ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   JDM Integra Type R - How different to UK Cars? (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/362151-jdm-integra-type-r-how-different-to-uk-cars.html)

Christ 15 September 2004 01:18 PM

JDM Integra Type R - How different to UK Cars?

Well, the Scoob went a few weeks ago.. One of the choices to replace it is an Integra.. I used to have a 98 Uk Car, which was great, but am currently thinking about importing one..

Does anyone know of the differences on the Jap cars?? I know the headlights are different, but what else??

Im particularly concerned about fuel, as Optimax/SUL is fairly hare to come by where I live...

Anyone know??

Cheers

Chris

Diablo 15 September 2004 01:22 PM

Not sure other than the body tweaks, but even a uk Teg should be run on SUL.

Christ 15 September 2004 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Diablo
Not sure other than the body tweaks, but even a uk Teg should be run on SUL.

What body tweaks are there??

I know what you are saying about Optimax, but if you cant buy it you cant buy it...

Cheers

Chris

Diablo 15 September 2004 02:27 PM

Hi mate,

As in the front end, lights, etc.

I suspect the JDM cars may have different engine maps but not sure.

Mine was much smoother, quieter and powerful on SUL, but yeah, if you can't get it you can't get it.

CELICA-ANDY 15 September 2004 02:39 PM

the Jdm ones are up on spec, they put out 200bhp as opposed to the uk ones which are 189bhp, they will probably need octane booster to put them up to 100ron fuel but you can always get it remapped for uk fuel.

EvoBarry 15 September 2004 05:25 PM

yeah different mapping and slightly different cam profiles I think, either run on SUL and a drop of booster or get it remapped to run properly on UL? UK cars will runon UL but recommend 98RON on the fuel caps. I use Optimax mostly, UL for long motorway trips etc.

kammy 15 September 2004 10:39 PM

Different wheel fitments(4 stud imp), and no air-bag for the import.
Kam- there will proberly be loads more knowing honda ;)

clarence 16 September 2004 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by kammy
Different wheel fitments(4 stud imp), and no air-bag for the import.
Kam- there will proberly be loads more knowing honda ;)

Post-98 JDM cars have 5-stud wheels & different gearing. AFAIK, the Euro spec was based on the post-98 JDM cars but with a different front end & engine tuning.
Airbag was optional on all JDM cars.

Christ 16 September 2004 10:14 PM

Nice one...

Cheers all for the info... Now all I need to know is who does the ECU mod for UK fuel...

Chris

cjaffray 17 September 2004 02:06 AM

How could you go from a UK to a JDM, remember how good yours looked, Oh and still does.

Christ 17 September 2004 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by cjaffray
How could you go from a UK to a JDM, remember how good yours looked, Oh and still does.

Chris, nice to see your keeping her in good order :D

Not definately going for a JDM, just weighing up options..

Dark Blue Mark 17 September 2004 08:02 AM

Best ECU option is the Dastek Unichip. Look for the DC2 or Honda revolutions board and they will help you. I think there's a few people running SUL on imports. Remember, this is much more of an issue on turbocharged cars.

Jap ones also had a better manifold design which helps with the power...

MB

andrewdelvard 17 September 2004 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark
Best ECU option is the Dastek Unichip.
MB

Sounds very interesting. The Mugen chip was always considered to be very, very good also. Is Dastek quite new? Left the Honda scene a couple of years ago. Anymore info?

Dark Blue Mark 17 September 2004 08:30 AM

Mugen one isn't very practical as it was developed for racing and works best with other Mugeb stuff. VERY expensive.

Unichip's not that new. Loads of the DC2 owners are using them. They also allow VTEC change point to be lowered and adjust fuelling / timing to suit.

MB

clarence 17 September 2004 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by cjaffray

I found JDM to be better looking that Euro/US, strange enough.
Anyway later JDM cars have xenon headlamps, so it's more practical.

cjaffray 17 September 2004 03:06 PM

Each to their own I suppose, Personally I the JDM looks old compared to UK, there is no style to it, those headlights are horrible.