ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Mantles of Trefeglwys (Powys) - Any good? (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/359542-mantles-of-trefeglwys-powys-any-good.html)

Tentenths 06 September 2004 01:30 PM

Mantles of Trefeglwys (Powys) - Any good?

Will be on holiday in Newtown/Rhayader area next week. Jap import in need of full service, but can't get it done before we go!

1) Anyone any experience of Mantles for servicing?
2) Any recommended alternatives in area (? Humphrey & Foulkes).

Thanks guys.

scoobyjimbo 06 September 2004 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tentenths
Will be on holiday in Newtown/Rhayader area next week. Jap import in need of full service, but can't get it done before we go!

1) Anyone any experience of Mantles for servicing?
2) Any recommended alternatives in area (? Humphrey & Foulkes).

Thanks guys.

Hi

I used to live near their and cant remeber that dealer.. The nearest dealer to you there would be keith price in abergavenny, about a 50 minute drive away

J

RB Performance Designs 06 September 2004 06:26 PM

Hi m8,

I live/work in Newtown and use Mantles for all my servicing. They are very good and the guys know their stuff.

David Mantle owns the garage and they are an autherized Subaru service agent, the only one in this area.

Just make sure you book in pleanty of time, as they are quite small and busy.

Humphrey & Foulkes will not service any car, they only do their own cars (as they are a car sales pitch).

Hope this helps m8.

Richard :-)

Tentenths 06 September 2004 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by RB Performance Designs
Hi m8,

I live/work in Newtown and use Mantles for all my servicing. They are very good and the guys know their stuff.

David Mantle owns the garage and they are an autherized Subaru service agent, the only one in this area.

Humphrey & Foulkes will not service any car, they only do their own cars (as they are a car sales pitch).

Hope this helps m8.

Thanks Richard - just the sort of info. I was looking for. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

I only mentioned H&F because I'm sure that a few years ago they used to supply new and secondhand European & Jap market Imprezas and Mitsi Lancers - I thought that they might do servicing as well.

Tentenths 06 September 2004 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by RB Performance Designs
Hi m8,

Hope this helps m8.

Just had a look at your website - presumably you don't offer servicing yourselves?!

RB Performance Designs 06 September 2004 09:35 PM

Unfortunately not m8...

I can't talk too much about the website on here, as I didn't realise you had to pay a commercial rate (i.e. to advertise on Scoobynet) to have a Commercial username.

So I will probably be changing it to something more ScoobyNet friendly!!!

Anyway, good luck with mantles.

Rich :-)