ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Maf sensor Question (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/360653-maf-sensor-question.html)

TEXAS PETE 10 September 2004 09:07 AM

Maf sensor Question

Is the maf sensor immediately after the air box? And how hard is it to change?

Pete

(MY97)

billythekid 10 September 2004 09:50 AM

Yep - Takes about 30 seeconds to change if you take your time.

Unplug.

Remove 2 screws.

Remove old MAF.

Insert new MAF.

Insert 2 screws.

Plug in.

However, this process took my local subaru garage a week. :nono:

ZIPPY 10 September 2004 09:55 AM

Pete, yes it is just after the airbox slightly down on the side facing the front of the car, it goes in at a sideways angle to the feedpipe,i think on the Classic the screw heads are not standard but as long as you have the correct fitment it will take 2 minutes.

If your struggling, bring it to me and i will sort it out, i only live in Sandymoor.

Zippy

TEXAS PETE 10 September 2004 10:29 AM

Cheers, both of you!!

I’ve just been out and had a look at my maf. It has four copper coloured screws on the front edge with the plug connector, connecting up to it, so it seems like the inner sensor is removable?? I know my car is on the change over year between the £70 one, and the £200 one. Anybody know which one I have here?

Cheers Zippy I’ll give you a call if I get stuck… ;)

Pete

(MY97)

Simon C 10 September 2004 11:11 AM

Texas Pete, you have the £270 one. Sorry.

TEXAS PETE 10 September 2004 11:20 AM

S#!t I cant believe it…Well if it need’s changing it needs changing :(

What a tw@t!!

ZIPPY 10 September 2004 01:22 PM

Whats wrong with the car Pete, do you have a non standard panel filter and if so have you tried cleaning the MAF.I have done this several times on a few cars with supposedly failling MAF's and all has been fine after a clean.

Ask Nick and Russ about my legendary ''SOZ'' which is the business on Boost Solenoids and MAF sensors.

Zippy

TEXAS PETE 10 September 2004 02:18 PM

**** your firkin joking I’ve just gone and bought one for 250quid **** and you’re telling me I could have Cleaned it…….

It was juddering like fook in between 3and4 thousand revs I’ve put it on now and it’s all sorted…. O yer I did have a ITG in put a standard one back in it…

**** and I could have cleaned it!

Ru$$Rip 13 September 2004 05:13 PM

Pete - I can vouch for the infamous 'soz' ;)

Incidentally Sonic who comes to the Walton Arms has Deltdash on his laptop and could have confirmed a definate fault with your MAF. I had mine done last week by him and all was running as it should be!

Buzzer 21 September 2004 03:54 PM

....................... but sadly Pete, you were cracking one off whilst sat in your canoe in the middle of the Bridgewater Canal ;)

Next time you should come along :D