ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   ###ATTENTION SMACS LADS!!### (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/357640-attention-smacs-lads.html)

Gav 30 August 2004 12:49 PM

###ATTENTION SMACS LADS!!###

Last meet for the Gav lad on wednesday, my insurance ends on thurs night as the car is goin up for sale and taking delivery of my new beastie!!!

i would be greatfull for a good turn out for me last one and a good run somewhere, would like to do the Cat and Fiddle one last time and also the vale of Edale amongst other things!!

gutted she's going but like i've said, i'll get my things up and running and i'll be back!!

cheers guys,

Gav...:)

willy 30 August 2004 01:28 PM

I`ll be there on wed:)
Lots pics to be taken...
Willy

Gav 30 August 2004 02:12 PM

thats two then:) pics and vid if poss?! just realised i've had it nearly 2 years and hardly got it on video! has anyone got any coverage of curbourgh last year or the wales trip??

Gav..

chaz456 30 August 2004 04:43 PM

DEFO!!

I'm up for a burn out!!! Where you meeting H&H ? Want to try out my new toys!!

willy 30 August 2004 05:29 PM

Yes thats the place...
As one subaru goes another joins....

Willy

Mad Scientist 30 August 2004 07:22 PM

I'll be there then for the tearful farewell! I'll bring my camera!

supertouring 30 August 2004 07:33 PM

Can't do this week, sorry.

I assume you had one of the Curbourgh photo CDs I handed out last year. Plenty of you on it. Let me know if you need another one.

Hope you are still doing Wales this year, in whatever beastie you will have then.

Gav 30 August 2004 09:00 PM

Good lad chaz, see you there!

Big lad, tears will be flowing big time when she goes:( new car will make me smile though:) not telling you all what it is cos you'll all think i'm a ponce:D:D:D

I could do with a copy Dai if poss, seem to have mis-placed the other one:rolleyes: i'll be at Wales but not sure about being in my new car as i might not keep up! not sure yet though as i've not driven it:rolleyes: may just be a passenger and get sloshed on the "free" Stella again:D:D hahahahaha

Gav..

cw42 31 August 2004 04:09 PM

I'm in :)
Not sure if I'll be awake though, first time back on early shift in ages, so up at 5am for me :(
Hope you have better look selling yours than I have gav, very slow market at the mo', and its a buyers market too :(
See you wednesday.
chris.

ps, I'll cobble together some footage from last years curborough, wales and some other meets too, slip you a cd-rom.

djliveasy 31 August 2004 04:37 PM

:) i will come out for a burn i've not had chance to meet you all yet, what time?. scott

willy 31 August 2004 06:18 PM

i should imagine 7:30..

Gav what time?

Willy

Gav 31 August 2004 08:14 PM

7:30 at the H&H is good for me boy's. Thought we could go to whaley (maybe meet Andy if you fancy it son???) over kettleshulme to macc, up the Cat n Fiddle, have a stop an a chat, down to buxton, over long hill to whaley, through Chapple, castleton, up the vale of edale (better in this direction IMHO) then wherever after that, any opinions??? these are just my three favourite roads, maybe we can go up holmes moss too?? go to the ford inn for a drink (cant think why;)haha) if you want to meet earlier so we can do them in the light that would be better. Any footage would be great Chris cheers:D:D have you still got that very first SMACS meet me you an Pete went on?? the one with the "Damn Busses" comment at the end?!!

gav..:)

cw42 31 August 2004 09:13 PM

andy is out of the country at the mo', so no point going to whaley :)
I think we'd better set off around 5pm for that route gav, will you be leading out :)
How about, marple, macc, c&f, long hill, whaley, chapel, rushup edge, edale, castleton, snake, back glossop, monks road, glossop road into marple?
BIG ROUTE, but lots of top road there :)
See you tomorrow, where I'll be at the back with pete & the shagged suspension club. My front end feels like its got jelly where springs should be :):)
chris.

cw42 31 August 2004 09:14 PM

ps, yeah, got all the video I've ever taken around somewhere, just a case of finding it :)
I'll have a good look when I get a minute.

chaz456 31 August 2004 09:33 PM

What time?

What time do ya think it will be lad? Only i'm havin some new tyres fitted at 5. If you've gone at 5 have good run. If not see ya at 7.30.:)

Gav 31 August 2004 10:25 PM

Shall we say 7 then guy's?? if not ok with everyone we'll keep it at 7:30:)

gav..

cw42 01 September 2004 02:49 PM

7's good for me, see you there :)
chris.

djliveasy 01 September 2004 04:47 PM

i carnt make it at 7, i will go down to h&h to see if your still there at 7.30 if not have a good run and will try and meet you all someother time scott.

cw42 01 September 2004 05:15 PM

scott, how about meeting @ mcdonalds in macc? were meeting madscientist there, and will be hanging around for a while to impress the saxo boys :):)
chris

Beefy 01 September 2004 05:36 PM

Bah sorry Gav-lad, I cant make it tonight. Have a good run and hopefully catch up with you soon. You can always passenger in the Cup!!

Good luck with the sale too m8.

:D

djliveasy 01 September 2004 05:45 PM

cw what time you gonna be there till.

chaz456 01 September 2004 08:31 PM

Soz lads i miss you went to H&H at 7.30 no one there. Gutted! I'll have to get my computer fixed. I wounderin if any body up for a run sunday afternoon if so can some one text/ring me 07779601304. Soz i didnt get to meet ya gav good luck with your new car!!!!!:)

Barnesy 01 September 2004 10:53 PM

Good run out tonight boys and girls. It was one of the fastest runs for a long time!!
Good luck with sale of your car Gav, get polishing it!!
Well I finished off my front tyres tonight :D
STU

cw42 01 September 2004 10:54 PM

apologies to the guys who missed out tonight, you missed a cracking run :)
roads were perfect, dry, mild, great visibility, lots of derbyshire twists and turns :)
chaz, sorry m8, my fault we shot off from the h&h, I completely forgot you were coming late :(, get you a drink next time your out to make up :)
Sorry to see gav and his top driving on our runs in the future, you'll be sorely missed m8, hope the new venture goes well.
scott, hope your car isn't too ill, let me know tomorrow how you get on.
Lucky it wasn't raining tonight, we'd never have spotted that puddle underneath :)
Gav, nice to finally meet your missus, I've only seen the one picture of her so far :):)

see you all again soon, watch this space for a drive on sunday :)
chris.

damn I need new suspension!

djliveasy 01 September 2004 11:05 PM

##WANTED NEW RADIATOR## for a classic98. ha ha o'well i made it back ok never mind good run glad to put a face to you all at long last. i will remember next time to go out with a full tank of fuel. see you all soon scott. P.S if anyone no's anyone with a rad let me no. cheers

Barnesy 01 September 2004 11:18 PM

Try Grade A in Hayfield.

djliveasy 01 September 2004 11:21 PM

will do mate gonna give them a ring tomoz, want to try and avoid a second hand one though.

Barnesy 02 September 2004 11:07 AM

If you have no luck try Prosport as they are approved by subaru now, so it should be easier to get parts.

chaz456 02 September 2004 07:39 PM

Have you tryed scooby clinic in chesterfeild they might help you out i've heard their very resonable!!:idea:

djliveasy 02 September 2004 07:54 PM

anybody got any contact numbers for any of the above places. cheers lads