ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Who's a lucky boy then!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/358646-whos-a-lucky-boy-then.html)

Alas 02 September 2004 10:03 PM

Who's a lucky boy then!!!

Driving along country road today with a 40mph limit although no houses etc. Passed a 530 beemer and another car. Doing about 50 - 60mph and the beemer followed me.
Came into the 30mph (same country road just has a couple of houses) and was doing about 40mph when beemer behind starts flashing the blue lights.
Oh sh*t I thought and pulled over. Policeman gets out proceed to give me a right rollicking. I just held my hands up, no arguing and apologised. He then said ok only a warning this time... Good man.
Before all the holier than thou's start, I know you should'nt speed even though this road is an obvious 60 as no houses, shops etc. I'll be more careful for a while thats for sure.
Alasdair

fastfit 02 September 2004 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Alas
Driving along country road today with a 40mph limit although no houses etc. Passed a 530 beemer and another car. Doing about 50 - 60mph and the beemer followed me.
Came into the 30mph (same country road just has a couple of houses) and was doing about 40mph when beemer behind starts flashing the blue lights.
Oh sh*t I thought and pulled over. Policeman gets out proceed to give me a right rollicking. I just held my hands up, no arguing and apologised. He then said ok only a warning this time... Good man.
Before all the holier than thou's start, I know you should'nt speed even though this road is an obvious 60 as no houses, shops etc. I'll be more careful for a while thats for sure.
Alasdair

jammy git. just shows though, be nice, grovel and drive away slowly, with licence.

imlach 02 September 2004 10:51 PM

I'll be more careful for a while thats for sure.
Alasdair

Out of interest, why only a "while"?

Poor Guy 02 September 2004 10:53 PM

same copper may remember you.

imlach 02 September 2004 10:54 PM

Came into the 30mph (same country road just has a couple of houses) and was doing about 40mph ....

Out of interest, is the street you live on a 30mph limit? If so, would you be happy with people doing 40mph on it? 1 house or 300 houses....does it make a difference?

Alas 02 September 2004 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by imlach
Out of interest, is the street you live on a 30mph limit? If so, would you be happy with people doing 40mph on it? 1 house or 300 houses....does it make a difference?

Yes m8
Street I live on is a 30mph with houses on both sides of the road. Road I was on is about 4 miles long with about 6 houses on it but was classified a 30mph about 15 years ago due to heavy construction traffic at a major building project which finished 12 yrs ago. They just never lifted the restriction.
So if you would happily drive at 30 on a very quiet country road going along a lochside then you're a very patient man.
Alas :cool:

imlach 02 September 2004 11:29 PM

....but was classified a 30mph about 15 years ago due to heavy construction traffic at a major building project which finished 12 yrs ago. They just never lifted the restriction.

...ah well, I guess you know best then :rolleyes:

Alas 02 September 2004 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by imlach
...ah well, I guess you know best then :rolleyes:

Thats nothing m8, I jaywalk as well:D

Leslie 03 September 2004 08:26 AM

An anarchic prat then!

Alas 03 September 2004 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie
An anarchic prat then!

Sure thing, and I walk on the grass when the signs says I can't. I even think that once I did'nt hold a door open for a granny.

Love how some others are so perfect:rolleyes:

shamrock 03 September 2004 09:47 AM

Should have locked you up and thrown away the key. ;)

Alas 03 September 2004 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by shamrock
Should have locked you up and thrown away the key. ;)

They would have m8 but the jail was full of litter louts:D

shamrock 03 September 2004 09:53 AM

:D

ajm 03 September 2004 09:56 AM

I hear the sound of the SN holier-than-thou approaching!

He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone!
John Chapter 8, verse 7

Alas 03 September 2004 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by ajm
I hear the sound of the SN holier-than-thou approaching!

He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone!
John Chapter 8, verse 7

:D:D

lightning101 03 September 2004 10:14 AM

Good on you - round one to the anarchists.

:razz:

Richard Askew 03 September 2004 10:48 AM

Thats nothing - I drink and drive :D

Richard Askew 03 September 2004 10:49 AM

But I wouldnt recommend it cos Dr Pepper really stains ;)