ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   HELP! - Anyone who has made a gearbox warranty claim, please read (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/354963-help-anyone-who-has-made-a-gearbox-warranty-claim-please-read.html)

scoobygearbox 20 August 2004 02:48 PM

HELP! - Anyone who has made a gearbox warranty claim, please read

Thanks for clicking this thread...

I am wishing for anyone who has sucessfully made a warranty claim with a Subaru Warranty with respect to a gearbox to contact me at the email address in this profile.

Please don't feel obliged to post details on here. However, I will need your details for a possible case against a warranty company who are in no way related to Subaru.

Thanks in advance

Echo 20 August 2004 08:28 PM

Someone in my office with Y reg UK300 had a new gearbox on warranty - just before 60k I think.

WHEATIE 21 August 2004 10:56 AM

I had a problem with my MY53 sti , it was crunching through gears 2nd to 3rd. Initially i thought there was a major gearbox problem. After close inspection at beachdale they found the thrust bearing was disintergrated. Beachdale put it all back together but there was still a problem but not as bad.
Back to beachdale, they ended up replacing the whole clutch and flywheel assembly(also had the prodrive pack fitted whilst they had the scoob)
Went to collect said scoob, sorted no gear problems and very pleased with the ppp and the service provided by beachdale(very nice people) hope this helps.
Rich.

marklemac 21 August 2004 11:04 AM

My MY02 STI is booked in for 2 weeks time to have the gearbox removed and inspected, as I have this awfull rattling noise when I lift off the accelerator. Problem goes away when I dip the clutch. Will keep you posted... :)

BishopDevious 21 August 2004 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by WHEATIE
very pleased with the ppp and the service provided by beachdale(very nice people)
Rich.

Beechdale Derby? That where I bought my WRX from in march. Very helpfull.

Got a slight problem with my gearbox, sometimes it wont go into third or fourth. Going to take it to Triangle in Chesterfield next week to see if they can sort it out. I will let you know how I get on.

WHEATIE 21 August 2004 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by BishopDevious
Beechdale Derby? That where I bought my WRX from in march. Very helpfull.

Got a slight problem with my gearbox, sometimes it wont go into third or fourth. Going to take it to Triangle in Chesterfield next week to see if they can sort it out. I will let you know how I get on.

Yes beechdale derby, hope you get it sorted.

scoobygearbox 23 August 2004 04:11 PM

BTTT

Thanks for the above - I will need details of claims as I need to show precedence i.e. that where a gearbox has failed, Subaru have replaced and made good.

This is as A. N. Other Warranty company believes it is normal for a gearbox to wear out in under 3 years and less than 60,000 miles of UK driving.

All your help is appreciated

Mail me to address in profile if your are able to help

marklemac 23 August 2004 04:16 PM

Not good ol 'warranty holdings' or similar ?

I had a 95WRX which stripped 1st gear. Warranty holding wouldn't pay out because of 'abuse' of the gearbox. They blamed the previous owner (the previous owner was from Japan). I had independent reports etc etc done, but still they held firm. I didn't have the money at the time to pursue it legally.....

scoobygearbox 31 August 2004 09:36 AM

BTTT

Anyone who can help please get in touch via the email in my profile