ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/)
-   -   Exhaust wrap group buy (continued) (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/362070-exhaust-wrap-group-buy-continued.html)

Peanuts 15 September 2004 10:00 AM

Exhaust wrap group buy (continued)

morning all,
just received an Email from Wendy at Agriemach, these are the firm who supplied our group buy product.

The offer is to remain open indefinately!

they are willing to continue to offer the 20% discount on all their products.

Just call/fax/mail your order and let them know you are from ScoobyNet to receive your discount.

Happy days

willy 15 September 2004 10:59 AM

Can you put contact details on too

ta
Willy

Peanuts 15 September 2004 01:20 PM

Wendy King
Agriemach Ltd
Wayfarers
Old Domewood
Copthorne
RH10 3HD
Tel (01342) 713743
Fax (01342) 719181

www.agriemach.com

Subarussian 20 September 2004 04:46 PM

How much wrap do I need for a classic MY00 downpipe?

Thanks!

TelBoy 21 September 2004 08:37 AM

Give them a call - they can tell you this. All you need to know is the diameter of the pipe...

Peanuts 21 September 2004 06:20 PM

from a personal point of view,
I am very pleased at how the GB went, I am also very pleased that Wendy at Agriemach has decided to keep this going for us indefinately.
nice touch on their part and I have skimmed the catalogue for another credit card assault :)

who said turbo blanket??

Dyney 21 September 2004 06:49 PM

I'm so tempted by more stuff from the catalogue but I must resist!!! :D
Plus I get an added bonus......

..The warehouse they dispatch from is only down the road (sort of ;)) So I can pick up if I give them a couple of days notice :p

Subarussian 21 September 2004 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Give them a call - they can tell you this. All you need to know is the diameter of the pipe...

No, they don't hence this post. I told that that it was a 2.5" pipe. But Wendy asked me about the length of it. I've no idea!!!

But in any case I've got an answer on another thread -- 10 m for the downpipe and another 10 for mid section.

By the way, is it true that the wrap smokes and stinks for months???

Cheers,

Andrei

TelBoy 21 September 2004 10:04 PM

Ok, so you need the length as well, obviously, but for a given diameter she can tell you what length of pipe the wrap will lag. In fact i think there's a thread in drivetrain that might be applicable here.

My wrap smelt a lot for the first few hundred miles, and even now smells sort of "sweetish" after a hard session, but it's nothing intolerable. Don't notice any smoke at all now.

Peanuts 13 October 2004 08:46 AM

BTTT for anymore takers...

TelBoy 13 October 2004 02:51 PM

Andy - didn't hear back from you about the turbo blanket. No interest now?

trails 14 October 2004 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Peanuts
BTTT for anymore takers...

Am def interested in the wrap for my de-cat downpipe...any idea how much the turbo blanket will be?

Cheers,
Ian

richto 23 November 2004 01:18 PM

Why bother - that's a ripoff price to start with - see http://www.proven-products.co.uk/products/cooltek.htm

Peanuts 25 January 2005 08:03 AM

because the cooltek stuff is inferior quality?

if you want to cut corners at every opportunity on your car then thats fair-doo's.
me, Id rather spend a bit more and do it right ;)

(ordering again this morning :D)

Ray_li 25 January 2005 09:01 AM

what is wrap for?

thanks

Ray

Ray_li 25 January 2005 09:02 AM

its ok i know now

richto 30 January 2005 02:17 PM

Cooltek wrap is fine. No quality issues at all. And Much cheaper.

Carl Davey 30 January 2005 05:47 PM

I've just bought Cooltek, but then i wouldn't know good exhaust wrap from bad exhaust wrap. All i know is the difference in price - which is so vast i'm happier than thinking i have *better* exhaust wrap on my car...

Still got the paint from Agriemach though. With 20% discount. :cool:

WUZ 31 January 2005 12:46 AM

Still paid too mucxh carl - Trade prices from me (23% off) BUT YOU NEVER LISTEN!

Russell

ps - the US has got cheap parts on a level I cannot believe! Need to get another suitcase just to bring in the small parts!

Carl Davey 31 January 2005 08:41 AM

PMSL Russ, do i look like a feckin' mind reader? :p :p

As i said before...

Originally Posted by Carl Davey
Hey Russ. ;) Now if you had a website then i'd know exactly where to go. :p Jamie from H1 Performance was delighted with his for the cost of an AVC-R. And no, you're not seeing double. :p

Now, please do tell me this magical price for exhaust wrap. What width and how much per metre. :D :cool: