ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Jesus Christ, please don't let it be true!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/358623-jesus-christ-please-dont-let-it-be-true.html)

micared 02 September 2004 09:05 PM

Jesus Christ, please don't let it be true!!!

Venables for the Toon :eek: . Houllier's started to look appealing suddenly, compared to that charmless cockney dungbeetle!!!!!

richiewong 02 September 2004 09:43 PM

Just reading the back of the Evening Chronicle and it looks like he's the favourite.
Maybe not a bad thing if he can show Al what to do with a bunch of brown envelopes :D ;)

Micared if you're a Toon fan get yourself on http://www.thefinalwhistle.com and have a bit crack on with Toonman, FasterMike and even PSLewis (Mr.Ree)

FASTER MIKE!! 02 September 2004 09:51 PM

fek did'nt think it was pete:p on there, looks like there could be some more banter:D there was a picture of old el tel outside st james in the express today, not looking good

mike

richiewong 02 September 2004 09:57 PM

Yep Mr.Ree is Pete but he denies it, but look at the usual Boro rubbish he spouts to antagonise the TRUE number 1 North East team's fans :p :D

MGJohn 03 September 2004 05:22 PM

Car-Toons.... ;)

Daz34 03 September 2004 05:44 PM

Nah mate.

Mr Potatohead is gonna be your next manager ;)

FASTER MIKE!! 03 September 2004 08:20 PM

as long as its not monkeyheed;) either:D

micared 03 September 2004 09:04 PM

richie, cheers for that site reference, see you on there.

Chris L 03 September 2004 09:59 PM

Speaking as a long term Palace fan - you're very welcome to Mr Venables :D

richiewong 03 September 2004 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Chris L
Speaking as a long term Palace fan - you're very welcome to Mr Venables :D

Venables' career management record
(NB he wasn't team manager in his time at Portsmouth):

Team Games W D L
Leeds 42 16 7 19
Middlesbro 25 8 11 6
C Palace 31 11 8 12
Tottenham 164 67 46 51
QPR 166 84 33 49
C Palace 189 69 68 52

Newcastle dening talks witn El Tel now, latest rumour is former Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld. :Suspiciou

FASTER MIKE!! 03 September 2004 10:57 PM

richie is'nt he the fella that who won the champions league with Bayern Munich, quite well regarded...apparently. personally i'd prefer a british(or irish;) ) manager

richiewong 03 September 2004 11:08 PM

But not O'leary :cuckoo:
I simply don't trust the man based on absolutely no rational point whatsoever (actually probably the crap he tends to spout ie last season and this season against the Toon) :p

FASTER MIKE!! 03 September 2004 11:51 PM

yea not him;):D

ScoobyDriverWannabe 04 September 2004 12:24 AM

As i said before Howard Wilkinson is perfect for the job :lol::lol:

cheddar bob 04 September 2004 12:28 AM

I don't like O'Leary :freak3: but he has a good managerial record, just look at how well he's turned things round at Villa with a very small squad. I'd say him, O'Neill or Brucey would be the best bet for the long term. Or if not, Strachan could be the short term solution.

richiewong 04 September 2004 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe
As i said before Howard Wilkinson is perfect for the job :lol::lol:

:lol: just like the Monkey's Heed :razz:

TOON TOON

Chris L 04 September 2004 10:32 PM

Venables' career management record
(NB he wasn't team manager in his time at Portsmouth):

Team Games W D L
Leeds 42 16 7 19
Middlesbro 25 8 11 6
C Palace 31 11 8 12
Tottenham 164 67 46 51
QPR 166 84 33 49
C Palace 189 69 68 52

Not questioning his mangerial record, more the financial side of things.....

micared 05 September 2004 12:05 AM

Venables, imo, is a morally disingenious tosspot who cares more about the condition of his wallet than any footy team you care to mention. Have I said that I don't like him? Not often that I express emotion on this level, but I'd rather he fcuked off and died than became manager of the Toon!

richiewong 05 September 2004 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by micared
Venables, imo, is a morally disingenious tosspot who cares more about the condition of his wallet than any footy team you care to mention. Have I said that I don't like him? Not often that I express emotion on this level, but I'd rather he fcuked off and died than became manager of the Toon!

