ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What a nightmare!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/362881-what-a-nightmare.html)

specialx 17 September 2004 02:33 PM

What a nightmare!!!!!

As the title says, on my way up the m1 this morning i felt so bad for the funeral convoy in which the lead car with the coffin in had broke down and the coffin had to be swapped into another hurse on the hard shoulder with all the families sat watching!

my heart sank so sorry for the families involved nightmare!!!

Jolly Green Monster 17 September 2004 02:35 PM

I don;t think you can look at it that way..

bet the person whose funeral it is would be saying "Ha ha and you thought I would be easy to deal with now!"

These things happen, no point getting hooked up on it!

ajm 17 September 2004 02:37 PM

An ideal opportunity for a "Late for his own funeral" epitaph on the headstone! :D

Diablo 17 September 2004 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by ajm
An ideal opportunity for a "Late for his own funeral" epitaph on the headstone! :D

:D

Jolly Green Monster 17 September 2004 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by ajm

:D

Jolly Green Monster 17 September 2004 02:40 PM

oops snap Diablo..

specialx 17 September 2004 03:05 PM

good old british humour!! you've just got to laugh!!

bet they are all laughing about it now over a glass of port and a cheese cracker!!

chris's scooby 17 September 2004 03:15 PM

LOL, My Grandma was late for her own funeral. Quite funny really as she always taught me the importance of good time keeping!

As she always liked her pint of real ale, we were stood round at the crem waiting and wondering if she'd gone for one last pint.:Suspiciou

mart360 17 September 2004 04:35 PM

i could tell you a few...

the hearse that got nicked with a body inside!!! (not guilty)

another done for speeding............. (in one of the limos) (guilty) but got off!!

people falling into graves!!
;)

Mart

Drunken Bungle Whore 17 September 2004 05:27 PM

Hopefully the family involved saw the funny side! :) Owing to having been born into an aging family with dozens of Aunts and Uncles in their 70's and 80's (and beyond), I spent plenty of time at funerals through my teens and 20's - even my own dads - and I have to say it's helped me gain what I consider to be a balanced view of the event. I'm not a heartless bitch and of course I miss them all terribly, but if the person had a great life, have some fun remembering it!! :D

One elderly aunt in particular - the last one to go in fact - died aged 96. She'd outlived 2 husbands and 11 brothers and sisters and was the most wonderful person. (She had a hysterectomy aged 91 and when she woke up and the nurse asked how she was and she said she "Had a bit of a tummy ache!" :D )

Her fondness for a drink was legendary to the point that we'd always joked that "When Aunty Lou goes, if they cremate her, they'd better close the doors quick cos there's going to be one helluva flash back" Anyway, they did cremate her, and half of the congregation was in absolute fits - and we got some really filthy looks from other people at the crem. :nono:

I know it's a sad time, but if you can remember people's lives with a smile, it helps!!