ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What's all this 'gauging interest' bollocks? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/361555-whats-all-this-gauging-interest-bollocks.html)

TopBanana 13 September 2004 03:21 PM

What's all this 'gauging interest' bollocks?

Either you're selling it or you're not -- surely?

Andy Tang 13 September 2004 03:35 PM

The sale might be subject to a number of factors, such as whether you get that promotion, whether you get a company car, whether you get half of your partners money in the divorce, etc.

I've done it once, as I didn't want to sell the car, but I needed the money to buy a house. It's really to see if it's worth selling or not (like would the car sale cover the outstanding loan, etc).

PG 13 September 2004 05:03 PM

This really grips my **** too !!
All this "possible sale of....."
Fook off !! sell it or dont sell it ! :mad:

Rant over !! ...thanks for brining it up Banana.

Carl Davey 13 September 2004 05:17 PM

Pah! Feck 'gauging interest', you guys want to be testing the water. :rolleyes:

Barron 13 September 2004 07:47 PM

if anyones gauging interest in the future, lets all post and say we want it and try and outbid each other, should be good for a laugh

TopBanana 13 September 2004 09:15 PM

PMSL at the other thread!

Andy I see what you're saying but Scoobynet General would be right place for 'how much is this worth' threads I'd have thought?

Andy Tang 13 September 2004 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana
Andy I see what you're saying but Scoobynet General would be right place for 'how much is this worth' threads I'd have thought?

Being a Subaru centric website, there are always people who believe the cars are worth so much more than they actually are!

There is normally a great difference between what people on Scoobynet value the cars at, compared to how much they actually sell for!

And Autotrader is not a great indicator as well, as what the car is advertised for is not what the car sells for.

At the end of the day, if you advertised your car for £12k (what you were told it was worth on Scoobynet) but you only get offers for £10k, would you be pissed off? Sometimes the best way to get the actual value is to put it up for sale!

Then again, I have seen people try to advertise their cars on numerous occassions on Scoobynet, but always pull out at the last minute, which would annoy the seller more!

King RA 13 September 2004 10:42 PM

Have to agree, a load of bollox. If you want X amount for it then put it up 4 sale at X amount and see what happens.

Mark Miwurdz 14 September 2004 08:56 AM

Agreed - bunch of @rse mate.

Cheers
Kav

NickAdams 14 September 2004 09:28 AM

This gets on my tits too!!! :(
Nearly as much as the one where people say "Open to Offers" so somebody makes a genuine offer only to be told "Sorry mate,I was lookin for more than that!!!"
Why the fcuk didn't you put how much you wanted in the first place then!!!

Agree with the other statements above though,you're either selling something or you're not!

Andy Tang 14 September 2004 10:54 AM

The 'Gauging Interest'/'Test the water' I see as ok, as long as they are actually trying to sell, and modifying the price as necessary. Although I can't stand people who seem to 'gauge interest' every fortnight or so!

The 'open to offers' bit does annoy me, but then again, you could make them an offer of £1 and keep giving increments of £1 until you reach a figure you both agree with!! ;)

Claudius 14 September 2004 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by NickAdams
This gets on my tits too!!! :(
Nearly as much as the one where people say "Open to Offers" so somebody makes a genuine offer only to be told "Sorry mate,I was lookin for more than that!!!"
Why the fcuk didn't you put how much you wanted in the first place then!!!

Exactly.

Either you have to sell the car and you go as low as you'll have to, or you say "I want x amount" and if the buyer isnt willing to pay that, then you dont sell the car to him. End of story.

santa2000 14 September 2004 01:32 PM

You do all realise that by posting this thread will increase the number of people "gauging interest" just to hack the rest of you off, don't you?