramax 18 September 2004 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Flat 4x4
Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP (3 cylinder)

Sounds like a 911, cruises at 90, genuine fun to drive

Had a Ibiza 1.2 (same engine) as a courtesy car the other day. As you say, sounds just like a porker. Great little engine.

r 18 September 2004 07:15 PM

my(punto) van! diesel, to and from work only though ta!
:)
simon

J4CKO 29 September 2004 05:02 PM

Croft, going to look at a BRM on Sat, its cheap, mint and has loads of new bits, top stereo and a proven 161 bhp, 2900 quid.

Gunn79 29 September 2004 05:17 PM

Citroen 2CV - When I was a nipper, my mates mum had one, thought it was amazing. Could roll the roof back and stuff in our surfboards, had a funny gear lever and best of all we used to play mechanics on it with the tools from a Mechano set, if I was his mum looking back on it, I would have been very wary of driving it after we 'worked' on it!

Simon S3 29 September 2004 07:31 PM

My wife`s Smart, honestly!

61bhp, paddle shift 6 speed sequential, 3 cylinder turbo. It`s a hoot to drive around town, not so good on the motorway.

Oh, and it`s 200 quid fully comp! Winner.

J4CKO 29 September 2004 08:06 PM

Simon, agree, I drove one expecting to hate it and loved it, that engine noise and around town it feels fast in the way only a really small car can, if I win the lottery I am going to get one for nipping to the shops for a curry !