Oh yes he's a dodgy geezer in a true cockney w@nker style ;):p

Taken from nufc.com

Contradictory statements:
Tel tells a
different story....

Friday 3rd September Freddy Shepherd said:

"Terry Venables has not been here. I have not spoken to Terry Venables."

"I can't remember the last time I saw him."

Sunday 5th September Terry Venables is quoted in the News of the World:

"I feel very happy with the way things went. We had a meeting, a good chat and our conversations will be ongoing."

"Freddy is a down-to-earth, normal guy and we got on well. There are a few problems that need to be solved but providing I can sort those out I feel very excited about the future."

Given that Shepherd flew out of Newcastle airport on Friday evening then when exactly did this meeting take place?

Just to confirm, Venables was definitely at Newcastle airport on Thursday morning and we also had a reliable sighting of El Tel at the Newcastle United training ground on Thursday.

If Shepherd was merely playing with the semantics of what he meant by "here" or had got someone else to "see" Venables, then the Chairman's statement was at best unwise.

If the meeting took place on Saturday then he must have known it was scheduled to take place when speaking on Friday.

Why bother saying anything at all??

Although our Chairman is also on record as saying he doesn't mind making unpopular decisions, appointing Venables could be the biggest mistake he ever makes.

Already a few of you have contacted us to say that you'd boycott matches and club shops if Venables was given the job.

pslewis 05 September 2004 09:44 PM

Boycott matches and stop buying in the shop??????????????

I can just see them quaking at the very idea!! Ha Ha Ha

It's big business, driven by big money - not whether a supporter hasn't turned up for a game or hasn't bought the NUFC Keyring from the gift shop!!!

You need someone to STOP you going DOWN - that person is Tel. - end of!

If you want to watch quality in action pop along to the Riverside and see the BORO goal feast!!

Pete

richiewong 05 September 2004 09:51 PM

Won't stop me Pete, glad Bobby is gone.

If you want to watch quality in action pop along to the Riverside and see the BORO goal feast!!
Couldn't sell all your tickets again :lol1:

FASTER MIKE!! 05 September 2004 11:44 PM

lol @ richie :D:D:D

richiewong 06 September 2004 10:36 AM

AAARRRRGH

Souness has quit blackburn and linked with the Toon :(

cheddar bob 06 September 2004 11:20 AM

:brickwall :mad: :( :cry: [/climbs on top of Tyne Bridge ready to jump off if it's true]

This guys not even in the same league as Sir Bobby Robson :mad:

And he has more spat's with players than Sir Bob ever did in his whole career (and that's saying something!) :brickwall

Daz34 06 September 2004 11:38 AM

Woody to Real
Souness to Newcastle

What next? Phil Neville to Arsenal??

SJ_Skyline 06 September 2004 12:45 PM

FFS :mad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/3630952.stm

and we all know what the last Ex-Liverpool player did as manager..... :rolleyes:

Bravo2zero_sps 06 September 2004 12:45 PM

HAHAHAHAHA Souness to Newcastle - looks like Championship football for the Toon next season then! Sheppard should be sacked, the bloke is fcukwit. As a Gooner I like Newcastle more than other rivals as they have good fans and appreciate good football when they are being beaten - example when they applauded Henry last season at the end of the game. Its a shame they have Shappard in charge, Robson should never have gone, but to replace him with Souness is laughable!

Daz34 06 September 2004 01:40 PM

I bet Dyer is crying like a baby now ;)

FASTER MIKE!! 06 September 2004 08:48 PM

this is fooked up:mad: two steps back:mad: the big question is why? whats he done as a manager? don't think he's won anything in the last 10 years:mad:

mike:mad:

micared 06 September 2004 08:58 PM

If there wasn't any evidence of substance abuse at board level before, I think we're all agreed there is now! And I complained about Venables! :eek: Edited to say, did someone mention boro and goalfest in the same sentence.....drug abuse must be more common than I thought! :)