ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Wot on earth is with emergency services????????? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/358171-wot-on-earth-is-with-emergency-services.html)

tuscan57 01 September 2004 11:09 AM

Wot on earth is with emergency services?????????

Last night on my way home from work was a witness to a motorbike accident, luckily the biker wasnt serious as never made contact with the car that pulled out in front of him. but had a huge impact with the ground/road. after obvoiusly making sure everything was safe etc decided on calling an ambulance for him as he was in some pain with his shoulder, my horror was that after spending five minutes to them all i had spoke to was the operator and not even got through to the ambulance! :mad: after another maybe 10 minutes the guy said dont worry he will get the bike recovered then get his other half to run him to hospital! :mad: to my amazement the ambulance service called me back 15 minutes later on my mobile asking if i needed them! :cuckoo: he could have been dead by then!!!!!!!

rant over nearly!!!!!!!

SJ_Skyline 01 September 2004 11:15 AM

[evil]

Should have told them that you didn't need them because the guy was now dead ;)

[/evil]

(I'm going to hell today) :D

Trashman 01 September 2004 11:20 AM

Was it actually the emergency operator or the mobile network's operator? Whenever I've dialled 999 from my mobile I've got thru to someone who then connects you to the appropriate service, but hands over the call as "mobile caller tel number xxxxxxxx", then the other party answers "police....". Just curious as never had a problem with calling in an emergency (Orange BTW).

STi wanna Subaru 01 September 2004 11:20 AM

*waits for comment about if he had been speeding* ;)

Daz34 01 September 2004 11:45 AM

The Ambulance service have a call queuing system because of the volume of calls they get. They get loads of timewasters with stuff like headaches calling them which puts a huge strain on their resources.
I think they are gonna tighten up their turnout policies and not respond to some incidents, which is well overdue IMHO.

tucker101uk 01 September 2004 11:59 AM

i think if you call 112 from your mobile you get thru straight away to the emergency switchboard...

tuscan57 01 September 2004 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
*waits for comment about if he had been speeding* ;)

would say he wasnt speeding as he didnt approach me that fast it was the old bloke that seemed to appear out of nowhere think a driveway crossed the road and bike either had him or me ( in a discovery) to aim for!

didnt get any of the mobile number etc spoke to the operator then was waiting for ambulance service to answer! tbh think it did warrent an ambulance as he was in some pain and couldnt use his right arm but i could have took him the 7/8 miles to hospital in the time they never answered!