ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   Cleaning Rays forged alloys - S202 (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/357741-cleaning-rays-forged-alloys-s202.html)

Lippo 30 August 2004 08:11 PM

Cleaning Rays forged alloys - S202

I would welcome some advice for cleaning Rays forged alloys on S202. No problem with brake dust but I have a slight white film, streaky in places, taking the shine off the wheels.

They look fine when wet but as they dry the whiteness reappears. I think it may be due to wax being used (previous owner) which is enbedded in the textured finish. Tried very hot water, Swissol cleaner fluid, Autoglym engine cleaner (water based - no chemicals) etc, but little improvement.

Not sure that I should use the various wheel cleaners on the market, due to risk of chemical degredation.

any recommendations would be appreciated, IMHO these wheels are amongst the best around and I want them to look pristine.

Cheers
Simon

njkmr 30 August 2004 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lippo
I would welcome some advice for cleaning Rays forged alloys on S202. No problem with brake dust but I have a slight white film, streaky in places, taking the shine off the wheels.

They look fine when wet but as they dry the whiteness reappears. I think it may be due to wax being used (previous owner) which is enbedded in the textured finish. Tried very hot water, Swissol cleaner fluid, Autoglym engine cleaner (water based - no chemicals) etc, but little improvement.

Not sure that I should use the various wheel cleaners on the market, due to risk of chemical degredation.

any recommendations would be appreciated, IMHO these wheels are amongst the best around and I want them to look pristine.

Cheers
Simon

I would let Ray do his feckin own m8,cheeky cnunt!!!

Sorry,im going.Door slams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T5NYW 30 August 2004 08:28 PM

I have used Wonder Wheel , Ok I know it's harsh but do a wheel a time and wash off immeadiately ;) it may do the trick.

Get out clause

PLEASE TRY IN A HIDDEN PLACE FIRST to ensure no harm to yours wheels

Tony

Ps nice car :D:D

T-1000 30 August 2004 10:36 PM

Try P21S from www.seriousperformance.co.uk its by far the best wheel cleaner I have used and its safe.

T5NYW 30 August 2004 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by T-1000
Try P21S from its by far the best wheel cleaner I have used and its safe.

t-1000

Yep that stuf's suposed to be real brill :cool: first time I've seen it advertised anywhere

Tony

marklemac 31 August 2004 07:10 AM

autoglym intensive tar remover is good for stains on wheels too.

billythekid 31 August 2004 10:24 AM

Take the wheel off if you can, clean the inside of the wheel, this stops a lot of the dust coming back quickly after you cleaned them.

Then just clean the outside for a few months. I usualy take my wheels off every 4 - 6 months or so and have a real good look at the tyres too. Just to make sure no problems etc.

mas58 31 August 2004 01:44 PM

I have the wheels off mine at present and was considering applying a satin lacquer to the inside of the rim to try and ease cleaning and stop brake dust eating into alloy.

Lippo 01 September 2004 09:05 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, I might well try the P21S stuff and try and get a spare couple of hours to do a proper job.

njkmr, nice one I should have seen that coming!

Simon