ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   My experiment (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/356446-my-experiment.html)

ScottyScoob 25 August 2004 04:31 PM

My experiment

Noticed for the last few days a lot of management were walking round the office doing absoloutley nothing so today i thought i do a little experiment. So today when i got into the office i went a got my big diary a folder and a network cable and walked round the office trying to look important and speak to different people. I also went to the smoking area with above said items and managed to mingle with the managment agreeing what an interesting meeting that was and how the minutes dont reflect what was said lol.

But an hour ago my boss came up to me when i was doing my rounds of the office asking what i was doing and could i rebuild a machine for him, oh well i did get away with it for a bit, Next week i will try carrying a pen around with me as well and see if i can getaway with it for longer :D :D :D

S2martin 25 August 2004 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyScoob
Noticed for the last few days a lot of management were walking round the office doing absoloutley nothing so today i thought i do a little experiment. So today when i got into the office i went a got my big diary a folder and a network cable and walked round the office trying to look important and speak to different people. I also went to the smoking area with above said items and managed to mingle with the managment agreeing what an interesting meeting that was and how the minutes dont reflect what was said lol.

But an hour ago my boss came up to me when i was doing my rounds of the office asking what i was doing and could i rebuild a machine for him, oh well i did get away with it for a bit, Next week i will try carrying a pen around with me as well and see if i can getaway with it for longer :D :D :D

Lol i do that my best way is when talking to somebody and the boss is around (i work outside mostly) i point at things and look important and after 3 years he still don't disturb my pointing moments

_Meridian_ 25 August 2004 05:03 PM

I've found the best prop is a sheaf of various coloured bits of paper (bills, receipts, that sort of thing). A couple of thick ringbinders with the company logo works as well.

M

Avi 25 August 2004 05:17 PM

folder and a network cable and walked round
Sounds all too familiar to me too, i can do it for weeks on end :D Only i have a huge hospital to do it in ;)

Jerome 25 August 2004 05:23 PM

In the military, if you walk around purposefully holding a clipboard, you can get away with doing nothing for days. Absolutely no-one dares challenge you. :D

sherlock 25 August 2004 05:25 PM

Clipboard and pen and if anyone asks just say " i've just got to give this to (insert name of random colleague) and i'll be right back!" Works for weeks! :)

ScottyScoob 25 August 2004 05:28 PM

Since our Server and Comms room is such a state i think tomorrow i`ll stand with a network cable scratching my head , that should kill a few hours

sherlock 25 August 2004 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jerome
In the military, if you walk around purposefully holding a clipboard, you can get away with doing nothing for days. Absolutely no-one dares challenge you. :D

Beat me to it. But it is true :D

Leslie 26 August 2004 08:28 AM

One of my navigators in the RAF used to walk around with a green confidential folder with "Poems to Eddy" written on the front. He never got caught for extra jobs :D

Les