ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   TSL Remap on STi7 PPP (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/359142-tsl-remap-on-sti7-ppp.html)

TrueSTI man 04 September 2004 06:31 PM

TSL Remap on STi7 PPP

Just like to say that my first ever visit to TSL was most enjoyable. Especially the bit when I drive home after a remap and geometry setup.

What a difference a day a TSL makes !!!!!!

Look forward to a revist once I have saved up some more money.

Thanks chaps my car is now so much smoother under acceleration.

16vmarc 04 September 2004 06:33 PM

What were the cars results after the remap then?

:D

TrueSTI man 04 September 2004 06:38 PM

approx 325 bhp and 320 lb/ft torque. Need to change the exhaust next to take it further.

The most significant improvement is the fact that peak figures are reached sooner and the extra torque is amazing.

DJ WATTS 04 September 2004 08:16 PM

Glad you had a good day down there...
Ive spoken to them countless times and i am saving up £1200 for the full works re-map.
Which will include front sports cat, de-cat center and rear exhaust and re-map work.

The map on its own is around the £600 mark (correct me if im wrong) and although tempted just to go for the re-map i know i will want more.
Im hoping for figures of over 350HP and that will require exhaust upgrade.
I can't wait until i go down, they all sound like a good bunch and like you say will be a day to remember. :)

Nice figures you got there. ;)

16vmarc 04 September 2004 08:57 PM

Sounds good, does it feel like a completly differant car now then?

Type_RA 04 September 2004 09:01 PM

remap is 650+vat and worth every penny. My RA flys and shed loads of torque

p1doc 04 September 2004 10:28 PM

i got a remap and bb first then went back for the rest later,it flies now!!
martin

DJ WATTS 07 September 2004 06:02 AM

What if you wanted more though?
Say you got a slightly larger turbo and then TSL re-mapped this how much power would this achieve?

Boyakasha 07 September 2004 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by DJ WATTS
Im hoping for figures of over 350HP and that will require exhaust upgrade.
I can't wait until i go down, they all sound like a good bunch and like you say will be a day to remember. :)

Nice figures you got there. ;)

DJ that sounds like a lot from just exhaust and re-map, are you changing the headers as well? If you are planning on big bhp you may as well go the whole hog in one as you will need a 3" system and bigger turbo. I thought TSL did 333bhp and that was the exhaust, re-map and fuel pump?

Marc

ProdriveSTI 07 September 2004 07:31 AM

Exhausts....

TrueSTI man Re - Need to change the exhaust next to take it further, What exhaust have you got @ present? the PPP.
If you need to change it to take it further, what exhausts are better?

DJ WATTS 07 September 2004 02:36 PM

boyakasha the work i will be having done will be a full system with sports downpipe cat only with fuel pump etc.
I also forgot to mention my car is JDM and they can get more out of the JDM spec. ;)

They actually told me around 2 months ago that they have had their works car up to 370HP but run it at 350 to be safe and that with just a re-map/exhaust upgrade etc. ;)

Funny you should say this as a lot of people are in doubt over this and i asked him twice on the phone "so those HP figures are from just re-map exhaust and no engine upgreades?" YES, yes it is was the reply from TSL.

I promise after my visit to TSL i will post up information regarding my HP figures and if i can get it some print out proof.
Im sure if i tell them its to go up on here to show everyone about my visit down there they will give me some sort of printout.
Yes i was told about the 333 package but i said i wanted more... :D (greedy me)
Ive been told the gearbox is good for 600HP and the turbo is good for 400HP by TSL.
And as one of the guys down there has had major dealings with motec and rallying i am 100% in beleiving in what he is saying is true...

So a figure i would like would be 360HP but i will just have to wait until i have saved the pennies up... :D

Gutmann pug 07 September 2004 02:41 PM

True STi ........ what are your power figures based on? as TSL dont have a rolling road. Have you had the car on the rollers subsequently or is it just what you think its making??

scrappydoo 07 September 2004 03:56 PM

Ive gotta see how long your engine/turbos last, lol :D:D:D running silly hp without engine mods or fueling mods is just plain stupid. If you value your engines get the rest done as well or you will reduce your engine life expectancy dramatically.

DJ WATTS 08 September 2004 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by scrappydoo
Ive gotta see how long your engine/turbos last, lol :D:D:D running silly hp without engine mods or fueling mods is just plain stupid. If you value your engines get the rest done as well or you will reduce your engine life expectancy dramatically.

Maybe i should ring TSL up then and tell them that the works car they are running at 350HP with no engine mods is silly...

Oh and i did mention fuel pump in there im sure of it... ;)

marklemac 28 September 2004 06:07 PM

TrueSTI Man,

Have you now had your car on the rollers ? or delta dash ?

What was the bhp/torque figures ?

hawkeye 28 September 2004 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by DJ WATTS
Maybe i should ring TSL up then and tell them that the works car they are running at 350HP with no engine mods is silly...

Oh and i did mention fuel pump in there im sure of it... ;)

ermmm mind you the "works" car they have is a LEFT hand drive WRX and is running 350bhp on standard internals........... ooooh and yes Richard is waiting to see it go bang!!! ;)