ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   My dealer : " We will only get 2(!!) new 2001 year Impreza Turbos per month. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/3566-my-dealer-we-will-only-get-2-new-2001-year-impreza-turbos-per-month.html)

pslewis 09 July 2000 12:54 AM

General Hype - Subaru are aware that they have now flooded the UK market with the run-out cars ... hence walk into a Subaru dealer and drive out a nice new Scooby with a discount - what a change in just a year!!

So I hope as a new owner that these 2001 cars are limited - create a shortage and people will queue to buy the old one still .... if the new one is, as rumoured, the same price and better spec'd - then us owners of old models have a big shock waiting down the road.

I hear that it may have a 280BHP engine (P1 one maybe??)

I also hear that only the saloon will be imported for a few years - so the wise money went on the 5 Doors over the last few months

pete

EdwardH 09 July 2000 11:03 AM

My dealer (Wilson's - Chadell Heath )reckons he is only going to get 2 new turbos a month ( for the first year or so) when the new model is released later this year.

Is he pulling my thing or what?

Ed

ChrisB 09 July 2000 11:46 AM

Possibly an attempt to keep prices up?

Lack of new models may help prices of late MY00 models go up as some people might not want to wait for a new car. However, this theory assumes they don't already have a Scooby.

Chris.

Darren Soothill 10 July 2000 07:50 AM

I think you will find that the 280BHP engine is very unlikely to be available in new offical cars for a while because the car would not meet the current emission laws which changed this year hence the reason Prodrive where rushing through the P1 so that the old laws would apply.

Unless the new car comes with a new engine which at the moment from current rumours seems very unlikely.

strong 15 July 2000 01:19 AM

I know Autocar aren't known for their accuracy but this week's story of the Focus Cossie having 310 bhp when it arrives next year, if anything close to being correct, will surely help us to get the 276 bhp engine sooner rather than later.

Paul

sunilp 15 July 2000 11:08 AM

yeah but the focus cossie will prob be over 35k?...or so someone said in the pub last night!

Scutter 15 July 2000 11:32 AM

Anybody know when the MY01 will actually be in the UK showrooms? Will they actually be on the streets before the new year ?

Ian.

Josh L 16 July 2000 12:35 PM

Dealer is expecting mine in for December, or possibly late November. Fingers crossed!

In the mean time I'll just have to wait until the end of next month to see what I've ordered.

Josh

Denz 18 July 2000 06:34 PM

i was on list but decided to buy now one dealer didnt think he would have it untill summer next year

gregh 18 July 2000 06:38 PM

Josh,

>> Dealer is expecting mine in for December, >> or possibly late November.

Is the dealer basing this on any firm facts, or is it a sales tactic? I'd be very interested to see when new cars will be available assuming the car is only launched at the motor show.

I hope for your sake he is correct, but I remain skeptical!

Greg