ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   PS2 Online Networking (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/361377-ps2-online-networking.html)

JSXOX2 12 September 2004 08:49 PM

PS2 Online Networking

A friend of mine has bought all the gear to get hooked up for online gaming on his playstation 2 but cant get past a certain point. Can any of you guys help ?
He is using a Speedtouch modem and has BTbroadband as his internet provider.
The speedtouch works fine on his PC with his internet connection and I believe has all the settings installed in it.
He then uses the setup disk on the PS2 but keeps getting a DNS error.

I have searched for the BTBroadband dns numbers to enter manually but they do not appear on the net. My mate has no paperwork with them on either and will not ring up any helpline numbers ?
I was given a list of dns numbers off another forum and tried them manually but to no avail

Does anyone else use BT Broadband as their provider for PS2 Online ?

Anyone know these numbers or is this wildly off course with regards to a solution ?

Grr, hate getting beat on these types of things.

StickyMicky 12 September 2004 09:06 PM

ummm

we use bt

the modem goes into my dads comp, which is then networked to mine

all i do is romove the cat5 network cable and plug it into my ps2 adapter and its fine
is your mate running a firewall?

Bravo2zero_sps 13 September 2004 12:01 PM

He is best to ring the ps2 network helpline that came with the network hardware he has just bought. I got mine up and running through them, I had configured everything fine but there was a bug that a few people had that meant your profile you create gets corrupted and wont connect. If you setup another profile with exactly the same settings, ie the correct ones given to you it worked fine! I did all this, played a few games and got bored very easily with it, its cr@p compared to xbox live and I haven't been back on line with the ps2 since I got the xbox.

Mogsi 13 September 2004 12:42 PM

Have to agree Bravo, PS2 online does not even come close to Xbox Live, I spent a few nights playing Tony Hawk Underground on line and have not touched it since...

Although that will all change when GT4 finally gets released...:D :D

super_si 13 September 2004 07:30 PM

Putting me off lads lol.

Im holding out for GT4

Si

StickyMicky 13 September 2004 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mogsi
Have to agree Bravo, PS2 online does not even come close to Xbox Live, I spent a few nights playing Tony Hawk Underground on line and have not touched it since...

Although that will all change when GT4 finally gets released...:D :D

tony hawk was a bit crap when i played online

NFSU was class when it was busy, but i only really wanted it for GT4 :D :D :D